Worst song of all time

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyfan27. Show hockeyfan27's posts

Worst song of all time

``Musrat Love'' by the Captain and Tennille. Worst ever!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chang13. Show chang13's posts

Worst song of all time

My vote goes to "You Light up My Life" by Debbie Boone.

Just can not take that song.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Worst song of all time

[Quote]
    Must say, tho, I'm amazed that anyone could hate Werewolves of London.[/Quote]

That one kind of surprised me , too.

Warren Zevon was a really different kind of guy, I miss him so much. His songs had a kind of strange sense of humor attached , that very few have been able to match, except maybe Stan Ridgway and occasionally Elvis Costello.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SweetScarlette. Show SweetScarlette's posts

Worst song of all time

Just about any Country Western song is like nails scraping a blackboard. ("Jolene" is an exception.) And what's with the silly cowboy hats? None of these guys have ever rounded up a steer. A bogus genre.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anicable. Show Anicable's posts

Worst song of all time

AHEM, People...wake up! It said "the WORST song of all time, " which means just that....NOT just a song you personally disliked immensely. Some of you I agree, noted songs that were not great...but the WORST? "MacArthur Park" was great if you understood it...which the critique of that had NO CLUE...also, not just because he's ill, but "She's like the Wind" made me want to hear MORE songs from it's singer/(actor) ! Where ARE your hearts and imaginations????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from twenty1twelve. Show twenty1twelve's posts

Worst song of all time

Dominick the Christmas Donkey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattKaz. Show MattKaz's posts

Worst song of all time

Pretty much anything by Jimmy Buffet...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tedlicious. Show tedlicious's posts

Worst song of all time

Little Red Corvette

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JacqueStrappe. Show JacqueStrappe's posts

Worst song of all time

[Quote]Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani -- what is this song about, anyway?

She's Like the Wind by Patrick Swayze
    [/Quote]

"Holla Back Girl" tops my Least Favorite List also. It's not a song, just a bunch of sounds mixed together. It disgusts me how popular this garbage is. Anything from Missy Elliot or a whiny male vocalist (Chris Brown, Justin Timberlake)is a close second

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from engfant. Show engfant's posts

Worst song of all time

seether by Veruca Salt

WORST BAND EVER

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nootch. Show nootch's posts

Worst song of all time

I am still a firm believer that "Dancing Queen" is THE worst song ever!!! There is no convincing me otherwise.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dextermyman. Show dextermyman's posts

Worst song of all time

Love Shack.

Or anything by Gary Puckett.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from czechschilling. Show czechschilling's posts

Worst song of all time

I can't believe that there are a few people who consider Neil Young the worst musical artist of all time. For more than 40 years, Neil Young has produced great music in many styles.
    How about "Silly Love Songs" by Paul McCartney, "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion, "These Boots Are Made for Walking" by Nancy Sinatra, anything by the Patridge Family, anything by David Hasslehoff, as candidates for Worst Song of All Time?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: Worst song of all time

This thread proves one thing to me. Music is a matter of taste. I can't pick a worst song of all time. There really are no songs I hate, but there are many that don't appeal to me. If just one person likes a song for whatever reason I have to say that it is worth something. I happen to get a kick out of "The Men In My Little Girl's Life" by Mike Douglas. I could easily bash it and call it the worst song of all time. But I have a twisted sense of humor that allows me to enjoy things that I otherwise find corny or silly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Worst song of all time:
    Of all time? or recently? How about... (and I am dating myself here!!) Billy Don't be a Hero or Run Joey Run or "Hero" by enrique inglesias, but only (imho) think he did it to capitalize on the "hero" crap that was going around right after 9/11 Wildfire Little Willy (heard that on MIKE the other AM and couldn't get it out of my head... a bunch of cheesy 70's songs, but the worst! Thank you, Mike FM for these!
    Posted by LeasyllLeasyII

Little Willy by Sweet is a great song. Another band that didn't get the recognition is should of gotten.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

songs that are terrible Starship - we built this city on rock and roll ugh!!! Beyonce - At Last(Etta James you are not no matter what jayz says) Shakira - anything she sings. She's tha charo of this generation coochie coochie coo Puff Daddy,P Diddy, Diddy, whatever the hell he's calling himself - the song from Godzilla. A. he got Jimmy Page to sell out B. He should stick to singing about Biggy. At least he had one decent song with that one. All 80's Hair bands not named Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Guns n Roses or ACDC - Please stop making albums. 1988 called and said stop embarrasing yourselves. Natalie Merchant - Carnival(Nat beg the maniacs to take you back. Please!) Jamie Foxx - If SNL ain't making fun of your music it isn't even laughable and it's not good. Please stop, pick up a mic and do a comedy album instead. Fastball - Allstar. Hey now you really s*ck bad, this song is so sad, no no. Tubthumping - I get knocked down, now please stay down. Radiohead - Creep(nuff said)
    Posted by Dfury13

Please do not put Bon Jovi in the same sentence with DL or GnR. Bon Jovi are the Backstreet Boys with guitars. They were and are the worst of the 80's after Europe and Nelson.

Worst song - HORSES - by Patti Smith

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rondavidson. Show rondavidson's posts

"Low Rider"? "Werewolves of London"? Oh man, they don't belong on ANY worst songs list!
    Posted by Jim-r

I don't know what that person was thinking--- What about"Total eclipse of The Heart" by Bonnie Tyler?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Worst song of all time:
    In Response to Worst song of all time : I don't know what that person was thinking--- What about"Total eclipse of The Heart" by Bonnie Tyler?
    Posted by rondavidson

Hellaciously funny cheesy video for that song though...'Turn around, bright eyes'

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The literal translation of Total Eclipse of the Heart is pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2O91T6ZeW0

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from beatles4eva. Show beatles4eva's posts

WE BUILT THIS CITY

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnStephenDwyer. Show JohnStephenDwyer's posts

Cheeseburger in Hell

Excluding those songs which never became popular, and those popular songs that are so generic that I never learned their names, "Cheeseburger in Paradise" by Jimmy Buffet comes unpleasantly to mind.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

Sweet Caroline.. just dreadful..especailly when everyone has to sing along..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Worst song of all time:
    [QUOTE]Sweet Caroline.. just dreadful..especailly when everyone has to sing along..
    Posted by leafswin27[/QUOTE]

I never hated Sweet Caroline until the Red Sox usurped it and made a laughingstock of their once-proud fandom.

Sections
Shortcuts