Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from granger18. Show granger18's posts

Re: Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?

Changsho without doubt !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fritos. Show fritos's posts

All Seasons Table in Malden Square. This is Asian-Fusion food at its best! Nice bar, friendly atmosphere, live Jazz and plenty of great dishes to try. Sushi, too! Tongue out 

Takeout is well-done and the delivery person extremely polite and prompt, but the person taking your order can't hear you over the crowd noise from the restaurant. Be prepared to repeat your order several times!
    Undecided

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 93Boston. Show 93Boston's posts

Mandarin Gourmet in Putterham for good reliable food, Bernards in Chestnut Hill for pricey white cloth treats and Peach Farm and China Pearl Cafe (street level) in China Town.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beckholzdicelester. Show beckholzdicelester's posts

Billy Tse's in the North End/Commercial Street.  The best hands-down.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nanapee. Show nanapee's posts

Re: Your favorite Chinese food in the north shore of Boston

Everyone should go to Su Chang's restaurant on Lowell Street in Peabody, MA - it is a delightful location and the food is beyond delicious!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BooRad. Show BooRad's posts

If you live in the Milton area Mr. Chan's on Adams Street in East Milton Square is the best!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gosha123. Show gosha123's posts

Barnard's at the Chestnut Hill Mall is my favorite. Food is excellent and I don't mind to pay extra for fresh ingredients.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jane53. Show Jane53's posts

Jay's cafe' has a mix of Japanese and Chinese and it's awesome! There a few different locations around Boston.

Also, although not Chinese but Thai food is Lime Leaf in Weymouth.....the food is clean, meaning not a lot of heavy sauces covering up the food. Delicious and reasonable. Definately worth the trip out to the burbs!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GGallagher. Show GGallagher's posts

..I just paid a visit over the New Year's holiday weekend..right in China town ..which surpirsingly I noticed there wasn't many places picked on favorite spots on the Globe list but 1 or 2.....Newton and Cambridge aren't really geographically part of inner Bosoton 'The Hub'..for that matter Saugus?

The 'New Moon Villa' open till at least 3am..servie was grerat..not too a busy at the time of early morning I paid a visit ....food was cooked in very clean oil and the Egg Drop soup was pheonominal..it's a great place to hit when your downtown late night and your favorite watering hole or club closes up at 2am and you have to put some good decent food in your belly...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from my2centsalso. Show my2centsalso's posts

While I have eaten at a number of these fine establishments, I would have to say that my favorite is Mary Chung's in Cambridge.  Best Suan la Chow Show ever!!!  Excellent Dun Dun noodles as well and pretty good General Gau chicken.

Took my daughter here years ago because she thought she had already had the best Suan la Chow Show.  Now this is her favorite place as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SueZQueZ. Show SueZQueZ's posts

Without question, Sichuan Gourmet in Billerica, Framingham, and now Brookline.  I'm a New Yorker, and most Chinese food in New England can't compare to NY's Chinatown, but Sichuan Gourmet does. I prefer the Billerica location, but they're all great.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rduby. Show rduby's posts

Alice's Mandarin Taste in Sharon!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from vicsanta. Show vicsanta's posts

GREAT CHEF in Day Square East Boston - the best for over 20 years.  Angus and the crew make all the traditional favorites plus some fancy stuff too.  Never had a bad meal there in 20 years.  Fresh food and friendly folks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhenfarm. Show jhenfarm's posts

I don't know how Kowloon's always make these lists - I think you have to be a drinker to "get it"... I routinely go there with others, always giving it another chance and in 23 years, I have yet to have a good meal.  Cathay Pacific's food is fresh, bright and filling.  service is also great!

In Response to Re: Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?:
    Cathay Pacific in Quincy!
    Posted by joodie

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pg1960. Show pg1960's posts

Fuloon in Malden, especially if you order off the Chefs Special dishes such as Spicy Bean Curd, Twice Cooked Pork with Black Bean and Hot Pepper, Chicken with Capiscum (Lethally hot), and Wok Baked Beef.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from THR3ES. Show THR3ES's posts

Lee Chen's in Lawrence on 114 right off of 495.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gosha123. Show gosha123's posts

In Response to Re: Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?:
    I can't eat MSG any suggestions for clean Chinese food?
    Posted by kdc13

Bernard's don't use MSG

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cp77. Show cp77's posts

I'm sure some of the so-called mediocrity in local Chinese food stems from the fact that in some places, Chinese restaurants are the only establishments that bother to stay open past 1.a.m. Twentysomethings are getting out of bars and will go anywhere(and buy anything) to eat at that hour. Walk up Moody St. in Waltham at that time of night and you'll see what I mean. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostime. Show bostime's posts

I ate at Kowloon recently and it was HORRIBLE!!!! No way it deserves to be on the top 15 list!!  Some of the food was barely edible!  Overpriced too!! Don't bother with that place!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dlobron. Show dlobron's posts

House of Chang at 282 Concord Ave in Cambridge (site of the former Lucky Garden) is excellent.  I had a vegetarian crispy tofu a few weeks ago, and it was done perfectly.  Give it a try!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from berryjooks. Show berryjooks's posts

Kowloon and PF Changs are very good, but our favorite is Mandarin Reading @ the 129/128 rotary. The beef roll (from their Japanese selections - thin sliced sirloin rolled up with cheese and scallions) and spinach fried rice (MR signature dish - white rice fried up with spinach and egg) are my favorites. Lunch buffet is killer also.

http://mandarinreading.com/

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from springtaste. Show springtaste's posts

The Chinese foods in China is totally different from what we see in U.S.
    The varieties, sophistication, and presentation of dishes in fine restaurants in China is out of your imagination.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

Beijing House in Norwell. The Hunan Scallops are great

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts