Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from muttonking. Show muttonking's posts

Re: Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?

Alice's Mandarin Taste in Sharon is fantastic!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nedwinr1. Show nedwinr1's posts

Jumbo Seafood in Newton

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red1929. Show Red1929's posts

I enjoy Chinese food in general.  However my very fsavorite is Mandarin Gourmet in West Roxbury/South Brookline.  There may be Chinese restaurants with better cuisine(but I haven't found one yet) but even if there is, their extreme friendliness and clealiness (I've never seena claner kitchen) gives them quite an edg ein my book.  Tthe prices are very reasonable and the portions are quite large.  I highly reocmmend it (althouth there is no sense in debating about taste)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mmmz. Show mmmz's posts

Too funny how opinions vary so widely.  Yes, I'm aware that what call Chinese food in this area is not the kind of cuisine they eat in China.  However, of the places that call themselves Chinese Restaurants, which is what this is about, I would say Kowloon for a large, old-style "Chinese" restaurant - I ate there on New Year's Day and it was fabulous, maybe folks who don't like it need to get fresh food and they were probably completely wiped out on New Year's Eve and starting over - and for smaller and not so old-style Polynesian looking decor, Chinatown in Stoughton.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from marcus27913. Show marcus27913's posts

I love Lee's Kitchen in Franklin MA or Quan's Kitchen in Mansfield, North Attleboro or Weymouth! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cambridgeman. Show cambridgeman's posts

King Fung Two Brookline best Hot and Sour soup

King fung two in brookline on route 9 well balanced hot and sour soup and excellent noodles and the price is right Tongue out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cambridgeman. Show cambridgeman's posts

More King Fung Two

check out these treats 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrlemonjello. Show mrlemonjello's posts

+1 for Fu Loon in Malden

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaxFoodCritic. Show MaxFoodCritic's posts

Chinese in Boston???

Okay, first, the posts put up thus far by readers are soooooo vanilla, they would fit into any North or South Dakota country bumpkin chinese restaurant.  Not one mention of a good, real, authentic and traditional Chinese restaurant.  All Americanized watered down places.  A few fresh and decent, for an American, but most really horrible.

To answer the main question, where do I go for Chinese?...New York City, Brooklyn, Queens, Toronto, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Vancouver and London.  The worst restaurant in those Chinatowns is better than the best of the best in all of New England.

Finally, in Boston Chinatown, Gourmet Dumpling House, Taiwan Cafe, Vinh Sum, and in Belmont Shangri-La.  All are actually Taiwanese except for Vinh Sum which is Hong Kong Chinese.  And in Malden Fuloon Restaurant is authentic Szechuan cooking, awared Chinese Restaurant of the Year 2009.  That is it for Chinese.  Try S&I ToGo for the best Thai East of San Francisco and West of London - no kidding.  And in Chinatown Pho Pasteur (Vietnamese) and Penang (Malaysian) are superior.

This is MaxFoodCritic singing off!!!  (...not a typo!)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aspenrose39. Show aspenrose39's posts

Hong Kong 888 Cafe in Roslindale.  Food is great and they deliver.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from walker2108. Show walker2108's posts

Duck Walk in Wakefield, Yan's China Bistro in Swampscott and Out of Asia in Saugus...All great!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rydal. Show Rydal's posts

I realize a lot of folks don't spend a lot of time in Chinatown but most of these burb places are only so-so. 

King Fung on Kneeland in Chinatown.
    Golden Gate in Chinatown.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PoleAlum. Show PoleAlum's posts

In Response to Re: Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area? : I Agree
    Posted by robingirl[/QUOTE]

Chinatown in Stoughton is the absolute best! The General Gau chicken and lo mein are much better there than any other Chinese restaurant in the area.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABe5301978. Show ABe5301978's posts

definitely the best Chinese food is Feng Shui in Cohasset the best lunch buffet that I have ever had!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscarcat. Show oscarcat's posts

Mandarin Cuisine in Needham is the best around here.  Luncheon specials with soup are about $7.00 and delicious.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from edgor1. Show edgor1's posts

Having grown up on the North Shore, and family friends with Dave Wong, it was always China Sails. Kowloon is good to still have around, and as my ex-wife dubs it, the BEST Boston-style Chinese food (Shredded vegetables in crispy brown eggrolls; lobster sauce being a brown sauce and not an egg sauce; and even pork strips). I can get PF Changs anywhere, and do, in Washington, Fort Lauderdale and Austin, their lettuce wraps are great! When I'm in the area, and not at Kowloon's, Lotus Flower in Framingham would be my choice.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotstate. Show patriotstate's posts

Best Chinese Restaurants in Boston

City:       East Ocean City
    Metro:    Golden Temple. Brookline
    West:     Cherrry Blossom In Ashland
    North:     Billy Tse's Revere
    South:    Chinatown in Stoughton (right on Canton line)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jenniferk. Show jenniferk's posts

In Response to Re: Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?:
    [QUOTE]I haven't eaten Chinese food in ages but I use to love Beansprout in Malden and Speedy Wongs in Charlestown. 
    Posted by Sophie08[/QUOTE]

Beansprout is closed (replaced by a poor version of Mexican food) but All Seasons Table in Malden is excellent.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ftblfan. Show ftblfan's posts

Le Chen's in Lawrence, MA

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from some.nerd. Show some.nerd's posts

The fact that PF Chang's, a national chain, was included in this list is a joke. You couldn't find one more decent place? Here's three: Eighty Eight in Winchester (take-out only but it is GOOD), Golden Ginger in Tewksbury (can dine-in and is overall a great place), and Cathay Center in Weymouth. MMM, LOCAL ESTABLISHMENTS.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

I love the Milford Mandardin and always went there when visiting the area, but last time I was there I went to stop by and they were closed for renovations, hopefully the new incarnation will be good.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ce0. Show ce0's posts

Great Wall in Bedford, MA and Su Changs in Peabody

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadgirl. Show nomadgirl's posts

I love the relatively new Wonder Cafe in Watertown.  The Chinese food is a bit healthier than standard American Chinese takeout, and some dishes are different, but overall the food is great and the owner is wonderful.

Oddly, definitely order the tiramisu.  It's possibly the best tiramisu I've ever had.  Yes, at a Chinese restaurant!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nasochkas. Show Nasochkas's posts

I can't believe the Globe did not feature China Sky in Winchester.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agbunny. Show agbunny's posts

New Garden in Needham! The best Chinese restaurant! Extremely tasty and very reasonable priced.