1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

New England food challenges

Ever want to try a five pound burger? How about a rack of ribs that can only be served on a shovel? Well, you don’t have to be a competitive eater to try out some of New England's top gut-busting challenges (although it doesn't hurt).

Which of these challenges would you like to try? Think we missed any on the list? Let us know your thoughts on this discussion board.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: New England food challenges

My son and his friend have done the Tasty Burger Challenge...three "All the Way" dogs. I am surprised they were not physically ill afterwards! The only food challenge I have ever participated in was a Rib Challenge at ThreeDogz Diner in Lawrence..but I was with a group and there to support the restaurant. I really never even tried. Out of a rack of ribs..I ate two ribs..gave one to my niece and took the rest home.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Ugh. No. What's the point? It isn't enjoyable to eat once one is full.

True. I am a grazer by nature so these kinds of food challenges are lost on me... They do hold appeal for my 20 something son and his friends.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jglege. Show jglege's posts

Captain Hook's in Gloucester has the "Walk the Plank" challenge. If one person eats a jumbo three topping pizza in 30 minutes, the pizza is on the house, they get a free Hook's t-shirt, and their picture on the wall of fame. Their pizzas are huge, it would be incredible if somebody could accomplish this. Even if you don't take the challenge, this Gloucester staple has a cult following and is worth the trip thanks to the delicious and inexpensive Italian food, and the amazing owners Al and Jess (who are always there).