Who's your Fufkin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Who's your Fufkin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv5FwzRBc_Y

I think mine is the Spits. Didn't know them at all, saw them one night, totally kicked my Artie Fufkin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: Who's your Fufkin?

Just found a clip of the aforementioned gig.  Go to about the 5-minute mark if you care.

If you want to go to a gig....it's got to be Spain.  To me - and I'm in the majority of those I know - .....by far!!....the epicentre of rock'n'roll is Spain.  By far. Not because Spanish bands are the best (though there are many that are great)..but because of the culture of Spain encourages fellowship, and family, and passion....then add beer and rock'n'roll.

Are you among the 20% of us Yanks that have a passport?  Possibly.  Like fun?  Probably.  Trust me?  Hell no.  Crave Hell?  There you go.....book tickets now.....sells out fast every year.  Only band announced so far is Teengenerate.  I'd happily fly to Benidorm just to see them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

Just found a clip of the aforementioned gig.  Go to about the 5-minute mark if you care.

If you want to go to a gig....it's got to be Spain.  To me - and I'm in the majority of those I know - .....by far!!....the epicentre of rock'n'roll is Spain.  By far. Not because Spanish bands are the best (though there are many that are great)..but because of the culture of Spain encourages fellowship, and family, and passion....then add beer and rock'n'roll.

Are you among the 20% of us Yanks that have a passport?  Possibly.  Like fun?  Probably.  Trust me?  Hell no.  Crave Hell?  There you go.....book tickets now.....sells out fast every year.  Only band announced so far is Teengenerate.  I'd happily fly to Benidorm just to see them.

The only reason I know anything about Spain's popularity and RnR energy is because I used to post on a board that had an international group of posters (now *that* is fun and eye opening).    Many were from the UK, and some were expats living in Spain or Italy (as well as many other parts of the world outside the USA).   Bottom line: they all said what you have said above.   One guy talked about the music festival he went to every year in Spain and others in general were just wild about all things Spanish.  Italy was very popular among them, too, but for other reasons.   I was so intrigued by the conversations we had.  

RE: the all-encompassing cultural experience of being in Spain, I think that at times, as much as I love and appreciate living in the US,  we are lacking in that aspect of daily living.   And don't get me started on what prudes we are in comparison.   

The board had a "water cooler" type forum where we'd discuss music and all manner of other topics.    I only left that board b/c the cast of characters changed (not for the better) and it was consuming too much of my time.   Funny, but after completely staying off that board for close to a year, I chanced upon it last night.   Maybe I'll go back and see if they've had any interesting music threads.   

(loved the Fufkin video in first comment box, BTW -- howling)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

yoga, everyone....come to Benidorm in October for the legendary Funtastic Dracula Festival.  (terrible name, but it's a Spanish thing).  I'm going with the usual 20 or so suspects from London and you'd be more than welcome.  I guarantee you'd love the atmosphere....totally fun, crazy and hilarious.  You would never forget it....and return every year.

Sections
Shortcuts