Worst song of all time

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoanValdez. Show JoanValdez's posts

Worst song of all time

You know what song SUCKS? "American Pie" by Don McLean. I love how all the drunkards in the bar hug each other and sing along at last call.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCure. Show TheCure's posts

Worst song of all time

"Don't Worry Be Happy" by Bobby McFerrin. Just the thought behind the song is painful.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framingfan. Show framingfan's posts

Worst song of all time

"She's having my baby"....what a lovely way to say ....I love you....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dingi. Show Dingi's posts

Worst song of all time

Maria Muldaur's "Midnight at the Oasis" though much of the music out of the mid/late '70's left a lot to be desired.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bikel. Show bikel's posts

Worst song of all time

Any and all disco. All Elton John songs regarding dead blondes, (princess diane, marilyn monroe, etc), "afternoon delight", "do you like pina coladas", "hey there delila", john denver, neil diamond, barry manilow, baba streisand, the beejees, and all other weenie, soul-less, wimpy junk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bikel. Show bikel's posts

Worst song of all time

[Quote]I have always hated to hear the song "Smooth Operator" by Sade. Idon't know what it is with that song, but I really cannot standit. I cannot change the station fast enough.
    [/Quote]

Absolutely..how about this dopey lyric..

"coast to coast LA to CHICAGO.."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYerInBalto. Show NYerInBalto's posts

Worst song of all time

That song that starts with "Some people call me Maurice"
    Uugh

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dlrealife. Show Dlrealife's posts

Worst song of all time

Raindrops keep falling on my head

yuk!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimFromSouthie. Show TimFromSouthie's posts

Worst song of all time

"Miracles" by Jefferson Starship.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Worst song of all time

Anything by Cold Play. I can't stand those no talent hacks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JOEMAC22. Show JOEMAC22's posts

Worst song of all time

Jefferson Starship - We built this city on r&r.
    How about we built this band on left over pieces of
    crap.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomSinMA. Show TomSinMA's posts

Worst song of all time

The all time WORST song has GOT to be:

Turn Me Loose by Fabian (Forte)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy-Susan. Show Missy-Susan's posts

Worst song of all time

Wow!

Thirty-three pages of comments. Most of the people or groups mentioned, I've never head of.

Any of the comments where the writer mentioned, "anything by ....," really didn 't answer the question. That person didn't like the person or group that they mentioned.

It so very hard to pick just one of anything. That's why, I guess, there's always a, "close second."

This is ironic, I'm listening to Ron Della Chiesa's, "Music America." Nat King Cole Trio, Lady Day, A duet with Frank Sinatra and Jimmy Durante (The Little Giant.), Oscar Peterson, et cetera.

I still have my 78's, as well as my 45's, 33's, et cetera. I like music. .... Last Summer, I was talking with Duke Ellington's youngest grandson at the Blue Note Jazz Club on 3rd Street in, "The Village." I've also talked with the Erocia Trio in Providence, R.I. We not only talked about music but our children, too. Doesn't every girl carry a, "brag book."

I'm sorry, I've digressed, "off topic."

My, worst song candidate is a Christmas song. Did it sell a lot of records, (or whatever) yes. Is it still played? Absolutely. A lot of people still like it.

(Oh, be still my heart, Tony Bennett's, "Stranger In Paradise," just came on.)

My choice for the worst song is, "Feliz Navidad." I think there's only 6 or 8 words in the entire lyrics. The voice is somewhat irritating, although I've always confused that fella with Brenda Lee. The music composition isn't much more of an accomplishment.

MY challenge would be to offer a question, what is your favorite movie, piece of music, et cetera. It would be to a point ... (Bobby Darin is on ...what a shame that he died way too young. He's singing a Sinatra song, "Hello Young Lovers." ) ...where if you wanted to watch a movie or listen ... (oops Mood Indigo is on.) to a song it would be that one item or nothing else. No runner-ups.

As Duke Ellington said, "There's only two types of music. Good music and bad music." Just because you don't appreciate one type of music doesn't mean it's bad.

By the way, I, "love," Christmas music.

("Memories Of You," is now on. This version by Benny Goodman. No one's clarinet work is as good a Goodman's.) Lionel Hampton on the vibes, Teddy Wilson on piano, Gene Krupa on drums.

I'm sorry for carrying on so. I just love music as much as I love my high heels.

Missy Susan Pauline

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy-Susan. Show Missy-Susan's posts

Worst song of all time

[Quote]Wow! Can't believe this thread is still going strong...I was on it when I was BayVillage girl...now...welll, I'm UnEmployedGirl

From the 1970's ...Debby Boone singing .."You Light Up My Life" and jumping right into the present, any song that spells like "A to the B and C to the D" DUMB...D to the U to the M to the B....dumb!!![/Quote]

I agree with you Miss Revere Beach Girl, it is a very easy, "ear-worm." The effect on me is the same as Jaye P. Morgan's, "The Day That The Rains Came Down." To me it was just over played. However, I'll still say with my selection.

Missy Susan

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxfanKK. Show SoxfanKK's posts

Worst song of all time

It's a tough choice between "Lady in Red", "The Macarena" and anything sung by Celine Dion

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from metalmama. Show metalmama's posts

Worst song of all time

What about Karma Chameleon? Boy George definitely has the worst look ever to go with the song.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Worst song of all time

[Quote]
    What about Karma Chameleon? Boy George definitely has the worst look ever to go with the song.
    [/Quote]

Well, it's not like Marylin Manson tries real hard to look good, either.

But we are not talking "looks" here.

Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones willl never be mistaken for male models, but the music was great.

I am not so sure "karma chamleon" was Boy George's worst song, because they all were pretty bad.

I can close my eyes and not look at the guy(girl?) , and the music was mostly dreadful. But I think I would listen to it before any of the late '70's disco junk like Village People, Donna Summer, the Bee Gees and all those other annoyingly stupid disco songs of that era.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LobstahBob. Show LobstahBob's posts

Worst song of all time

That song "Paper Planes" by M.I.A. makes me want to drive my car into a wall everytime I hear it!

...and they play it on a decent station like WFNX. ?????

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Worst song of all time

Feliz Navidad is an awesome song.

My vote for worst song of all time would by anything by Missy-Susan and the Name Droppers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bikel. Show bikel's posts

Worst song of all time

Rap is not music. Disco sucked. Most "pop" music and soft rock stinks.

Particularly crappy standouts include Rod Stewart, Elton john, billy joel, sheryl crowe, coldplay, anything on mix radio...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from brownidgirl210. Show brownidgirl210's posts

Worst song of all time

Mmm Bop by Hanson. Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm by Crash Test Dummies. If I were a Rich Girl by Gwen Stefani. Jesus Take the Wheel by generic blonde american idol.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from engfant. Show engfant's posts

Worst song of all time

Oh man this is a thread of some HORRIBLE music BUT I have to say that FERGIE might just be the ABSOLUTE WORST OF THE WORST on the very idea that she's had her chance to HEAR THESE PAST MESSES TO AVOID SUCKING OUT LOUD.

Even "The Macarena" is GENIUS compared to this broad. If your singing style is a cross between Biggie Smalls at an all you can drink mayonnaise buffet and SUCK and you are a WOMAN then you need to think about a different career...prostitution for example.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lyndeyb. Show lyndeyb's posts

Worst song of all time

Seasons in the Sun.

what a load of crap.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpc1030. Show bpc1030's posts

Worst song of all time

OK I have it.....Running Bear Loved Little White Dove....The absolute worst song ever you feel embarrassed for the singer it's so bad...and whoever is beating those drums.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Worst song of all time

[Quote]Seasons in the Sun.

what a load of crap.[/Quote]

You are most likely referring to the original by Terry Jacks.

The 90's punk rockers "Too Much Joy" did a cover version that really rocks... if you ever heard it you will gain a whole new appreciation for this song. Sort of like what Sonic Youth did for the Carpenters song " Superstar". The Youth's version adds a very eery,haunting sound that just gives the song a whole new creepy feel.