1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCAEStaff. Show BDCAEStaff's posts

Favorite bars for specialty beer?

For those of us who view happy hour as a hops adventure, Boston blissfully offers some fabulous beer bars.  Where are your favorite spots to sip specialty brews?  Join the conversation using the forum below.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Favorite bars for specialty beer?

The Publick House (formally Anam Cara) in Brookline
    Doyle's in JP

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhdude51. Show nhdude51's posts

In Response to Favorite bars for specialty beer?:

MILLYS TAVERN in Manchester, NH

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigguy45. Show bigguy45's posts

I'm a big fan of Jakob Wirths.  German food with great beer now that's a taste treat!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc_mcneil. Show dc_mcneil's posts

I love CBC and Publick House.  I also love that CBC 22's have been available for a little while now.  As mentioned over @ 99 bottles I'm really going to miss American Craft.  My all time fave is still the long gone Back Bay Brewing Co.  I still hold hope that they will brew again.

Outside the city limits a bit, Jimmy's in Mansfield has a nice little tap selection.  Always a couple of things of interest there.  They are a pretty big supporter of Pretty Things so you're always guaranteed something from Dann and Martha.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Barney447. Show Barney447's posts

Town Spa in Stoughton

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Barney447. Show Barney447's posts

Jimmy's in Mansfield has the same beer that you can find at any big chain. They need to get stuff in that no one else has...boring.

Just go to the Yardhouse and have 113 different brews

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Barney447. Show Barney447's posts

One thing that always makes me cringe is a study done at URI that shows beers with a ABV of 4% or less tends to build up huge amounts of bacteria and fungal growth inside them beer tap lines if not cleaned 2X / week. I always get my beer in bottles or a higher ABV beer on tap.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: Favorite bars for specialty beer?:
    [QUOTE]One thing that always makes me cringe is a study done at URI that shows beers with a ABV of 4% or less tends to build up huge amounts of bacteria and fungal growth inside them beer tap lines if not cleaned 2X / week. I always get my beer in bottles or a higher ABV beer on tap.
    Posted by Barney447[/QUOTE]

Oh, how ignorance was bliss.  Why did you share that?!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TL27. Show TL27's posts

West End Johnnie's is the best place to meet before games/concerts at TD Garden. Great beer list, bottles and on draft.  http://www.westendjohnnies.com

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc_mcneil. Show dc_mcneil's posts

Barney - I've not seen Pretty Things Baby Tree, Green Flash West Coast IPA, Victory Prima Pils, etc etc at any of the big chains.  I much prefer American craft beers than harder to find Belgians.  Jimmy's may not have the quantity, but the quality is there.  Plus the food and staff are beyond fantastic and I'd rather only have to drive 5 minutes than 30.  So, all that said, Yardrock is a fine place too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrWyMi. Show BrWyMi's posts

Davis Sq has a bunch of great options; Redbones, 5 Horses, Flatbread, Foundry, and even Saloon.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeremyK684. Show JeremyK684's posts

I second Five Horses Tavern; they go to great strides to get awesome, rare beers on tap and have done so succesfully. And they also offer some hard-to-find beers as well (Pyramid, 120 Minute IPA, etc...). I can't believe they got left out