Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sagadiggityday. Show sagadiggityday's posts

Re: Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?

Dragon Chef in Roslindale
    Great food and excellent service
    Their spicy chicken wings are amazing!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffhovis. Show jeffhovis's posts

Dumpling Cafe in Boston, Chinatown (Washington Street) -- newcomer, Taiwanese style foods, light and fresh!

Defintely try their soup dumpings (Xiao Long Bao) -- with pork and crabmeat stuffing!

http:/www.dumplingcafe.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Double-T. Show Double-T's posts

In Response to Re: Your favorite Chinese food in the Boston area?:
    [QUOTE]I have several favorites (in no particular order): Chinatown (Stoughton) Golden Temple (Brookline) CK Shanghai (Wellesley) Bernard's (Chestnut Hill) Every meal I've eaten at all four of these restaurants has always been good if not excellent.  I definitely recommend the ribs at Chinatown and Golden Temple.  The Chilean Sea Bass at Bernard's is excellent (along with pretty much everything else).  The General Tsao's Shrimp at CK Shanghai is not to be missed!
    Posted by mike_cohen20[/QUOTE]

I agree with......CK Shanghai (Wellesley)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jscucchiara18. Show jscucchiara18's posts

Any suggestions for Ashland, MA?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dubeau78. Show dubeau78's posts

Yangtze River in Lexington. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zenguy1965. Show zenguy1965's posts

Fresh Taste of Asia in downtown Salem MA...always fresh food and great drinks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeol. Show jeol's posts

The best today is a small place in Reading named Oye. When you can't decide if you want Chinese, Japanese or Korean - this is the place to go.

My ATF has been gone for many years now - Carl's Pagoda in Chinatown. I long for the Carl's Soup, Carl's Steak, Carl's Fish and of course, Carl's special rice.Cry

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rogersmithiii. Show rogersmithiii's posts

I used to do contract work at Polaroid, and was one day looking at some code written for a Dec VAX system.  A few pages in, the rem statements started quoting Bruce Springsteen lyrics instead of descriptions of the underlying subroutines.  Since a college friend of mine was one of the DEC guys who wrote the code, I called him to ask what the heck I was reading. 

He told me that he and his fellow DEC contractors used to head over to lunch at the Royal Hawaian in Burlington for pupu platters, and Scorpion Bowls.  After plowing through a pile of deep fried pupu, and a couple of Scorpion Bowls apiece, they'd head back to Polaroid to write code until 2 or 3 in the morning.  With their brains swimming in MSG and alcohol, they came up with the bright idea of inserting Bruce Springsteen lyrics into Polaroid's code, knowing full well that the Polaroid guys would never be looking at the final product. 

The amazing thing was that although all of the documentation statements were ASCAP violations, the code was the best I've ever seen.  High praise for MIT and WPI students, and the booze / pupu from the Royal.  Maybe the fact that the Royal Hawaiian closed accounts for the sorry state of software development these days.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonguy13. Show bostonguy13's posts

Szechuan Garden in Medway has great food and the scorpion bowls aren't bad either!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portiaperu. Show portiaperu's posts

Further out metrowest way, Lotus Blossom on Route 20 in Sudbury is a good choice.  

There are many good restaurants mentioned in these comments, choosing one depends on how far you wish to travel or where you happen to be at any given time.

Perhaps that last statement is obvious . . . .  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsboyz. Show patsboyz's posts

Happy Ending BangBang room in Quincy has great chinese food.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthonya1962. Show anthonya1962's posts

How about some classics from the past:
    -Joyce Chen in Cambridge
    -Bob Lee's Islander in Chinatown
    -Dave Wong's China Saila - Danvers, Salem, Chestnut Hill
    -Dragon Villa - Medford
    -Bo-Bo's in Ball Square Somerville
    -Johnny Yee's/ Lake Palace - Pembroke
    -Aku Aku Cambridge and other locations
    -Ho Sai Gai - West Roxbury
    -Forbidden City - Cambridge
    -Lanai Island - Walthan

C'mon lets get the memory banks in gear and keep the classics going

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmdconboy. Show tmdconboy's posts

[QUOTE]Great China in Reston, VA - some of the best General Tso's Chicken that I have had.  Very tender and good portions.
    Posted by Punisher3[/QUOTE]

Might be cold by the time it got to Boston though...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from erinwm. Show erinwm's posts

Asian Gormet (Chinese/Japanese) on route 2 in Concord is surprisingly good.  Lots of really great places in the Amherst-Northampton area.  Unfortunately, I have yet to find a good place on the North Shore (where I live).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lindu. Show Lindu's posts

Quan's Kitchen in Weymouth. Take out only.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmdconboy. Show tmdconboy's posts

[QUOTE]I used to do contract work at Polaroid, and was one day looking at some code written for a Dec VAX system.  A few pages in, the rem statements started quoting Bruce Springsteen lyrics instead of descriptions of the underlying subroutines.  Since a college friend of mine was one of the DEC guys who wrote the code, I called him to ask what the heck I was reading.  He told me that he and his fellow DEC contractors used to head over to lunch at the Royal Hawaian in Burlington for pupu platters, and Scorpion Bowls.  After plowing through a pile of deep fried pupu, and a couple of Scorpion Bowls apiece, they'd head back to Polaroid to write code until 2 or 3 in the morning.  With their brains swimming in MSG and alcohol, they came up with the bright idea of inserting Bruce Springsteen lyrics into Polaroid's code, knowing full well that the Polaroid guys would never be looking at the final product.  The amazing thing was that although all of the documentation statements were ASCAP violations, the code was the best I've ever seen.  High praise for MIT and WPI students, and the booze / pupu from the Royal.  Maybe the fact that the Royal Hawaiian closed accounts for the sorry state of software development these days.
    Posted by rogersmithiii[/QUOTE]

right

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

Took me awhile to think.....
    but one of the Old Favorite Classics was:
    "Golden Buddha", Revere/Malden line
    That place was great.......
    also - August Moon in Revere...
    Kowloon....
    Weylu's....
    and most places in Chinatown downtown......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mayor-of-JP. Show Mayor-of-JP's posts

Myers and Chang, of course.  Lemony shrimp dumplings. Spicy tofu w/kimchee and pork. Yum!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from atjazz. Show atjazz's posts

Hands down -- the thumbs up goes to Bernard's. It is not just a chinese restaurant, but fine food prepared in an Asian style. Superb and Bernard himself may be th emost gracious host of them all.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Recifense. Show Recifense's posts

You want good Chinese food in North America?  Go to Toronto or to Main Street in Queens, NY.  Boston's not the place for Chinese food.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arachne. Show Arachne's posts

[QUOTE]How about some classics from the past: -Joyce Chen in Cambridge -Bob Lee's Islander in Chinatown -Dave Wong's China Saila - Danvers, Salem, Chestnut Hill -Dragon Villa - Medford -Bo-Bo's in Ball Square Somerville -Johnny Yee's/ Lake Palace - Pembroke -Aku Aku Cambridge and other locations -Ho Sai Gai - West Roxbury -Forbidden City - Cambridge -Lanai Island - Walthan C'mon lets get the memory banks in gear and keep the classics going
    Posted by anthonya1962[/QUOTE]

Hey, thanks for remembering China Sails!!  I grew up in Salem and CS was the only place to go for Chinese (literally).  IN both Salem and Danvers, it lives on as Fantasy Island.  Had Christmas dinner at the Salem location last year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arachne. Show Arachne's posts

[QUOTE]Su Chang's in Peabody
    Posted by BK20[/QUOTE]

Love Su Chang's.  My fave place on North Shore.  The interior decor is a nice change from what you see in the majority of Chinese restaurants.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from spyke65. Show spyke65's posts

Dah Hee in Everett!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from spyke65. Show spyke65's posts

..also Ocean Wok in Hampton Beach, NH

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from goldbergjeffrey. Show goldbergjeffrey's posts

Oh how I miss the original Golden Gate restaurant in Chinatown.

But some of my faves now...
    Su Chang's is good stuff...love the tofu and minced shrimp.
    Bamboo in Dedham...food is tasty and the service is friendly.
    Dragon Chef in Needham...How can one resist one of the top 100 best specialty take out Chinese restaurants in the country?

Sections
Shortcuts