1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCAEStaff. Show BDCAEStaff's posts

Outdoor dining options

We are thrilled there are so many great options for dining outside, but couldn't hit them all.  Tell us what we missed, share your favorites, and help us discover new alfresco dining spots by joining the conversation below.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dinbos. Show dinbos's posts

Re: Outdoor dining options

In Response to Outdoor dining options:
    [QUOTE]We are thrilled there are so many great options for dining outside , but couldn't hit them all.  Tell us what we missed, share your favorites, and help us discover new alfresco dining spots by joining the conversation below.
    Posted by BDCAEStaff[/QUOTE]

Tamo Terrace at the Seaport Hotel is a fabulous outdoor dining spot in the heart of the Seaport District.  Delicious food, waterfront location, live jazz Tuesday nights, an urban oasis!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffa. Show jeffa's posts

Deep Ellum in Allston is the bomb. Great beers and outdoor deck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from heathcat30. Show heathcat30's posts

Village Sushi & Grill and Sophia's Grotto in Roslindale, Canary Square in JP....for those of us not in the downtown area, it's nice to spend a lovely afternoon or evening dining al fresco in our own little corners of the city, especially when we commute downtown during the workweek!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ridiculogic. Show ridiculogic's posts

In Response to Re: Outdoor dining options:
    [QUOTE]Village Sushi & Grill and Sophia's Grotto in Roslindale, Canary Square in JP....for those of us not in the downtown area, it's nice to spend a lovely afternoon or evening dining al fresco in our own little corners of the city, especially when we commute downtown during the workweek!
    Posted by heathcat30[/QUOTE]

I second that!  Sophia's/Village Sushi/Birch St. Bistro share a gorgeous patio in Roslindale Village.  Just ate there today, and it's our favorite spot on a warm day hands down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhody1029. Show rhody1029's posts

Love Birch St/Sophia's/Village Sushi...

Also, Redd's in Rossie just opened up in the old Geoffrey's Cafe spot on Washington St- highly recommend

Also Ledge in Lower Mills has maybe the best patio in the city!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchip78. Show bchip78's posts

Cuffs bar at the back bay hotel.  Massive amounts of space.  Never too packed.  And Baseball Tavern's roof deck.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Salvatore's in Lawrence has a great outdoor deck that overlooks the Merrimack River..lot's of fun on summer nights. Thursdays and Fridays usually have live entertainment.
    Most of the downtown Andover restaurants now have outdoor dining options.
    I haven't tried it yet but the newest place Brasserie28 has also applied for an outdoor dining permit. Glory has a nice outdoor dining patio..but they are soon closing to re-open as a more casual Italian eatery..

The Sea Ketch in Hampton NH probably has the best outdoor dining...the view from their top deck cannot be beat..even the lower decks have a nice view. The food is good and the service top notch.

For even more casual outdoor "dining" I like the clam shacks on 133, Skips Burgers in Merrimack and sitting on the beach wall at North Hampton enjoying a lobster roll from Beach Plum... Not your average Joe's in Methuen. It seems as though more restaurants are jumping on the out door dining bandwagon..when on the way to the beach last weekend I noticed that even Friendy's had created an out door dining area..lol

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IheartJohn. Show IheartJohn's posts

I like Halfway Cafe in Canton . They have good food and a nice patio for eating outside.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I had dinner the other night out on the patio at The Links at the Andover Country Club. This was one of the nicest outdoor dining areas that I've been to and the patio reminded me of the patio at the Mount Washington Hotel...( not quite the same view..lol). It's too bad the food was not nearly as good as the view...but it might be a nice place to have a drink with friends.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IheartJohn. Show IheartJohn's posts

Hi JackbuSmile
    I really really like their chicken parmegian.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IheartJohn. Show IheartJohn's posts

[QUOTE]I had dinner the other night out on the patio at The Links at the Andover Country Club. This was one of the nicest outdoor dining areas that I've been to and the patio reminded me of the patio at the Mount Washington Hotel...( not quite the same view..lol). It's too bad the food was not nearly as good as the view...but it might be a nice place to have a drink with friends.
    Posted by miscricket[/QUOTE]
    I am pretty sure that country club dining is not what this post is really about since not everyone can afford to eat dinner at country clubs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

John,
    BDC did not put a pricetag on the "outdoor places to eat". Lots of people cannot afford to eat at many of the places mentioned above anyway.
    It is nice to know, there are places to eat for special occasions as well.
    For outdoor eating, I will take the Clambox in Ipswich any time. No one - and I mean no one - makes fried clams the way they do. Artery blocking? Probably. But lots of other things are too. Like your chicken parm f. ex.
    And John, just for your info. It is chicken parmesan or chicken parmegiana.
    - Pingo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

The Barnacle in Marblehead   small, quaint right on the harbor.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67skids. Show 67skids's posts

The Blue Room in Cambridge. Go to an afternoon movie on the weekend at the Kendall Square Cinema and have an early dinner on the patio. Delicious food and a lovely spot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]John, BDC did not put a pricetag on the "outdoor places to eat". Lots of people cannot afford to eat at many of the places mentioned above anyway. It is nice to know, there are places to eat for special occasions as well. For outdoor eating, I will take the Clambox in Ipswich any time. No one - and I mean no one - makes fried clams the way they do. Artery blocking? Probably. But lots of other things are too. Like your chicken parm f. ex. And John, just for your info. It is chicken parmesan or chicken parmegian a . - Pingo
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

Pingo..thanks..for the record I paid something like twelve dollars for my grilled chicken and asparagus sandwich at the Links. Hardly breaking the bank. I agree that my favorite outdoor dining spots are definitely more casual places like Ipswich Clambox, Woodmans..etc.  When I am at the Clam Box I always go for the lobster roll..they make them great.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from blogn24. Show blogn24's posts

Upper Crust hands down

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from eyemonfirst. Show eyemonfirst's posts

I can recommend the patio at Captain Fishbone's in Quincy. Very good pub food and seafood dishes...sea air, yachts and a pretty boardwalk for strolling.  There are two more restaurants at the other end of the boardwalk so you have plenty of choice. If you're a tourist, it's just a few miles to Quincy Square where you can pick up the tourist trolley and visit the John Adams' house and the Church of the Presidents.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

The Tap in Haverhill has a deck overlooking the Merrimack and fresh made beer.  Food is decent, too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tony7586. Show Tony7586's posts

[QUOTE]The Tap in Haverhill has a deck overlooking the Merrimack and fresh made beer.  Food is decent, too.
    Posted by EnjoyEverySandwich[/QUOTE]
    I have never had fresh made beer. Is it as good as fresh brewed beer?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkos. Show dkos's posts

I second all those nominating Sophia's Grotto et al in Roslindale Square. I would add Canary Square in Jamaica Plain. Great place, and a central location (for JP'ers, that is).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]The Tap in Haverhill has a deck overlooking the Merrimack and fresh made beer.  Food is decent, too.
    Posted by EnjoyEverySandwich[/QUOTE]

I don't drink beer..but I second The Tap for view..and the food is pretty good as well.