1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox197785. Show redsox197785's posts

Re: Your favorite pizza pie in Greater Boston?

In Response to Re: Your favorite pizza pie in Greater Boston?:
    [QUOTE]Any Queens NY corner pizza place. Boston still has not perfected pizza. And there are still no garlic knots. W T F ????
    Posted by MANGOTWO[/QUOTE]
    Blah blah blah.  I've had NY Pizza.  It's great but no better or worse than a place like Regina's.  Just stop it already.  And Papa Jack's in Everett has great garlic knots .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TabbieR7. Show TabbieR7's posts

Woody's is considered the Fenway, not the South End.  Great pizza though!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dsve. Show dsve's posts

Pino's is the absolute best pizza bar none; especially Prest'os....please!

Pino's has the right blend of cheese and sauce taste combined with the perfect crust....just thinkin' about is making my mouth water....gotta go for a slice; bye!!

Dave

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsboyz. Show patsboyz's posts

Sadly, there are absolutely no Italian pizza places in Quincy.  It's basically Dominoes and Greek pizza joints.  I live in North Quincy and there are no good pizza places at all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kshaw75. Show kshaw75's posts

Actually the best place I've found for pizza is up on the North Shore.  Small little hole in the wall called the Riverview in downtown Ipswich.  Prices are amazingly cheap, and all they serve is pizza!  One size only, and they have a full bar.  Totally worth the drive! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Binieris. Show Binieris's posts

Leone's in Somerville, respec...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tsorfanosaj. Show tsorfanosaj's posts

Tavolo in Dorchester has GREAT pizza!  Check it 
    1918 Dorchester Ave

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from insideout1234. Show insideout1234's posts

Linwood Pizza in Holbrook, MA (south about 20 minutes).
    THE BEST bar pizza you will EVER have.
    Have to order it at least 2 hrs ahead.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dulgar. Show dulgar's posts

Stella's Pizza in Watertown on Mt Auburn St (near the cambridge line) for thin crust in a landslide, Pinnochio's for cicilian

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southie77. Show southie77's posts

Best Pizza (thin crust) - Regina's (original location in North End)

Best bar style -Lynwood Cafe in Randolph (and 80s Tip Top Pizza in Brockton)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Brown Jug in Chelsea.  Total dive and hole in the wall, been around forever, but makes the best pizza!  Cheap too!  Cheese pizza, pitcher of beer for $12.95.  Also love Nana's Pizza in Everett

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mmmoussa. Show mmmoussa's posts

I agree on Lynwood Cafe.  Great pizza and dirt cheap.  Also, not sure if anyone has mentioned Flatbread in Bedford.  Really good pulled pork pizza.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nealro. Show nealro's posts

If you go north, Capri pizza in Reading is the best.  Consistently great every time.  It is a lot like Pizzeria Regina.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from violanorkus. Show violanorkus's posts

[QUOTE]Brown Jug in Chelsea.  Total dive and hole in the wall, been around forever, but makes the best pizza!  Cheap too!  Cheese pizza, pitcher of beer for $12.95.  Also love Nana's Pizza in Everett
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antuare. Show antuare's posts

Nana's Pizza on Main St in Everett is as good as any place in Boston. Their Sicilian tray pizza is unbeatable. Their thin crust is great as well.

www.NanasEverett.com

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattie827. Show mattie827's posts

HALFTIME?!?!....how could that be left off the list??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fignewton11. Show fignewton11's posts

I would eat the rubber tires off the bike from Uppercrust delivery guy than eat that pizza ever again! I think he got hit by a car on the way to our delivery.  The food was cold and the sauce tasted like the stop and shop store brand!!! If you want real pizza go to Santarpio's!!! This is a no frills pizza place.  Best Pizza in Boston hands down!!!!  Don't get caught in the tourist trap of Regina Pizzeriz. I think I could make a better english muffin pizza than this place. 

Just my opinion.......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from markjperry. Show markjperry's posts

Lynwood Cafe in Randolph of course, then in a close second Town Spa in Stoughton

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from flavioandmarita. Show flavioandmarita's posts

Does the Globe think pizza doesn't exist in Dorchester?  Spukies in Dorchester Lower Mills makes the best Special pizza EVER!  I live in Kentucky now and good pizza like Spukies makes doesn't exist here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WoburnPaulie. Show WoburnPaulie's posts

paulsomer100 Hey man, it's old school Italian to call a pizza a "pie". For you to intimate that anyone other than a New Yorker to call it that is moronic. I'm an Italian American from Woburn, Mass. and there are many old school Italinas who call it that. Granted, as time has gone on it's just called pizza but you dismiss old fashioned lingo so much as to call it pretty much "unknowledgable?" You come across as an arrogant jerk.

The best pizza ypu will ever taste, other than the REgina in Bopston, is Louies pizza PIE in WOBURN!  If I'm wrong you can bill me. I'm serious. You will be blown away! The SouthEnd of Woburn...LOUIES...Do yourselves a favor. And I swear I have no affiliation with this place other than I grew up as a kid in the projects there and my God what a great childhood. Oh, and by the way, PIE!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WoburnPaulie. Show WoburnPaulie's posts

correction: "the REgina in Bopston" = The Pizzeria Regina in Boston...and by PIE I really meant PIE!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfcsoto. Show gfcsoto's posts

DaCoopas Pizza..... in east boston for over 40 years.......always in the backdrop of the place thats been there for 100 ........wins best of citysearch 2 years in a row .....and not on THE LIST.......come on!...... this place even make pizza for visiting nba and nhl teams..(cant mention the teams)..........but  ask Rasheed wallace when he gets here :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from antuare. Show antuare's posts

[QUOTE]there are definitely some good place listed in the article and these other readers.... but what about Angelina's in Teele Sq in Somerville?  NaNa's in Malden?  T-Anthony's near BU? Pinnochio's in Harvard Square?
    Posted by RT75[/QUOTE]

That would be Nana's on Main St in Everett, 617-389-NANA, check it out should be Boston's Best! How this place misses major reviews is beyond me!!! They gave away like 1000 FREE pizzas a couple months ago and no one in the media picked it up!
    www.NanasEverett.com

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Southie911. Show Southie911's posts

By far the best pizza in Mass is in a little dive in the wall called Venus Cafe in Whitman MA. Best pizza hands down a shame it hasnt been mentioned which is a complete tragedy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NativeBos. Show NativeBos's posts

Re: Pie vs Pizza- A Bostonian's usage of "Pie" indicates the possible presence of a Yankees fan

Pie (NYC), Pizza (Boston)
    Not a representative sample I know, but a quick scan of the menus and/or web sites for Santarpio's, Regina's, and Armando's in Cambridge failed to uncover the word "pie".  Now note the entry from the web site of Lombardi's in NYC:
    "Lombardi's was the first American pizzeria. Pizza didn't gain its popularity until just after World War II, but Lombardi's, opened by Gennaro Lombardi, began selling pizza in New York City in 1905, so you might say Gennaro is the father of American pizza. Lombardi's was originally a grocery store, but it soon became a popular stop for workers looking for something to take to work for lunch. Gennaro started selling tomato pies, which were wrapped in paper and tied with a string, and the many workers of Italian descent would take them to the job site. Most could not afford the entire pie..."

Sections
Shortcuts