Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BookooLaChazunga. Show BookooLaChazunga's posts

Re: Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?

Tiki Island in Medford is the best

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambone1. Show hambone1's posts

In Response to Re: Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?:
    [QUOTE]Mary Chungs on Mass Ave, Cambridge.   Been a favorite for over two decades.  I always will make the 45 minute trip for Suan la Chow Show and Dun Dun Noodles... oh, and some Spicy Greenbeans. 
    Posted by TractorGirl[/QUOTE]

Mary's is the best szechuan hands down in the metro Boston area.  

I love the spicy tofu chicken velvet, saun la chow chow and the dun dun noodles most of all.

The location could not be any better too!  Right in the heart of central square.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambone1. Show hambone1's posts

[QUOTE]The fact that PF Chang's, a national chain, was included in this list is a joke. You couldn't find one more decent place? Here's three: Eighty Eight in Winchester (take-out only but it is GOOD), Golden Ginger in Tewksbury (can dine-in and is overall a great place), and Cathay Center in Weymouth. MMM, LOCAL ESTABLISHMENTS.
    Posted by jimax_300[/QUOTE]

I agree.  

It $uck$ and was obviously included to toss a bone to the numbnut suburbanites readers who are unlucky enough, or have the poor taste, to actually think that is chinese food.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambone1. Show hambone1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area? : i ate there recently and thought it was awful. definitely past its prime. I would avoid this place.
    Posted by H20TownBob[/QUOTE]

Bull.

The food is as good as ever and it is the best szechuan in the Boston metro area.  Ask any MIT student, they know. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dazzler. Show dazzler's posts

Tsangs
    Hanover, MA

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fujiwara. Show fujiwara's posts

Can't believe Gourmet Dumpling House on 52 Beech Steet in Chinatown didn't make the list.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

The Great Wall in Bedford is terrific.  The seafod is fresh. Dishes including Kung Pao chicken, sesame beef with broccoli, and shrimp with vegetables are outstanding.  You can't go wrong here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adelie. Show adelie's posts

Sugar Canes in Peabody...excellent food at a decent price

They have a menu that is half Chinese and half Vietnamese and both sides are wonderfull!...must have is the Beef Luc Lac (with onions in an incredible sherry sauce)  mmmmmm

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejamdmph. Show ejamdmph's posts

Tian Fu at 446 Washington Street in Wellesley.  Superb Shanghai cuisine, a smart, sophisticated yet casual decor and it is surprisingly inexpensive.  The owners, John and Li, are such warm and friendly people too.  Parking is easy and it's really a great find.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Abrahamv1. Show Abrahamv1's posts

Maple Leaves on Route 1 in Wells, Maine.  It's better than anyplace I've gone local. The best wonton soup ever.  Great lobster sauce.  My favorite is house special soft wonton.  They have two dishes with wontons.  I like the one with the soft wontons more than the dish with the fried wontons.  I guess I like wonton.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichNBoston. Show RichNBoston's posts

If you like Sichuan food try Sichuan Gourmet on Beacon St. in Brookline. I especially like the Xiang La Fish...very spicyTongue out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichNBoston. Show RichNBoston's posts

[QUOTE]Great China in Reston, VA - some of the best General Tso's Chicken that I have had.  Very tender and good portions.
    Posted by Punisher3[/QUOTE]

Reston, VA-Boston area?!?!  I don't think so.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjballou. Show mjballou's posts

Re: Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area? (MARY CHUNG'S!)

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3a13d5edc2e71d66313cf438efd37f1f&plckUserId=3a13d5edc2e71d66313cf438efd37f1f">
    First: 11/21/2007
    Last: 1/4/2011
    I'm with TractorGirl.  Definitely Mary Chung's in Central Square.  My favorite.  Used to be a regular haunt of mine when I lived in Quincy, North Quincy, and Dorchester (EASILY accessible on the Red Line on my way to Harvard Coop Bookstore).  Mary's was closed due to the bad weather when I tried to visit last week (I no longer lve in the area).  I so much wanted the Dun Dun Noodles and Suan La Chow Show.  Oh well, better luck next time !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from berryjooks. Show berryjooks's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area? : I agree.   It $uck$ and was obviously included to toss a bone to the numbnut suburbanites readers who are unlucky enough, or have the poor taste, to actually think that is chinese food.  
    Posted by hambone1[/QUOTE]

Wow, pretty harsh stuff. Some of us numb nut suburbanites have spent more time in Asia than we care to think about, and have eaten everything from rabbit to spoiled cabbage. Mmm, mmm, pasty white rice and fried carp, chased with a shot glass of sour liquid yogurt for breakfast, now that's authentic.

Americanized Chinese food has been around since the railroad workers came here in the 19th century, and is what it is because the recipes are based on available local ingredients. They adapted, and I'm so glad they did.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdat11. Show jdat11's posts

[QUOTE]Bernard's @ the Mall @ Chestnut Hill - none better!!!
    Posted by moongrl[/QUOTE]
    Bernards or Chau Chau in china town take the top prize.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jelockhart. Show jelockhart's posts

Great Wall in Bedford Massachusetts

Great food and great owners! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton_Corgi. Show Brighton_Corgi's posts

Peach Farm in Chinatown is the best.  Anyone who's been there will tend to agree, but then again they are busy so it's no secret.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizzy64. Show lizzy64's posts

The Milford Mandarin is the best Chinese food in the MetroWest.  Everything is fresh and cooked to order.  They also offer delicious sushi in a sparkling clean restaurant.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from imart5. Show imart5's posts

Its Yum Mee in the south end!

No seriuosly there is no good chinese food in Boston, and no places I'd want to eat from unless you like rat fon du

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from alienlifeforcecube. Show alienlifeforcecube's posts

most americans have a palate for "fast food" chinese.  many of the places on this list cater to that.  i think bernard's does a good job with some of their specials in serving a more authentic style of chinese food but still falls short.

if you want a real non-"fast food" experience, try "shangri-la" in belmont, and order the more adventurous dishes.  there are plenty of standard items on the menu too if you go with others who won't eat jellyfish, sea cucumber with tripe, and crispy intestine.  excellent food.

also, the best szechuan food in all of boston is "sichuan gourmet".  there are now 3 locations - billerica, framingham, and brookline - and is by far the most authentic szechuan in the area.  i go every 2 weeks or so for the dried chicken with chili and the beef with spicy chili sauce.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjp110261. Show rjp110261's posts

You have to try New Hong Kong on Washington St. at Oak Sq in Brighton. No matter the size of the order, it's delivered fast and hot within 10-15 minutes. They have a great selection. My fav is the Pork / Scallions / Ginger.Laughing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from govchecker. Show govchecker's posts

China Blossom in North Andover.  Benn eating Richard Yee's food for almost 50 years!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalee09. Show lalee09's posts

Gourmet Dumpling House in Chinatown is amazing, and the dumplings at Wang's are the best in town by a mile.   You can go and pick up a frozen bag of 50 for 13 bucks, and then have dumplings when ever you want at home (like I just had for lunch).   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from barnaby2. Show barnaby2's posts

[QUOTE]Alice's Mandarin Taste in Sharon is fantastic!
    Posted by muttonking[/QUOTE]

Yes yes yes!!!! Alice's scallion pancakes are the best!

25. This post has been removed.