Woodstock thread extension. Name your favorite songs from the Psychedlic 60's.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Woodstock thread extension. Name your favorite songs from the Psychedlic 60's.

I'll let someone else begin. Name your favorite songs from the Woodstock festival, various other Psychedlic bands of the late 60s, including Beatles  and Stones songs that reflected the times.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Woodstock thread extension. Name your favorite songs from the Psychedlic 60's.

Some of my favorites from the Woodstock concert:

Going Up the Country - Canned Heat

Soul Sacrifice - Santana

See Me, Feel Me - The Who

Star Spangled Banner - Jimi

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Woodstock thread extension. Name your favorite songs from the Psychedlic 60's.

Nice list Hfx! Here's a couple  that I like:

Are you experienced - Jimi Hendrix (Not necessarily stoned,but beautiful)

Journey to the Center of the mind - Amboy Dukes (Featuring Ted Nugent) 

2000 Light Years from home  -  Rolling Stones

http://vimeo.com/12246813

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

When I touch you - Spirit

Thats it for the other one - Grateful Dead

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Incense and Peppermints- Strawberry Alarm Clock

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night- Electric Prunes

Just Dropped In (to see what condition my condition was in)- First Edition (featuring Kenny Rogers....believe it or not).

Across The Universe- Beatles

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida- Iron Butterfly

Ohio- CSNY

3/5s Of A Mile In Ten Seconds- Jefferson Airplane

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds-Beatles

Crosstown Traffic- Jimi Hendrix

White Room- Cream

"Here we are trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.- Kurt Vonnegut

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Dear Mr. Fantasy - Traffic

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

A Day in the Life - Beatles

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

She's A Rainbow - Stones

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Monster - Steppenwolf

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Incense and Peppermints- Strawberry Alarm Clock

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night- Electric Prunes

Just Dropped In (to see what condition my condition was in)- First Edition (featuring Kenny Rogers....believe it or not).

Across The Universe- Beatles

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida- Iron Butterfly

Ohio- CSNY

3/5s Of A Mile In Ten Seconds- Jefferson Airplane

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds-Beatles

Crosstown Traffic- Jimi Hendrix

White Room- Cream

"Here we are trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.- Kurt Vonnegut

Nice list.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

"Time of the Season" -- The Zombies

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The first song that popped into my head when I saw this thread was Pictures of Matchstick Men, which I believe was performed by something called Status Quo (although I wouldn't be a bit surprised if I was wrong about that).

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

The first song that popped into my head when I saw this thread was Pictures of Matchstick Men, which I believe was performed by something called Status Quo (although I wouldn't be a bit surprised if I was wrong about that).

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

Status Quo is correct. These guys went on to have a very lengthy career. Very popular in England, couldn't score another hit stateside. The Rock world really was starting to explode with an abundance of bands by the early 70s. Many real good ones got lost in the shuffle becuase they couldn't get airplay in the U.S. Status Quo, Slade, The Pretty Things , Uriah Heep , King Crimson and many others sold albums around the world but were almost invisible on the playlists on AM or FM radio at the time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Here are a few more:

Down On Me - Janis Joplin ( didn't perform this one at Woodstock, though)

I-Feel-Like--I'm- Fixing-To -Die- Rag - ---Country Joe and The Fish

Wooden Ships- CSNY

Coming In To Los Angeles- Arlo Guthrie

Magic Carpet Ride- Steppenwolf

The Pusher- Steppenwolf

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

A Question of Temperature - Balloon Farm

Check it out on Youtube - it's a classic.  A guitar riff worthy of the Yardbirds at their best.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Itchy-koo Park - Small Faces

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Time Has Come Today - Chambers Brothers

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Shapes of Things - Yardbirds

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Kicks - Paul Revere and the Raiders

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Nice way to get your POSTS # up Hf, wish I'd have thought of it. I could be at 20,000 by now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Nice way to get your POSTS # up Hf, wish I'd have thought of it. I could be at 20,000 by now.

LOL.  Just me being weird.  Sometimes I can't decide how many to put in one post.  So I did it one post at a time so I wouldn't have to think about it.

I love the Vonnegut quote about the amber of the moment - is that from Slaughterhouse-5?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

"Shape of Things to Come" - Max Frost & The Troopers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81omUtV4nfo

"Hold it fellows, that don't move me. Let's get real, real gone for a change."

-Elvis Presley

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Timothy Leary -  How to operate your brain :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQq_XmhBTgg

"When this you see, remember me, and bear me in your mind. Let all the world say what they may,speak of me as you find."   - Brian Jones epitaph 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Donovan is one of my favorite artists from the flower children / psychedelic era, with some of these signature songs:

Mellow Yellow
    Atlantis
    Season of the Witch
    Catch the Wind
    and 
    Sunshine Superman 

I never make the same mistake twice.  I make it five or six times, just to be sure.  

Sections
Shortcuts