1. You have chosen to ignore posts from blogn24. Show blogn24's posts

Great Pizza

Very surprised that Upper Crust wasn't mentioned in the top pizza places in Boston.  Great staff and amazing pies.  Try it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Great Pizza

In Response to Great Pizza:
    [QUOTE]Very surprised that Upper Crust wasn't mentioned in the top pizza places in Boston.  Great staff and amazing pies.  Try it!
    Posted by blogn24[/QUOTE]

Right?  It's the only pizza place that holds up to any number of pizza places that I can find in New York (where I now go to school)

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Santarpio's Pizza is great...definitely in my top 3..!

Upper Crust pizza is mediocre at best..at best..and the company's history of hiring and exploiting illegal immigrants was enough to turn me off of them completely.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from waitnonu02155. Show waitnonu02155's posts

santarpios!! or Bobs in medford great pizza and everything else

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zippit. Show zippit's posts

I don't live in the city, but I've grown to love Santarpios over the years, it's about the only good reason to go near Logan in my book.

Original Regina's also tops of my five-favs, the others, in no order:

Town Spa Stoughton, although the original joint was better.
    Cape Cod Cafe - Brockton
    Linwood in Randolph

Best chain in the area?  Papa Gino's has been doing a pretty good job over the years, Rose & Vickis if you consider them a chain, and even Bertucci's if you get one of their "designer" pies. I think the Upper Crust is way-overated, and expensive.

Of course, I've learned to make my own pizza including dough, use a stone and hot-hot oven, and experiment!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Polcari's on Route 1 in Saugus is my favorite pizza maker right now.  Didn't see the list of top pizza places, so don't know if they're on the list.

ETA:  Ooops, just saw it says "in Boston", and I guess this Polcari's would be outside that loop.  I do believe there is one in Boston however.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

This is a hard one for me because the best pizza's I've ever eaten aren't from MA.

If you like them spicy, head to Godfathers Pizza. Deep dish with a very thin layer of spicy souce and the topics are mixed in between two layers of cheese. 
     The last time I saw a Godfathers Pizza was when I was a kid in Nebraka.

If you don't like spicy, head to the Chicago burbs and find Benny's Pizza. This was my first encounter with a 'party' pizza (which is the normal size of an order in Chicago) that comes in at 21''. It's cut in squares so you can actually handle it without the topics winding up on the floor. The absolute perfect blend of cheeses and huge topings.
     This place was so popular the average whating time to get a seat was close to 2 hours. I don't even want to guess how many people he had to hire for deliverys.

I haven't tasted anything comparable here in MA. Granted, I can't say I've ever been to Santarpios so I can't comment on them (lots of people have recommended them to me, however) but my favorite over-all is Revere House of Pizza.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In Response to Re: Great Pizza:
    [QUOTE]Polcari's on Route 1 in Saugus is my favorite pizza maker right now.  Didn't see the list of top pizza places, so don't know if they're on the list. ETA:  Ooops, just saw it says "in Boston", and I guess this Polcari's would be outside that loop.  I do believe there is one in Boston however.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]
    Hi Toytrumpet...just an FYI..the pizza sold at Polcari's restaurants is the same pizza sold at Pizza Regina..it's all one family. I am sure that's why you love it so much..lol. Same great taste and not necessary to go into Boston to get it.
    If you are ever a little further north, you might like Paisano's Pizza. They are located in Lawrence right off 495 and their pizza is almost identical to Regina's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Miscricket,
    Truthfully, I'm not the one who goes to Polcari's to pick up pizza - that section of Route 1 is insane to try to get back out of any establishment along the way.  I don't think they ever heard of merging.  But, several times when I've been at my sons' he has brought home delicious pizzas from there.  Usually a plain cheese for the kids, and then a varied one - the last time they made up a special heart-kind one with input from them and him - he is a young heart attack victim.  In my mind it is the best pizza I have had in years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanceWithMe71. Show DanceWithMe71's posts

The Flatbread Pizza Co. is the best.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Figment. Show Figment's posts

My fav is Pizzeria Regina in Boston.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Does anyone remember the good old days when PaPa Ginos hand tossed the dough? didn't measure the cheese? count the slices of pepperoni? portion the toppings?

As a child I would take the bus with my Grandmother from Cobbs Corner in Canton to Mattapan where there was a PaPa Ginos and as a kid be excited at the thought of that awesome pizza!

It used to be awesome....now

...dough isn't hand tossed, 1/2 cup cheese per corporate, 12 slices of pepperoni per corporate, vegi toppings 1/4 cup per corporate....oh yah, now they offer an EXTRA LARGE pizza - stretch the LARGE cheese pizza another 1" or 2" Wah La EXTRA LARGE! for an extra $5!!!!

Love Regina's when in Boston.......Wink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwaynemos. Show dwaynemos's posts

There is nothing like great or not I love all types of Pizzas . You can say it is my crush. When first time I had it from then whenever I go out for luch, dinner or breakfast my menu always contain Pizza!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Neopoli, in either Melrose or Malden, is pretty good.