Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crdevitt. Show crdevitt's posts

Re: Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?

Lotus Blossom Chinese Restaurant
    394 Boston Post Road, Sudbury, MA 01776

the folks there are super nice
    the mai tais are strong
    nothing tastes frozen, i.e. rangoons and sho mai
    their spicy eggplant is wonderful if you ever see it listed on their specials

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GunghoGuy. Show GunghoGuy's posts

You like Chinese food???...OK...go to ...CHINA BUFFET....all you can eat for $7.99 at noontime....over 50 Chinese entries, etc....25 desserts.....refills free...located in Stop Shop Mall...Rte #1 Saugus...spacious booths and tables for 4 or 2....quiet service at no charge....they even have a Mongolian delights/sushi bar....you laff???...I kid you naught :-)...."Have you eaten, yet"....Ding--How.                

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikelong72. Show mikelong72's posts

CK Shanghai in Wellesley is the best I have experienced. Their Imperial Duck is fantastic along with the Tangerine Crispy Beef and their Mango Chicken.

Chef CK has been a creative master for decades in the Boston area beginning at Sally Ling's and New Shanghai and for the last six years on Route 16 in Wellesley.

http://www.ckshanghai.com/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from launchboy30. Show launchboy30's posts

Green Tea on Rt 9 in Newton Highlands Best in all of Boston

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ACT54. Show ACT54's posts

House of Chang near Huron Village. Wonderful, fresh food. Be sure to try specials of the day!

282 Concord Ave.
    Cambridge MA
    (617) 547-9888

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr-Punch. Show Mr-Punch's posts

Shangri La in Belmont is excellent - better than any place in Cambridge.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WBCNFAN4LIFE. Show WBCNFAN4LIFE's posts

I had Asia wok (allston)today, not bad eat there once a week. but i know it's not Boston but. china chop sticks in west Quincy is awesome. i love "AMERICAN" Chinese food Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Liners. Show Liners's posts

China Sky in Winchester. Damn. Now I'm hungry.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrapmetal. Show scrapmetal's posts

Cheng du in stoughton best of the south shore also have locations in westborough & maybe one other.Took my son to chinatown for his 12th bday ordered him all authentic dishes& he didnt touch a plate.When asked what was wrong he replied: ITS NOT CHENG DU!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from alexbeam. Show alexbeam's posts

I'm very disappointed in this article, since most of the selections are such poor examples of authentic Chinese.  How can you include Teriyaki House - 'Teriyaki' is a Japanese term - or PF Changs?  Many of PF Changs' dishes are overly sweetened and certainly far from authentic. 

Royal East on Main Street in Cambridge prides itself on authenticity.  Their Ginger and Scallion Lobster is one of the best examples in the region and their steamed grey sole is a world class dish by any standard.  Even their more Americanized fare is exceptional, such as their fried chicken wings (marinated for flavor and tenderness), spare ribs and egg foo young (which is made from scratch to order unlike many other restaurants.)  When in season, the soft shell crab is never frozen (many local joints pre-cook and freeze them) and the live Dungeness crab is wonderful, especially salt and pepper style.

East Ocean City in Chinatown is also worthy of a visit for the large selection of live fish to choose from.  I'm making myself hungry.  Gotta go.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblewis01. Show dblewis01's posts

If you're ever in Manchester try Taipei and Tokyo III in the Hannaford Plaza near the Bedford border.  The best Chinese food I've ever had.  Phantom Gourmet loves this place and there is a good reason.  The food is outstanding.  Both the Chinese and Japanese Sushi makes me drive 45 minutes each way at least once a month - many times more!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mdrabkin. Show mdrabkin's posts

Gourmet Garden in Swampscott. Better ingredients. Better food. Gourmet Garden.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblewis01. Show dblewis01's posts

In Response to Re: Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?:
    MAY'S CAFE IN MEDFORD IS ONE OF THE BEST KEPT SECRETS AROUND  GREAT FOOD COOKED FRESH IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES !!!!  RAYMOND IS A LEGEND IN GREATER BOSTON
    Posted by JIMMYJET22

JimmyJett22 is right on with this choice!  When I lived in Medford this was a must visit anytime I wanted Chinese.  My friends still go there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblewis01. Show dblewis01's posts

Ladies and Gentleman, a moment of silence for one of the best chinese fast food places ever, formerly located in Somerville and then Malden under a new owner, BoBo's Chinese Restuarant.  They are gone but their food is still in my memory.
    The people there were great including the new owner.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nan03. Show nan03's posts

I thought Out of Asia in Saugus was the best until I tried Golden Ginger at the Wilmington Plaza in Wilmington. Simply the best and cooked to order always.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mongoose3. Show mongoose3's posts

I am a Chinese food snob. East Ocean City is the best in New England. Pan fried noodles with shredded chicken and vegetables. Clams with black bean sauce. Fresh scallops on the half shell with ginger and scallion. Pan fried Dungeness crab. Pea pod stems with soy sauce. Prawns with spiced salt. You cannot get food like this outside of Chinatown. always worth the trip to feed the addiction!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mongoose3. Show mongoose3's posts

Best Chinese Restaurants in Boston City:       East Ocean City Metro:    Golden Temple. Brookline West:     Cherrry Blossom In Ashland North:     Billy Tse's Revere South:    Chinatown in Stoughton (right on Canton line)
    Posted by patriotstate

Right on brother!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mongoose3. Show mongoose3's posts

Re: Chinese in Boston???

In Response to Chinese in Boston???:
    Okay, first, the posts put up thus far by readers are soooooo vanilla, they would fit into any North or South Dakota country bumpkin chinese restaurant.  Not one mention of a good, real, authentic and traditional Chinese restaurant.  All Americanized watered down places.  A few fresh and decent, for an American, but most really horrible. To answer the main question, where do I go for Chinese?...New York City, Brooklyn, Queens, Toronto, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Vancouver and London.  The worst restaurant in those Chinatowns is better than the best of the best in all of New England. Finally, in Boston Chinatown, Gourmet Dumpling House, Taiwan Cafe, Vinh Sum, and in Belmont Shangri-La.  All are actually Taiwanese except for Vinh Sum which is Hong Kong Chinese.  And in Malden Fuloon Restaurant is authentic Szechuan cooking, awared Chinese Restaurant of the Year 2009.  That is it for Chinese.  Try S&I ToGo for the best Thai East of San Francisco and West of London - no kidding.  And in Chinatown Pho Pasteur (Vietnamese) and Penang (Malaysian) are superior. This is MaxFoodCritic singing off!!!  (...not a typo!)
    Posted by MaxFoodCritic
    I have been to Chinatown in NYC a few times and never had a good meal. 
    R+G lounge in San Fran had superb dungeness crab. XChow Chow city has good dim sum and East Ocean City has the best seafood

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from marimar989. Show marimar989's posts

I agree...They also have a full bar, will tailor dishes to your liking, do take-out, and remember their regulars.

Mandarin Gourmet 1020 West Roxbury Parkway Chestnut Hill, MA 02467 Good food, good service.  
    Posted by JPWisdom

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hitiox. Show hitiox's posts

Gourmet Garden in Swampscott

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fendrguitplayr. Show fendrguitplayr's posts

China Blossom in Andover gets the nod for best food.  Cool

Best Mai-Tais have to be from Bali-Hai in Lynnfield. Wink

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobfromNB. Show BobfromNB's posts

Cathay Village in Mattapan Square.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jack-From-Allston. Show Jack-From-Allston's posts

In Allston, we tend to go to Jo Jo Taipei.

The food is excellent, they love kids and (based upon the option of my Sister-in-Law who grew up in Taipei), the food is quite authentic.

They also sell bags of frozen pork dumplings!

Jack

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovegreyhounds. Show lovegreyhounds's posts

Ume Restraunt
    Franklin Street
    Stoneham

The place is roomy, clean, friendly and has awesome food and sushi.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jasperjinx. Show Jasperjinx's posts

Imperial Terrace on Sea St in Quincy.   The best Chinese food, and the best waitress to serve your drinks, too!   Their crab rangoon makes you sing a tune!

Sections
Shortcuts