Who is your favorite Boston musician and why?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bellyobeast. Show bellyobeast's posts

Re: Who is your favorite Boston musician and why?

what about Susan Tedeschi? 4 grammy nominations certainly merits a spot in the top 50.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

There are so many but in the end I have to go with Aerosmith because their first 4 albums were absolute masterpieces in blues oriented hard rock and two of the members are originally NYer's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dune17856. Show dune17856's posts

My favorite bands that came out of this area had to be Human Sexual Response and The New Models. Great music!

HSR was really unique and enjoyable and The New Models just rocked like no one else.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TMcLaughlin79. Show TMcLaughlin79's posts

Where is The Sheila Divine? And Susan Tedeschi should've been on here too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMartin08. Show BMartin08's posts

Martin Sexton... best live show's I've ever seen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbridgeo. Show sbridgeo's posts

Granted originally from Vermont, but what about Dispatch???  At the time the farewell show at the hatshell was the biggest indie show ever???

Also agree about Susan Tedeschi

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhouston1. Show mhouston1's posts

In Response to Re: Who is your favorite Boston musician and why?:
    [QUOTE]what about Susan Tedeschi? 4 grammy nominations certainly merits a spot in the top 50.
    Posted by bellyobeast[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing, but the original article was for Pop/Rock.  Which is curious because Lori McKenna is country.  Curious...

Anyway, Susan does rock the house and then some!! Holla to the South Shore!!Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I agree - it's not a good list without Susan!

Otherwise, I'm a J Geils gal, all the way.  They are hard drivin' men!  Whamma jamma! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from degagz. Show degagz's posts

What about Killswitch Engage, Tree or Gang Starr psssshhhh weak!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmontblues. Show jmontblues's posts

I agree about Susan Tedeschi, but also what about the James Montgomery Band 40 years out of Boston and still going strong

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chi-Chi. Show Chi-Chi's posts

In Response to Who is your favorite Boston musician and why?:
    [QUOTE]We asked for your favorite Boston pop act . Who did you vote for? What makes them your favorite? 
    Posted by BDCAEStaff[/QUOTE]

I picked Tom Rush. I could've picked others but I have such fond memories associated with listening/seeing Tom in concert. Obviously I'm no kid but nevertheless I'm familiar more or less with all the musicians listed. We used to help JGeils set-up at the old Tea Party and enjoyed them immensely. Aerosmith and Boston are just as legendary. But I chose Tom.
    I saw Tom at Pauls' Mall many years ago on Boylston St. on the evening of a nasty snowstorm. Crowd was small and it was like being in his living room. Tom was a very pleasant man and we enjoyed his stories and songs. His"'Circle Game" and "Urge for Going" are still listened to in my car. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vlatak. Show Vlatak's posts

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

No FACE to FACE????

Awful list without them Laurie Sargent, Angelo and Stuart Kimball all made great music

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bupkisboy. Show bupkisboy's posts

Big Screamin' McGrew. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Gotta go with the J. Geils Band every time....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

For that rare combination of rock roots and whimsy, I don't think you can do better than Jonathan Richman.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Boston and Aerosmith. Boston due to a few of their songs .... Don't Look Back, A Man I'll Never Be,  Foreplay/Long Time, More Than A Feeling, and Amanda.

Aerosmith. If you like hard rock, you probably liked this band. Their "Toys In The Attic" album was great.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradyfan1972. Show Bradyfan1972's posts

Why do you have hardcore Rock bands listed with pop garbage? Seriously people, Aerosmith and Dropkick Murphys aren't a "pop act." The person who came up with this list is a moron!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from miloblankenstern. Show miloblankenstern's posts

I went with the Cars.  I think they put the most into pop music during their run, a lot of great tunes.

Boston was a close second with that really great first album.  After that, their output just trickled down like Reagonomics.

The Pixies were awesome too, and popular but not exactly a "pop act".

Aerosmith?  Well, they rock better without the horn section they now use all the time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fierte. Show Fierte's posts

Dispatch aka State Radio.
    They held the largest indi concert at the Hatch and are huge without the music industrial complex. They are the most world aware and actually do community service (Calling All Crows) at each stop on their travels. They and their music are real; not a fascade.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from roninent1. Show roninent1's posts

This list su*ks.

Where are The Fools, Jon Butcher Axis and Farrenheit?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Who is your favorite Boston musician and why?:
    [QUOTE]I agree - it's not a good list without Susan! Otherwise, I'm a J Geils gal, all the way.  They are hard drivin' men!  Whamma jamma! 
    Posted by cosmogirl[/QUOTE]

They would be #2 for me followed closely by the Cars.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmcewenjr. Show wmcewenjr's posts

The Cars, their first LP was all gold, Candy O, and Heartbeat City. Drive,Bye Bye Love what songs, 

As for J. Giles, and Aerosmith,  J. Giles and  Aerosmith get a lot of support, and they put out some great stuff and some good stuff but quantity does not always mean quality and for the limited amount of records they put out The Cars were all quality.

And yes where is Jon Butcher Axis? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Robo84. Show Robo84's posts

Aerosmith has been the most successful... but personnally I think the Cars are the best Boston band. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

Another "where the f... is James Montgomery"?  But my vote will always be with Burma.  Although the Modern Lovers first album is probably the most associated with Boston of any music this side of Arthur Feidler.

Til Tuesday?  Really?!?!?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

Would like to have seen The Neats on the list too.  Another in a long line of flameouts that could have been should have been.

Sections
Shortcuts