1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCAEStaff. Show BDCAEStaff's posts

Favorite places for vegetarian and vegan dining

If you're looking for meat-free dining — from pizza to Chinese cuisine — you can certainly find it in and around Boston.  Here is our gallery rounding up some vegetarian and vegan options.  Now share with us in the forum below your favorite places to dine sans meat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from weenote. Show weenote's posts

Re: Favorite places for vegetarian and vegan dining

How is Prana Cafe NOT in this list of vegetarian food restaurants?!?!?!?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from johno4. Show johno4's posts

Organic Garden Cafe in Beverly. Amazing!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from qo. Show qo's posts

Exactly where in Cambridge is Veggie Galaxy located?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakeview5. Show lakeview5's posts

Prana Cafe went out of business.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Barbeliza. Show Barbeliza's posts

Regas' Korean Restaurant in Lawrence - has some great veg items on the menu - best veg Bi Bim Bap around.  Has meat/fish items so you can dine with non-veg friends.  Also in Lawrence - Wichit for awesome salads and sandwiches, Cafe Azteca for authentic Mexican food, Cafe Verde - all have some great veg offerings. Tripoli's cheese pizza is legendary.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from elnewton. Show elnewton's posts

#1: You missed Masao's Kitchen in Waltham.  My kids beg for it - the noodle soup dish is incredible, and every day they have a great tempeh or tofu main course. Service if from the counter (by Masao himself) - you fill your plate, then weigh the food.
    #2: there are a few kosher dairy restaurants that are primarily vegetarian (although not vegan): Milk Street Cafe in downtown Boston offers wonderful lunches, and Cafe Eilat has pizza, fish, and various wraps.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenSahn. Show BenSahn's posts

We are both vegetarians, not vegans. We often choose Indian restaurants; while not vegetarian (with a few exceptions) they have many vegetarian options. I also like restaurants that identify real vegetarian items on the menu, like Wagamama and Christopher's. Of the restaurants you listed, I have tried and liked Red Lentil and True Bistro. I will be checking out some of the others I have not yet tried. Thanks for this list.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

In the old days,base commanders would put big red borders around red light districts.
    Let's hope these listings of vegan restaurants provides the same warnings for poor out of town or ignorant diners.It will help these determined diners to keep clear of the unwashed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qxh7mate. Show Qxh7mate's posts

Vegan Chinese Options

We can't forget My Thai Vegan Cafe in Chinatown!  The interior is fresher-looking than Grasshopper (which could use an overhaul) and the dish presentation is a grade higher on some dishes like the noodle 'nest' dishes.  I always splurge on the excellent smoothies and cakes at both restaurants.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdvt. Show kdvt's posts

Why does the picture have shrimp in it when you are discussing vegetarian/vegan?  Just saying...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Doesanyoneproof. Show Doesanyoneproof's posts

In Response to Re: Favorite places for vegetarian and vegan dining:
    [QUOTE]Why does the picture have shrimp in it when you are discussing vegetarian/vegan?  Just saying...
    Posted by kdvt[/QUOTE]

Leave it to the Globe... it never fails to disappoint.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JillianC. Show JillianC's posts

In Response to Re: Favorite places for vegetarian and vegan dining:
    [QUOTE]Why does the picture have shrimp in it when you are discussing vegetarian/vegan?  Just saying...
    Posted by kdvt[/QUOTE]

It's not real shrimp, it's vegi-shrimp. Grasshopper makes all sorts of "meat" and "seafood" 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from michtimnn. Show michtimnn's posts

Karma, Northampton, Check it Out!!!