Your Best/Favorite Beatles song

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Your Best/Favorite Beatles song

Since the negative Beatles song discussion was started, nuke plants have broken down in Japan, glue factories have exploded in Mass, and a crackdown of liberty in Libya has turned violent. (Coincidence, or bad karma?)

In an attempt to make all well in the world list your favorite Beatles song.  As a band or as a solo artist, it doesn't matter.

Day In The Life

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

Re: Your Best/Favorite Beatles song

In Response to Your Best/Favorite Beatles song:
    [QUOTE]Since the negative Beatles song discussion was started, nuke plants have broken down in Japan, glue factories have exploded in Mass, and a crackdown of liberty in Libya has turned violent. (Coincidence, or bad karma?) In an attempt to make all well in the world list your favorite Beatles song.  As a band or as a solo artist, it doesn't matter.   Day In The Life
    Posted by jkjband[/QUOTE]

I'll start.  In My Life....

(ETA: followed closely by Strawberry Fields Forever) 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Some Other Guy

Paperback  Writer

Here Come's The Sun

Side Two Of Abbey Road

Too hard to pick one!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Wow...really difficult to narrow it down to one.  Since nobody else mentioned it yet I'll claim Hey Jude.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

i am the walrus

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

In Response to Re: Your Best/Favorite Beatles song:
    [QUOTE]i am the walrus
    Posted by phsmith8[/QUOTE]

goo goo g'joob

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Way too many. I do think we touched on this subject about a year ago. I cannot honestly name one song. There are so many but I will try:

Strawberry Fields Forever - If that song doesn't take you to another place, I do not know what will.

I'm Only Sleeping - To me, this is the beginning of Alternative music

Across The Universe - This is what it would sound like if you were actually traveling the universe

Baby You're a Rich Man - I just love this song. When I first heard this song, I made up my mind at an age when you don't even know about such things that I would do everything I can never to be sad for an extended period of time. I wanted to know How it feels to be one of the Beautiful People.

I Am The Walrus - Are you kidding me? How does one even come up with this song?

I Feel Fine - A perfect, simple pop song

Helter Skelter - Pure noise at its finest

Something - A perfect love song

Hide Your Love Away - A perfect broken heart song.

Penny Lane - Amazing British song.

Already mentioned - A Day In A Life and In My Life

And although it is not a song, the medley on Abbey Road is musical genius although I believe George Martin needs to get a lot of credit for this. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

in high school i was in major league unreal tournament (online league for an amazing first person multiplayer shooter) and my name was walrus...i didnt know until a year or two later that everyone assumed i was morbidly obese.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from schmangell. Show schmangell's posts

Hey Bulldog!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Schmangell - that would be on my list also if I actually made a full list.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

One of my favorites is a song that means a lot to me and doesn't seem to get much attention. "There's a Place" takes me to a place, (and it's my mind), and temporarily transports me away from all the troubles in my life and in the world. Right from the start it was all there, the great harmonies, the intelligent lyrics, the deep emotion. The Beatles did it all from the word go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Without thinking about it too much, probably I've Got a Feeling.

But really, it's impossible to say.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]Without thinking about it too much, probably I've Got a Feeling . But really, it's impossible to say.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

everybody had a wet dream

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

A few no one else has mentioned (how can you ask for just one?):

*And I Love Her* 
    Here Comes the Sun
    This Boy
    I Need You
    I'm Looking Through You
       **Blackbird - for sentimental reasons
    Remember: Innocent until proven guilty.  Hope I have not offended anyone with these choices ... (nervous, nervous ...)  :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]A few no one else has mentioned (how can you ask for just one?): *And I Love Her*  Here Comes the Sun This Boy I Need You Blackbird I'm Looking Through You Remember: Innocent until proven guilty.  Hope I have not offended anyone with these choices ... (nervous, nervous ...)   :)
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

i feel like you can tell a lot about a personsonality by what they pick in this and *your* other beatles thread...hopeless romantic? you have all the stages of a relationship mapped out in those songs you picked :)

methinks you need to get super high and play SFF on repeat

i also submit "i want you (she's so heavy)"

one of (if not) the first "modern" rock breakdown(s). i love me some breakdowns.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Blackbird is one of my favorite McCartney songs of all time. I'm Looking Through You was my first favorite song ever. Well actually it was tied with Run For Your Life from the same album; Rubber Soul.

Another song which I believe was on Meet The Beatles but is amazing is "Not A Second Time". Also loved Don't Bother Me - I believe this was Harrison's first song. Just imagine - these songs were recorded and released in 1963 (48 years ago).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]Blackbird is one of my favorite McCartney songs of all time. I'm Looking Through You was my first favorite song ever. Well actually it was tied with Run For Your Life from the same album; Rubber Soul. Another song which I believe was on Meet The Beatles but is amazing is " Not A Second Time ". Also loved Don't Bother Me - I believe this was Harrison's first song. Just imagine - these songs were recorded and released in 1963 (48 years ago).
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

an interesting tidbit i read recently in an extremely detailed paul biography is that he wrote blackbird about the civil rights movement...i thought that was interesting.  also, run from your life is one of my favs, along with i'm only sleeping.

you know that i'm a wicked guy and i was born with a jealous mind ;)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your Best/Favorite Beatles song : i feel like you can tell a lot about a personsonality by what they pick in this and *your* other beatles thread...hopeless romantic? you have all the stages of a relationship mapped out in those songs you picked :) methinks you need to get super high and play SFF on repeat i also submit "i want you (she's so heavy)" one of (if not) the first "modern" rock breakdown(s). i love me some breakdowns.
    Posted by phsmith8[/QUOTE]
    listen, punk. :)
    *MY* thread was something JOHN would have done. 
    This thread is something PAUL would have done (or can do, since he's still alive).

And I never said that SFF doesn't have incredible lyrics. mmmmm  And for all you know, I put SFF on my list just to get jessey back in here, since he's been ignoring the music forum for weeks. 
    And I succeeded.  Laughing   Now, let's move on.  ha ha.
    PS I am NOT, I repeat, I am NOT a hopeless romantic. Now you stop that analysis right now.   Do you hear me?  :)
    Note: "I'm Looking Through You" is a very cynical song, IMHO, and says what it has to say in this really sweet way, which is very deceptive to the depth of the song.     And last edit here: Yes, you noticed that my list was like going through a relationship, you're very observant.  Cheesh.  You're even worse than I am when it comes to nothing getting past you. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your Best/Favorite Beatles song : listen, punk. *MY* thread was something JOHN would have done.   This thread is something PAUL would have done (or can do, since he's still alive). And I never said that SFF doesn't have incredible lyrics. mmmmm  And for all you know, I put SFF on my list just to get jessey back in here, since he's been ignoring the music forum for weeks.  And I succeeded.     Now, let's move on.  ha ha. PS I am NOT, I repeat, I am NOT a hopeless romantic. Now you stop that analysis right now.   Do you hear me?  :) Note: "I'm Looking Through You" is a very cynical song, IMHO, and says what it has to say in this really sweet way, which is very deceptive to the depth of the song.  Last edit here: Yes, you noticed that my list was like going through a relationship, you're very observant.  Cheesh.  You're even worse than I am when it comes to nothing getting past you. 

i am learning... Wink

count it!

edit: i was searching for the word cynical in my mind to add to my hopeless romantic assessment...he supposedly wrote ILTY about jane asher towards the end of their relationship...and he is DEFINITELY a hopeless romantic. but that doesn't mean you are, of course! Innocent i stand by my stages of a relationship comment though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Without thinking about it too much, probably I've Got a Feeling . But really, it's impossible to say.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

McCartney did that song when I saw him here in 2009, and it was a highlight of the show.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

That is exactly what Blackbird was about. Beatles Mgmt. did not want the Beatles to upset the world so they were asked to somewhat tone down certain political songs. John fought this idea but Paul did not.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

idk, i always liked you wont see me and rocky raccoon (such a cool song to sing along to)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]A few no one else has mentioned (how can you ask for just one?): *And I Love Her*  Here Comes the Sun This Boy I Need You Blackbird I'm Looking Through You Remember: Innocent until proven guilty.  Hope I have not offended anyone with these choices ... (nervous, nervous ...)   :)

Nice choices. But you can't go too wrong with the Beatles. The only one I differ with you and others on is Blackbird. Not a bad song, but not one of my favorites. Agree with you and Jess on I'm Looking Through You".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]Blackbird is one of my favorite McCartney songs of all time. I'm Looking Through You was my first favorite song ever. Well actually it was tied with Run For Your Life from the same album; Rubber Soul. Another song which I believe was on Meet The Beatles but is amazing is " Not A Second Time ". Also loved Don't Bother Me - I believe this was Harrison's first song. Just imagine - these songs were recorded and released in 1963 (48 years ago).
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

George wrote some great songs. Don't Bother Me is one of my faves too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

"Turn off your mind, relax
    and float down stream"

tomorrow never knows