Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Froman13. Show Froman13's posts

Re: Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?

Sechuan Gourmet. Really good food, both spicey and not.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrBostonia. Show MrBostonia's posts

1. Billy Tse Revere- I think kowloons first chef broke off to open this place 2. China Sky Winchester -so good they don't deliver 3. Golden Palace Belmont - great fried Rice!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WilliamINCambridge. Show WilliamINCambridge's posts

Hong Kong in Cambridge??? Really LOL. That is absurd. I think if you are drunk and unaware it might taste OK. That is why it is full of drunk students everytime I have been. The food is not good. How about Zoe's in Cambridge/Somerville near Porter. I believe Boston.com has mentioned it as a top destination before. How did Hong Kong get on the list before Zoe's. Makes no sense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WilliamINCambridge. Show WilliamINCambridge's posts

In Response to Re: Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?:

Zoe's is not closed, it was being remodeled and is open. And thanks for mentioning it, it is one of the better Chinese in the Cambridge Somerville area (and most people I know agree) and so much better than some of the places mentioned on this list. Boston.com actually said it was a top choice in the past, so I don't know how they missed it this time and ended up with the Hong Kong on the list. I can't finish the food at the Hong Kong because it is of low quality. Zoe's is BY FAR SUPERIOR to the Hong Kong. I also like Zoe's better than ChangSho, but at least someone would have the right to argue over that.
    SHAME ON BOSTON.COM, I DON'T KNOW ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND THAT WOULD EAT THE FOOD FROM THE HONG KONG OVER ZOE'S.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WilliamINCambridge. Show WilliamINCambridge's posts

Thanks Yelp, you reminded me that Qing Dao Garden in Cambridge (near Arlington line on Masss Ave) is another one that was missed. It is the 2nd best Yelp rated in Cambridge (and we have a ton of them). It is a plain shop, white walls and several tables. They have DELICIOUS chinese food, authetic and american style. A great place for a low-key, low maintenance, weekday semi-early relationship date when you want to show off your simple side. BTW, Zoe's came in at 5th best in Somerville.

With all the Chinese places around here, to come in the top ten you know it will be very good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PoochMaster. Show PoochMaster's posts

The Royal Dynasty in Wilmington has the juiciest, most delicious pork strips, the spiciest General Gau Chicken, the most awesome Mai Tai drinks, the tastiest Beef Teriyaki, the friendliest service, the quickest take-out...I can't wait to go again...see ya there!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fritos. Show fritos's posts

All Seasons Table in Malden. Great food, great atmosphere, Live Jazz! Tongue Out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsgang1. Show samsgang1's posts

Gourmet Garden in Swampscott.  Wonderful Chinese, Japanese, sushi and a new Hibachi option.  Eat in, take-out and delivery.  Not inexpensive but well worth the price.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JPCBOS. Show JPCBOS's posts

NO list for Boston Chinese is complete without New Shanghai

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyDaye. Show SonnyDaye's posts

Recently discovered the Peony Gourmet in Norwood. We were astounded by the quality and presentation of the food. For decades we believed that to get the "real thing" you have to go into Boston's Chinatown. We are so thrilled to have stumbled on this restaurant and hope the word gets around so they will be successful and around for many many years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dontwannascreenname. Show dontwannascreenname's posts

China Blossom in North Andover - traditional and tasty.

Sushi Time in Plaistow, NH - great service, the best sushi, and a fun place to eat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulccarr. Show paulccarr's posts

First I'd like to begin by opposing your use of the Phantom Gourmet for this feature, which I skipped over. Their shtick has nothing to do with gourmet anything and everything to do with huckstering for vein-clogging, who-has-the-fattest burger and pepperoniest pizza slice in the land. One more word for these jokers: Kowloon. This is the gold standard brand in the Andelman franchise for Chinese food. My vote: Lotus Blossom in Sudbury.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBod. Show TheBod's posts

Tiki Inn in Watertown!!!  I assume it must be in this list already many times....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from drath18. Show drath18's posts

(Original) KING FUNG GARDEN
    74 Kneeland St.
    Boston, MA

The small, nondescript location belies the best authentic Chinese food experience in Chinatown.
    I've been going here for 25 years.
    Dave Rath

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FransBevy. Show FransBevy's posts

Peony Pavilion, Dedham.  Freshest vegetables with great, basic Chinese-American cooking.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuckorrlou. Show chuckorrlou's posts

Oriental in Woburn

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lccprez. Show lccprez's posts

Billy Tse in Revere and Boston - Billy was not at Kowloon - he was the GM of Weylu's and a part owner before Rick Chang ran it into the ground.
    The best salt and pepper shrimp and thin, crispy Scallion pancakes. His selection of Thai is very good as well as his Sushi bar in Boston.
    Billy is the best host in Boston and a great guy - even if he only has 9.5 fingers!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunkerhillst. Show bunkerhillst's posts

grad your girl get on the 92(bus)go to speedy chens in charlestown all you can eat tonight 9.99 per person, ladys eat for free tonight.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from owebb4. Show owebb4's posts

Lilac Blossom in Nashua NH, just 40 minutes north of Boston.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gitelman. Show Gitelman's posts

Spicepepper Garden in Acton on Rt 2A just beyond the rotary at the Concord prison is a hidden gem if you like spicy Sechuan food.  Forget about the sushi and all that other faux food they serve. The Sechuan food here is the real deal - authentic flavors of China that I can vouch for having been to China. Explore the menu.  Order anything that you've never heard of before. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from azredsoxfan2. Show azredsoxfan2's posts

I HAVEN'T LIVED IN BOSTON SINCE 1989 BUT MY 2 FAVORITES WERE AKU AKU IN CAMBRIDGE AND LANAI ISLAND IN WAKEFIELD, I'M SURE BOTH OF THEM ARE GONE BY NOW.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR AND GO PATS !!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nuriel. Show nuriel's posts

hands down, Grand Chau Chow on Beech St on Chinatown.
    Biggest fresh Oysters I have ever seen in my life
    The Spicy, Salted Shrimp are enormous and so addictive
    The Spicy Lobster plate is enough lobster for 3 people, easy!
    All the seafood is steamed, and even the seafood freid rice doesnt leave you feeling bloated and gross

I have been to many of the places listed in the article, and not one of them can hold a candle to Grand Chau Chow- not even close!  Uniquely great...I used to think, 'all chinese food the saem'...this place immediately changed my attitude, but also spoiled me.
    On top of all that:  CHEAP as He11!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bluidshay. Show Bluidshay's posts

At work: Great Chow in Wallaston MA.
    At home: Cheng Du in Mansfield MA or Quan's Kitchen in Mansfield, North Attleboro and I think they now have one in Weymouth MA.
    Who are these people who recommend Cathay Pacific????

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from atjazz. Show atjazz's posts

I miss Carl's Pagoda. He had the best mix of Asian preparation of both Eastern and Western Favorites. His tomato soup; filet mignon, ginger lobster were just classics. When he died the restaurant tried to stay open but without him -- wasn't the same. Today's medal goes to Bernard Leung who puts any other eatery of Asian fare to shame.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts