1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

Re: Best Burger in Boston

rchudy, Where is your favorite place for a burger?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rchudy. Show rchudy's posts

so far, Flat Patties in Harvard Square and Flippin' Burgers in Newton.
    www.bostonburgerblog.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

R.F. O'Sullivan's. Period.

Recently tried UBurger @ Kenmore Sq. - not bad, but not great, either.

Always used to like the Sunset Grill but haven't been there in quite some time. Still as good...??

Outside of Boston - The Tap in Haverhill - Great burgers and outstanding in-house beers (plus the fries are good, too).

Honorable mention: Skip's in Merrimac

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtangent. Show movingtangent's posts

Wild Willy's in Needham.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rchudy. Show rchudy's posts

In Response to Re: Best Burger in Boston:
     O'Sullivan's just isn't very good. Yes, the burgers have a good charred flavor but that's it. I don't even think they allow salt and pepper on the premise because evrything is flavorless. don't even get me started on the "fries."
       www.bostonburgerblog.com

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

In Response to Re: Best Burger in Boston :  O'Sullivan's just isn't very good. Yes, the burgers have a good charred flavor but that's it. I don't even think they allow salt and pepper on the premise because evrything is flavorless. don't even get me started on the "fries."    www.bostonburgerblog.com
    Posted by rchudy

You do not like O'sullivan's. What do you think of Wild Willy?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rchudy. Show rchudy's posts

In Response to Re: Best Burger in Boston : You do not like O'sullivan's. What do you think of Wild Willy?
    Posted by johnath

I've been to Wild Willy's numerous times, but never in a critical way. I have always liked it however, and will review it soon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

In Response to Re: Best Burger in Boston :  O'Sullivan's just isn't very good. Yes, the burgers have a good charred flavor but that's it. I don't even think they allow salt and pepper on the premise because evrything is flavorless. don't even get me started on the "fries."    www.bostonburgerblog.com
    Posted by rchudy

Aye, the fries at RFO's are not up to par, and while I empathize with those who find it hard to divorce the two, they never stood between me and a good burger.

We'll agree to disagree on this one....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rchudy. Show rchudy's posts

In Response to Re: Best Burger in Boston : Aye, the fries at RFO's are not up to par, and while I empathize with those who find it hard to divorce the two, they never stood between me and a good burger. We'll agree to disagree on this one....
    Posted by Mattyhorn

I hear you, but for me, a burger and fry combo must be great together, but in any event, I don't like the burgers at Sullivans anyway. Alas, you should come with us sometime to taste the next burger on our quest.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgs75. Show rgs75's posts

As far as the above, RFO's just never did it for me.

Agree with Flippin's Burgers in Newton.  Also love the burger at Audobon Circle in Brookline.

On the fast food side, 5 Guys Burgers and Fries in Dedham is the best burger and fries fast food combo anywhere in the area.

*Biggest problem is that I still miss Tim's in the South End - nothing comes even close to how good that was.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rchudy. Show rchudy's posts

As far as the above, RFO's just never did it for me. Agree with Flippin's Burgers in Newton.  Also love the burger at Audobon Circle in Brookline. On the fast food side, 5 Guys Burgers and Fries in Dedham is the best burger and fries fast food combo anywhere in the area. *Biggest problem is that I still miss Tim's in the South End - nothing comes even close to how good that was.
    Posted by rgs75

I have Audobon Circle on my list, has anyone been to Tory Row yet?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rchudy. Show rchudy's posts

Going to Four Burgers today, very excited.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jomarg224. Show jomarg224's posts

Boston Burger Company in Davis Square- try the Bruschetta Burger- unbelievable and also the artery clogger-sounds terrible but is terrific -- deep fried heaven on a bun

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rchudy. Show rchudy's posts

Boston Burger Company in Davis Square- try the Bruschetta Burger- unbelievable and also the artery clogger-sounds terrible but is terrific -- deep fried heaven on a bun
    Posted by jomarg224

Totally envious of the location and lay-out of Boston Burger Company, but the burgers fall short...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

When you go to a burger place,ask them this question:
        Who supplies your burger meat?
    You will find the finest burgers are made from this one supplier.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rchudy. Show rchudy's posts

When you go to a burger place,ask them this question:     Who supplies your burger meat? You will find the finest burgers are made from this one supplier.
    Posted by TarheelChief

I find that D'Artagnan andJohn Dewar have been the best thus far.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

When you go to a burger place,ask them this question:     Who supplies your burger meat? You will find the finest burgers are made from this one supplier.
    Posted by TarheelChief

Who is the supplier?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rchudy. Show rchudy's posts

Four Burgers? Decent, not amazing...
    www.bostonburgerblog.com

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

I went to B Good in Dedham a couple days ago and have to say it was the worst burger experience of my life.  The music was good, there seems to be a reggae theme that I would copy if I ever had a restaurant, but the service was bad, the place was dirty, they were out of many menu items as well as ketchup (how does that happen?).

The burger was dwarfed by a burnt wheat bun.  I was recalling the "Where's the beef" commericals from thr 80s.  If you're going to toast the bun do it lightly enough so as to not char the bread.  And the wheat bun is just a dumb idea.  Its not a hearty wheat with flavor, its just bad and much much larger than the patty.  Everything had a strange spice smell and aftertaste that I just couldn't figure out.  If I ever go back it will be only to figure out what that aftertaste was.  But it occurs to me it could just the the smell and taste of burning wheat buns.

Fries were really bad too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Boston -  RFO'S.

Out side Boston -  Ralphs Diner Worcester.
    Great place to see a band and that 1 am. burger! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rchudy. Show rchudy's posts

What is the appeal with O'Sullivan's? It's grilled but completely flavorless. I don't get it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Try putting some toppings and condiments on, you should see a flavor boost! Also the roll/bun the burger comes on has to be good on it's own, a sub par roll can ruin any great burger.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rchudy. Show rchudy's posts

Personally, I'm all about condiments, but a burger in its simplest form; meat, cheese and bun has to taste good on its own. The meat at RFO's is mediocre, put all the toppings you want on it, it will never cover up bad beef.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

I'm anti-cheese.  A good burger shouldn't need condiments, true.  Cheese is a condiment.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rchudy. Show rchudy's posts

I don't think cheese is a condiment, but fine, take away the cheese, then you really need top of the line meat. I have yet to find a burger in Boston that blows me away.

Sections
Shortcuts