Who are you all and why do I enjoy chatting with you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Re: Who are you all and why do I enjoy chatting with you?

If I may, i think that often the written word sometimes does not translate well from when someone says it. (This may be writers are a well paid profession)  Being one who post as an a$s I can speak from experience of how what I say in my mind and what I write online some times come out completely differently.  I don't think there was malcontent with you post but some times it just comes across different.  I hope that this can pass and I feel that you are sincere with your apologies. And that we can all go on ruining our careers by spending way too much time at these forums.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've let loose on the forums before and was extremely sorry and embarrassed I did because, turns out, it was over a misunderstanding.  So, I know it can happen and hope all is well all around.

Once I left angry voicemail over a perceived dig, and found out in the course of the day that it wasn't what I thought it was, and I was super thankful my friends had the integrity to honestly delete it without listening first like I asked them to.  It was not my finest moment and something that chokes me up to this day, 5 years later, as it still embarrasses and saddens me that I did that to the very people who were in my corner through the worst, darkest times of my life.

Not that this rises to that level, of course, but now you know a bit more   about me, anyway, for better or worse.

Are we all friends, again?  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I enjoy the music forum best because all the people who come here are sensible people and even though we sometimes post a dumb comment ( I am as bad as anyone) , we usually feel badly about it when someone is offended. I know I do. This is not alway the case on other forums.

Here are two more  reasons why jesseyeric enjoys chatting with me:

1.I say crazy things, sometimes 

2. I say sane things other times. ( You decide which are which, insane people do not know they are talking crazy).

When I use the 50% of my brain that is sane, I can be fun to talk to.

When I use the 50% of my brain that is not sane , I get carried away and make stupid jokes that people don't think are funny.

Sadly, I am human against my will. I was never given a choice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Everything is cool.    Thanks very much. 

I have said it before, and I will say it again (and again, and again ... ha ha) for as long as I am online --- I do not do well with *some* humor, with sarcasm, with some of the nuances that just go over my head.  I have run around apologizing, thinking I offended someone, when they were actually being a little sarcastic with me, and I couldn't tell.  (Right, A/V!!??)  

I am not upset, and Newman, I could not stay upset with you if I tried, b/c your avatar is hilarious!  

I have a 3D life (unfortunately, as my online life is a lot easier to maintain!), like everyone else, so what's life without a meltdown once in a while?   :)   I am actually very self-effacing.   And my humor is very self-depracating, if anything, I laugh at myself more than anyone else! 

I love you all more than anything, so can we just put this behind us?  I was raised to let the small stuff go.  I do not ever stay angry.  Well, then there's my ex ... oh, wrong forum! 

How about a thread with "make up" songs ... hey, we haven't done that yet, have we?  

PS Yes, Kar, we are friends again.  That's what my Mum always said after we'd bicker ... "friends again?"  -- the answer was always yes.  :)  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Phew!  Thanks for coming back and clearing the air, my friend.   Indeed, what is life without a meltdown now and then?  Boring, I say!  Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

jkj, Just another reason why you're one of my favorites.

I totally agree. When we write on-line whether it be here, a blog, a chatroom, e-mail, typing a letter; the tone of the voice, the twinkle in the eyes, the smirk on the face are absent & makes a huge difference at times on how things come across.

Personally, I don't like anyone so I don't care how I come across to people.

My sense of humor is dry & sarcastic. 

Okay, I like a few people.

Hugs to yogafriend.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Okay - this is supposed to be about me. Remember me - the great one. Now stop with all your silliness.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Who are you all and why do I enjoy chatting with you?:
    [QUOTE]Not that she needs any defending & I most certainly can not talk for her but I will say that yogafriend is a gentle & sensitive soul.  She is one of the kindest  people in these forums.  She does have a wonderful sense of humor & if something offended her, she handles situations with grace & class. If there is a damper put on this thread, it is not from yogafriend.  Carry on people. Today is a new day.
    Posted by Another-Veronica[/QUOTE]

And people want to know why I have daydreams about Yogi and A/V.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

man, i take one day off work and miss everything

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are you all and why do I enjoy chatting with you? : And people want to know why I have daydreams about Yogi and A/V.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Don't you remember?  A/V doesn't share.

And where's my "Y" sister? 

Cheesh, man.  You must do an awful lot of back pedaling IRL.
    Smile

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I had a daydream about Yoshimi once. She cut me in half with her Samurai.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]I had a daydream about Yoshimi once. She cut me in half with her Samurai.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

sounds symbolic...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I rather enjoyed being destroyed by Yoshi. But then I am a very strange person.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

I have to agree with ZILLAGOD about the music forum being a polite forum.  I found out several months ago that on the Celtics forum, you better be perceived as being respectful of their team or figuratively speaking, they will come after you with chainsaws and pickaxes.  You can root for another team but they are not going to put up with any trash talking.  After awhile I decided I really liked the Celtics as my second team to root for and so I have very few problems with the posters overthere.  Also, bickering between Celtic fans (only certain posters) can carry on with an amazing amount vehemence.  Then the monitors start deleting posts.  On limited occasion whole threads are deleted.  But it still is a lot of fun to post over there because many of the posters are intelligent about basketball and also because it can get a little crazy, like a soap opera.  Also it is important to say that numerous Celtic posters were compassionate towards Cleveland after Lebron James jumped ship.  I was impressed with their empathy.  Conversely, I really like posting on the music forum because the people are usually courteous and intelligent.  Or you could say creative people that are more open to different ideas.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mm, avid music and sports lovers, generally speaking, of course, are of different temperaments, I have to agree.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]Mm, avid music and sports lovers, generally speaking, of course, are of different temperaments, I have to agree.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

I love sports and music and most all entertainment in general, but I tend to lean more toward the creative side of things, including in sports. I really like the most creative athletes, those that set themselves apart by their mental approach.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Who are you all and why do I enjoy chatting with you?:
    [QUOTE]Hey Gang - just thought I would break the seriousness of the "tears falling" thread. I have really enjoyed chatting with you all and would like to know who you are. My name is Jessey and I live in NYC; born and raised in Little Italy. I am a failed Rock Star and am now some corporate/environmental knucklehead. I am middle-aged but enjoying life. Now who the f are you?
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]I can't believe I missed this thread when it got started. So my real name is fred and I live in SF CA. I'm originally from Maine, which explains why I'm a huge Sox fan. I play a couple of instruments and played in my first rock and roll band when I was 14. My screen name comes from the fact that I spent some time as a ride jock on a couple of carnivals. I've been working for UPS for the last seven years or so, and getting my music fix at the san francisco folk music club (we have had some legendary jam sessions there). I also spent some of my growing up years on the south shore of boston, where I met some of the toughest guys I've ever known. Over the course of my life I've been a lumberjack, a professional musician, a carnie, a soldier, a hobo, a busker and a manager. I'm also something of a left wing radical. I usually refer to myself as a libertarian communist. If that seems confusing, I would reccomend reading a little Emma Goldman. Anyway, that's probably more than anyone would ever want to know about carnie.

Sections
Shortcuts