Your Jeopardy! Moment

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Your Jeopardy! Moment

Consider the rock music category wish list for your game.  

If you had a major stroke of luck, what bands / rock artists would you want to see as categories?   What band categories would you feel confident you could nail?

Maybe one, maybe two or more?   Don't be modest.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: Your Jeopardy! Moment

Graham Parker

Elvis Costello

Nick Lowe

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I'm an avid Jeopardy fan.I went to a taping of the show when Art Fleming was the host and they taped it in New York around 1972 or 73.Now,I have my DVR set to tape every episode of Jeopardy in case I'm out or too busy to watch it.

I'm the guy who sits in front of the TV and yells out the answer if I know it,even if I'm alone.As far as musical categories go,"Classic Rock trivia","Rolling Stones"and"1 hit wonders"would probably be my best subjects.I believe I'd do pretty well in most musical catergories with the exception of Opera and Ballet against most of the other contestants. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm an avid Jeopardy fan.I went to a taping of the show when Art Fleming was the host and they taped it in New York around 1972 or 73.Now,I have my DVR set to tape every episode of Jeopardy in case I'm out or too busy to watch it.

I'm the guy who sits in front of the TV and yells out the answer if I know it,even if I'm alone.As far as musical categories go,"Classic Rock trivia","Rolling Stones"and"1 hit wonders"would probably be my best subjects.I believe I'd do pretty well in most musical catergories with the exception of Opera and Ballet against most of the other contestants. 

[/QUOTE]

I love Jeopardy too. Art Fleming was the perfect host.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

They once had a category , Rock Guitarists....and being pretty knowledgable on this subject , I was expecting something a little different ( like, I was expecting Lead guitarists or maybe the greatest guitarists. One of the answers ( or questions) was "Who is Bruce Springsteen?"  This absolutley killed me, because now every potential answer was just any rocker who plays a guitar. Staggereing amount of possibilities.

I would refer to Springsteen as a SINGER, SONGWRITER , SUPERSTAR, FAMOUS ROCKER or any number of other things. But, I wouldn't put Springsteen as a ROCK GUITARIST, even though technically this is not wrong, Springsteen is not known strictly or primarily for his guitar playing.

But, rather than list a bunch of nonsense , I would say that I could do well on Jeopardy. The contestants are at the mercy of the categories presented. The winners usually are people who know a lot of trivial info that many of us don't have time to study.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

My dream categories would be something like this:

1. ROCK MUSIC

2. SCIENCE FICTION NOVELS

3. T.V. SHOWS OF THE 70s

4. 80s MOVIES

5. SPORTS LEGENDS

6. CLASSIC COMEDY

Categories that would eliminate me from any chance of leaving the show with even the smallest prize:

1. OPERA

2. ROMANCE NOVELS

3. T.V. SHOWS OF THE 2000s

4. 90s MOVIES

5. OLYMPIC CHAMPIONS

6. SHAKESPEARE

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Categories I should ace:

Beatles

The Who (FYI - The rumor that Keith Moon gave Led Zeppelin its name is only partially true. He named a band which he thought he was going to be part of in 1966 that included Page, J.P.J. and possibly Steve Marriott or Steve Winwood. However The Who survived but Page kept the name in the back of his head)

E.L.P.

The NY Dolls

Aerosmith

Def Leppard

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My dream categories would be something like this:

1. ROCK MUSIC

2. SCIENCE FICTION NOVELS

3. T.V. SHOWS OF THE 70s

4. 80s MOVIES

5. SPORTS LEGENDS

6. CLASSIC COMEDY

Categories that would eliminate me from any chance of leaving the show with even the smallest prize:

1. OPERA

2. ROMANCE NOVELS

3. T.V. SHOWS OF THE 2000s

4. 90s MOVIES

5. OLYMPIC CHAMPIONS

6. SHAKESPEARE

[/QUOTE]

Excellent list.   But the very abbreviated answer to my OP question, to name a few that immediately come to mind for you:

Neil Young
    David Bowie
    Deep Purple
    Bob Dylan (this is also for Roger Taylor's benefit)   :D

NOTE: I'll bet there are a few basic opera questions you could answer -- in the low-price answer/questions.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I forgot to also list:

Mott the Hoople

Queen

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to yogafriend's comment:

Neil Young
    David Bowie
    Deep Purple
    Bob Dylan

Ooo! Ooo!  I know this one:    Who are 4 people who have never been in my kitchen?

So who remembers that 'episode' of Jeopardy?

[/QUOTE]

Cliff Clavin on Cheers.

Here's one of Zilla's favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvUZijEuNDQ

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

I'm an avid Jeopardy fan.I went to a taping of the show when Art Fleming was the host and they taped it in New York around 1972 or 73. Now,I have my DVR set to tape every episode of Jeopardy in case I'm out or too busy to watch it. I'm the guy who sits in front of the TV and yells out the answer if I know it,even if I'm alone.As far as musical categories go,"Classic Rock trivia","Rolling Stones"and"1 hit wonders"would probably be my best subjects.I believe I'd do pretty well in most musical catergories with the exception of Opera and Ballet against most of the other contestants. 

Remember our old/young friend phsmith?   He said he watched and/or taped the show on a consistent basis, too.   I knew it was on the air for a number of ground-breaking years, but didn't realize it dates back to 1972, or perhaps earlier.   

I don't know anyone that doesn't love the show, or hasn't been addicted to it at one time.  I also like the special editions, such as the College and High School editions, even if it's depressing at times, if you know what I mean.   :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Categories I should ace:

Beatles

The Who (FYI - The rumor that Keith Moon gave Led Zeppelin its name is only partially true. He named a band which he thought he was going to be part of in 1966 that included Page, J.P.J. and possibly Steve Marriott or Steve Winwood. However The Who survived but Page kept the name in the back of his head)

E.L.P.

The NY Dolls

Aerosmith

Def Leppard

[/QUOTE]

Love your list.   You'd ace those across the board, no contest.  :)

You'd be a formidable force; I can just see Alex Trebek's face ... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Jeopardy first aired in 1964 but it had a couple of breaks in broadcasting,so it's still been around for a while.My favorite period was in 2004 when Ken Jennings set the record for the most continued wins with 74 in a row.The dude was like an answering machine.It was an incredible run!The saddest part is that he actually lost the 75th game by missing a pretty easy answer in final Jeopardy.The Final Jeopardy! category was Business & Industry, and the answer was "Most of this firm's 70,000 seasonal white collar employees work only four months a year".

He answered "What is Fed-Ex?",which of course was the wrong question. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

Queen

I was wondering about this.  After the Beatles this is the group I always associate with you.

You didn't forget yet another, by any chance?  Thought for sure 'Cheap Trick' would be there too.

[/QUOTE]

See - this is why they would never have such a category. For sure - Cheap Trick.

Everyone - have a great Turkey Day.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Crappy 80's music for $200 Alex!

The Cars

Queen

The Police

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I'd feel comfortable with Led Zep, The Who, The Beatles, Pink Floyd and maybe The Moody Blues.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I'd feel comfortable with Led Zep, The Who, The Beatles, Pink Floyd and maybe The Moody Blues.

Itchy trigger finger. They need to add a delete post link.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Excellent list.   But the very abbreviated answer to my OP question, to name a few that immediately come to mind for you:

Neil Young
    David Bowie
    Deep Purple

NOTE: I'll bet there are a few basic opera questions you could answer -- in the low-price answer/questions.  

[/QUOTE]

Okay, you've picked four of my all time favorites , but I could easily ace categories on dozens, maybe hundreds of other groups. Talking Heads, Graham Parker, Elvis Costello, Alice Cooper,Fleetwood Mac, Led Zeppelin, Bad Company, Uriah Heep, Eric Clapton, Rainbow,Scorpions, Judas Priest , Sex Pistols, Iggy Pop, many Alt. bands , many Blues artists, and tons more of Classic Rock bands....the list goes on.

This is why I kept my "music category" response simply 'Rock Music.'

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE] Led Zeppelin Song Subject (name the song) for 800, Alex.

The answer is:  Arwen Undomiel

What is  . . . ???

This might be better for Final Jeopardy.  Take your shot, the music is playing [/QUOTE]

This would be a *KILLER* Final Jeopardy! question, Greg.    Fantastic.   

This relates to "Lord of the Rings" (Arwen is a character) -- that much I knew.    Had to make an *UN*- educated guess (hahah) --  What is "Battle of Evermore" ??

I did check it to see if I was on the mark, and Alex might call me a cheater, but maybe Greg won't.  

A Led Zeppelin category would be dreamy for all the LZ fanatics.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE] Excellent list.   But the very abbreviated answer to my OP question, to name a few that immediately come to mind for you:

Neil Young
    David Bowie
    Deep Purple

[/QUOTE] Okay, you've picked four of my all time favorites , but I could easily ace categories on dozens, maybe hundreds of other groups. Talking Heads, Graham Parker, Elvis Costello, Alice Cooper,Fleetwood Mac, Led Zeppelin, Bad Company, Uriah Heep, Eric Clapton, Rainbow,Scorpions, Judas Priest , Sex Pistols, Iggy Pop, many Alt. bands , many Blues artists, and tons more of Classic Rock bands....the list goes on.

This is why I kept my "music category" response simply 'Rock Music.' [/QUOTE]

I know you could ace loads of rock music categories, and the list would be endless; it would be a lark if you ever had that chance.   Talk about "stumping the panel" --- hahaha.  The other contestants wouldn't know what hit them.   !!   :)  

There's no category that I can say that I'd ace with absolute confidence, although I might do well with Celtic Music, or at least I'd be better than average.   

I saw a quiz on a website that asked to free-associate / identify bands with a specific font that the band uses on all of their album artwork and marketing.  KILLER.   Same word, displayed in about 12 different fonts, (nothing to do with the band) and you had to guess all of the bands by the font.   I got a few easy ones like AC/DC and Alice Cooper, but otherwise, you'd have to have collected many albums to ID the font that has familiarized a band.  I might use it as a thread topic next week, and expand on it.   Stay tuned.