Your favorite pizza pie in Greater Boston?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nca. Show nca's posts

Re: Your favorite pizza pie in Greater Boston?

I usually agree w/ the food rankings on Boston.com but I can't believe Leones in Somerville was left off the list - they are the best!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chloe-OBrien. Show Chloe-OBrien's posts

The Paddock in Somerville has awesome pizza.  Also, Santucci's in Norwood is excellent. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rduby. Show rduby's posts

What a grievous error not including Town Spa Pizza in Stoughton!  Individual size pies that tower above the fancy schmancy broccoli rabe pizzas of the South End!  Broccoli rabe?  Who puts broccoli on a pizza???  Pepperoni, Sausage, Mushrooms, Onions!  Those belong on pizza!  Not figs!  Town Spa's atmosphere and pizza is no frills - and that makes it the BEST OF BOSTON!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinopino. Show pinopino's posts

If you like thin crust, the best pizza is Stone Hearth Pizza (Mass. Ave, near Porter Sq).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebs365. Show Rebs365's posts

Pinocchios in Harvard Square.  Best sicilian pie you can get.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ted109. Show ted109's posts

On th SoSho, often stuck with franchise pizza and greek HOP's, which serve their purpose, but a classic not so much.

Rocco's in Hanover fits the bill.  Year old or less, pizza in the style of regina/santarpio's, plus they have some well appointed gourmet styles.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from v057296. Show v057296's posts

I like Regina's in the North End but it's kind of turned into a tourist trap.  For my Money, Santarpios is the best  Pie in Boston.   For the Burbs I would have to go with the 400 Club Plus in Framingham.. Excellent Pizza and you don't have to worry about paying for parking.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennyd. Show jennyd's posts

How is La Hacienda in Somerville never mentioned?  They also have the most amazing Quahogs ever....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joelhayden. Show joelhayden's posts

You have not had pizza unless you have tried the Gormet style Buffalo Chicken from Stalex in Dorchester. The combonation of the sauce and jalopenoes along with the perfect crust will change your life.

If you live in Dorchester, call up an order tonight.

Be honest, when you want pizza, you dont want spinich and brocolli. You want greasy goodness.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Riverview Pizza in Ipswich....not quite the Greater Boston area, but still wicked good pizza.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tnieers. Show tnieers's posts

Wow, judging by these restaurants, it's pretty obvious that Devra First, the author, doesn't even know what a pizza is supposed to be.. What most of these restaurants serve don't even look like the pizzas I enjoy. A good pizza does not need those exotic toppings, or any super thin or super crispy crust.. The problem with most restaurants these days is that they try to make their own version of the pizza stand out from all the others, but you can't beat a plain old New York style pizza. I've tried many of the restaurants reviewed here, but I haven't been to any of them more than once... I love going to New York for a good slice, and the closest I've seen to a good New York pizza is New York Pizza at Mass Ave and Columbus.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PistolPete1. Show PistolPete1's posts

Try "Sal's of the North End" pizza in the suburbs.  Their 19-inch, 3-lb cheese pie is only $9.99, and is AWESOME.  It is the only pizza we get.  Oh, and go in and get a 'slice' of pie from them, their 'slices' are 1/4 of the pie!  Great stuff, fresh dough, sauce that is not 'sweet'...  love the stuff

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ensoul. Show ensoul's posts

bostone pizza on newbury street is great. Suprised it did not make the list.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cojo8. Show Cojo8's posts

We are transplanted Bostonians living in Jupiter, FL - we have traveled to many places in the world including Italy and the pizza we love best is at Prince ("Leaning Tower of Pizza") on Rte. 1 in Saugus.  The eggplant pizza is to die for.  The crust is perfect and there's always the right amount of cheese.  We never miss an opportunity to visit when we are in town and we always beg them to PLEASE open a Prince Pizza in Jupiter!!!  Belissimo!!!   The Johnson's in Jupiter

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from greg5209. Show greg5209's posts

Pinnochio's!  Like Rebs said, best Sicilian around.  How could this be left off!

And I'm sorry, but Stoughton is stretching the definition of Greater Boston just a liiittle bit. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RT75. Show RT75's posts

there are definitely some good place listed in the article and these other readers.... but what about Angelina's in Teele Sq in Somerville?  NaNa's in Malden?  T-Anthony's near BU? Pinnochio's in Harvard Square?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

I dislike "what is the best" topics. It is a matter of ones taste. When people say a place is the best, I always wonder how many places they have been. Regina's in the North End makes a good pizza. Their franchises do not compare to the original. Santarpio's is good but has gone down in quality recently. Sometimes I like the standard Margherita. Other times a like a lot of different items on my pizza. Most of the time I make my own pizza from scratch. My friends like my pesto and sliced tomato pizza best. Eggplant is my favorite. I use instant yeast and can have a pizza on the table in less than an hour.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reader001. Show Reader001's posts

Devra, did you NOT go to Pinocchio's? You must not have ever been there, or you wouldn't have left it off your list. Best Sicilian; try the spinach.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 677. Show 677's posts

In Response to Re: Your favorite pizza pie in Greater Boston?:
    [QUOTE]What a grievous error not including Town Spa Pizza in Stoughton!  Individual size pies that tower above the fancy schmancy broccoli rabe pizzas of the South End!  Broccoli rabe?  Who puts broccoli on a pizza???  Pepperoni, Sausage, Mushrooms, Onions!  Those belong on pizza!  Not figs!  Town Spa's atmosphere and pizza is no frills - and that makes it the BEST OF BOSTON!
    Posted by rduby[/QUOTE]

Spa was thebest, haven't you noticed they don't quite taste the same as they did a couple years ago?  Frozen?

Denenos in Stoughton is the real deal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeff3851. Show jeff3851's posts

Haymarket Pizza is addictive even tho it sometimes droops!  Big slices were a buck for about 25 years - last year they raised the price to $1.25!  Maybe the best value in Boston - and absolutely delicious!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beso. Show Beso's posts

In Response to Re: Your favorite pizza pie in Greater Boston?:
    [QUOTE]The Paddock in Somerville has awesome pizza.  Also, Santucci's in Norwood is excellent. 
    Posted by Chloe-OBrien[/QUOTE]

Ahh...Leone's and The paddock..very good choices, indeed.  My favorite is Umberto's and Regina.  Why do people think Regina's is a tourist trap...because it has a line?  Tourist traps are outrageously expensive and bad...that's not the original Regina's to me. 

And what exactly is New York style pizza?  New York did not invent thin crust pizza...how is Regina, Satarpio's, Pinnochio's different than the oh so magnificant "New York style pizza"? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from theredmachine. Show theredmachine's posts

Louies in woburn. Pizza that tastes like its italian, not some of this americanised junk.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeff3851. Show jeff3851's posts

Haymarket Pizza is addictive.  Also, an amazing value at 1.25 a slice and about 7. for a whole large pie.  At lunch you'll find truckers next to lawyers woofing down delicious slices while standing outside amongst the pigeons!!  ;-)  The crust is near perfect (sorry, Devra, it sometimes droops a bit) and the sauce has a flavor that just tingles the tastebuds.  If you haven't tried it, get down there NOW!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheLongestTime. Show TheLongestTime's posts

Same Old Place in JP

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommentingNow. Show CommentingNow's posts

Agree with poster who scoffed at the exoctic toppings.  Pizza should not be too fancy. 

Pino's sicilian, when done right, is perfect.  Their thin crust is not like Regina's.  Picco's is okay.