Worst cover song of all time

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Worst cover song of all time

Here's a link to listen to the Rod Stewart cover of Pinball Wizard.I would wait at least 20 minutes after eating to listen to it.Actually,Rod was offered the part of the Pinball Wizard in the movie version,but after consulting with Elton John (who told Rod he should stay as far away from it as possible) he passed on it.We know what happened after that.
    This is from the "Play it again Rod"album.

http://www.whosampled.com/cover/view/42648/Rod%20Stewart-Pinball%20Wizard_The%20Who-Pinball%20Wizard/

Also,I understand about you liking the Devo version of Satisfaction.A lot of people do,I'm just not one of them.The same goes with Jose Feliciano's version of Light my fire.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: Worst cover song of all time:
    [QUOTE]Wow. I couldn't finish it, what I heard was amazingly bad. Can't blame it all on Rod, the arrangement was hysterical.  I don't know how any vocalist could make that work.  The wise move would have been to just say no, especially someone who could afford to say no.  When that Choir leaped in I actually burst out laughing. That was so bad I might  have to go back for another listen!
    Posted by SlimPickensIII[/QUOTE]

It's like a musical car accident,and it doesn't get any better towards the end of the song.It may even be a little worse if that's possible.
      I remember buying the 8-track of this album when it first came out and it just blew me away how bad it really was.But the ironic part is that the name of the album is "Sing it again Rod".Pinball Wizard is the one song that I would say "Don't sing it again Rod".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Here's a link to listen to the Rod Stewart cover of Pinball Wizard.I would wait at least 20 minutes after eating to listen to it.Actually,Rod was offered the part of the Pinball Wizard in the movie version,but after consulting with Elton John (who told Rod he should stay as far away from it as possible) he passed on it.We know what happened after that. This is from the "Play it again Rod"album.    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

The horror...the horror.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Speaking of covers, this is hilarious ... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/17/cookie-monster-covers-tom-waits_n_929539.html
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]
    Gotta love the muppets! I love their Bohemian Rhapsody cover,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbNymZ7vqY

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Fiona Apple recorded Across the Universe for a movie soundtrack - forget which movie - wish I could forget her version as well.

Pat Boone

This was so bad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]Fiona Apple recorded Across the Universe for a movie soundtrack - forget which movie - wish I could forget her version as well. Pat Boone   This was so bad.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]
    Was this the album Pat Boone tried to do Heavy Metal?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Worst cover song of all time : Was this the album Pat Boone tried to do Heavy Metal?
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]I think it was.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Worst cover song of all time : Was this the album Pat Boone tried to do Heavy Metal?
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

It is and it is that bad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardenGordonBorden. Show WardenGordonBorden's posts

Pat Boone: Tutti Fruitti. Judge for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv-LAbMbEn4at

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]You Can't Hurry Love by Phil Collins (or anything by Phil Collins other than "In the Air Tonight")
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Actually, that's one of the few Phil Collins songs that I don't mind.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I generally like Guns n' Roses, but their version of "Knocking on Heaven's Door" is just plain awful.

Can I count Eric Clapton's unplugged version of "Layla?"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]I generally like Guns n' Roses, but their version of "Knocking on Heaven's Door" is just plain awful. Can I count Eric Clapton's unplugged version of "Layla?"
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

I think GnR version is absolutely amazing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTECan I count Eric Clapton's unplugged version of "Layla?"
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]I actually liked that version better than the original, Duane Allman notwithstanding.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AGUY1. Show AGUY1's posts

This could go down in history as one of the worst covers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj7pDNDuoJ0

If the link don't work just look up "worst pink floyd cover" on you tube.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

I don't think it was one of the worst cover songs but the Beatles version of Shout was not that good.  Aside from that, I really like most of the Beatles songs.