Your favorite pizza pie in Greater Boston?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctx126. Show ctx126's posts

Re: Your favorite pizza pie in Greater Boston?

Hands down the best pizza in Boston is Regina's. It tastes so much like New York pizza in many ways, it is uncanny.

Other then that you have to leave the state to find good pizza, and I noticed that pizza doesnt get good again till you hit at least Hartford, CT, south all the way to the pizza capital of the world - New York.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

I know it is a matter of taste, but to say Prince is better than any that you had in Italy has to be a stretch. Italy has a big advantage over most American places because of the ovens.
    In Response to Re: Your favorite pizza pie in Greater Boston?:
    [QUOTE]We are transplanted Bostonians living in Jupiter, FL - we have traveled to many places in the world including Italy and the pizza we love best is at Prince ("Leaning Tower of Pizza") on Rte. 1 in Saugus.  The eggplant pizza is to die for.  The crust is perfect and there's always the right amount of cheese.  We never miss an opportunity to visit when we are in town and we always beg them to PLEASE open a Prince Pizza in Jupiter!!!  Belissimo!!!   The Johnson's in Jupiter
    Posted by Cojo8[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrWyMi. Show BrWyMi's posts

Pinocchio's or Umberto's for Sicilian.

Thin crust it's all about Ernesto's.

No mention of Haymarket?  Good cheap slices there, not the most amazing, but a great deal.

Regina is way over rated, Stone Hearth too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coorslight. Show coorslight's posts

Louie's Pizza In Woburn (118 Main St) is the best pizza in Eastern Massachusetts PERIOD..  Over 50 years in business...all they sell is Pizza (Italian Style)..call early because they sell out every night....the freshest toppings. I recommend the Linguica & Olive, but the Louie's Special is unbelievable too.  The place is old school...none of the fancy stuff, just great pizza every time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hfb70. Show hfb70's posts

Il Panino Express in Cambridge!!! They make their own mozarella. Stagioni is the best!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wantstoretire. Show wantstoretire's posts

Primo's Pizza on Broadway, Somerville.
    Delicious traditional pizza.
    Yum.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-real-tom. Show the-real-tom's posts

I don't usually post on these kinds of things because everyone has their favorites and nobody will check out all the spots in the comments, but I swear to you, Brickhouse on Washington St in Brighton is unreal. Without fail, everyone I have been there with agrees that its the best they've had in Boston. Nothing fancy, no arugula and goat cheese over there, just classic NY style slices.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WoburnPaulie. Show WoburnPaulie's posts

theredmachine and coorslight have tasted pizza heaven and IT IS Louies Pizza In Woburn! Ive eaten it since I was a kid in the 60's and it is still unbelievable!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chloe-OBrien. Show Chloe-OBrien's posts

[QUOTE]Primo's Pizza on Broadway, Somerville. Delicious traditional pizza. Yum.
    Posted by jfgriff[/QUOTE]

Primo's?  GROSS!  I'd rather starve than have a pie from Primo's.  Even Mama Lisa's on Broadway is better than Primo's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adawn331. Show adawn331's posts

I love Pisa Pizza in Malden, MA! My boyfriend grew up in Malden and pretty much refuses to go anywhere else for pizza.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pfran31. Show Pfran31's posts

[QUOTE]We are transplanted Bostonians living in Jupiter, FL - we have traveled to many places in the world including Italy and the pizza we love best is at Prince ("Leaning Tower of Pizza") on Rte. 1 in Saugus.  The eggplant pizza is to die for.  The crust is perfect and there's always the right amount of cheese.  We never miss an opportunity to visit when we are in town and we always beg them to PLEASE open a Prince Pizza in Jupiter!!!  Belissimo!!!   The Johnson's in Jupiter
    Posted by Cojo8[/QUOTE]

You have to be kidding me? Yea, if you like frozen pre-made pizza.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bfcohen. Show bfcohen's posts

What about Niccola's in Arlington?  Only pizza place in town owned by real Italians.  Never get tired of their margarita style.  Very good traditional style pizza.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_487500. Show user_487500's posts

First of all, a true Bostonian does NOT call a pizza a 'pie'!!! Where are you from anyway? New Yorkers call it that, not Bostonians. When someone uses the phrase "Pizza Pie" I automatically do NOT take them seriously.

Okay here's my chance to rant about Zing. By far the MOST overrated pizza around! Just a typical gimmick pizza shop with stringy dough and no flavor. DO NOT waste your time here!! By the way, they may want to tell the young college kids who make this pizza to take a shower every once in a while! They are gross looking and make truly bad pizza.

Oh, my favorite pizza shop? Santarpio's, hands down!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheycallmeFlip. Show TheycallmeFlip's posts

DiPietro's in Malden should be on this list.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from violanorkus. Show violanorkus's posts

I don't care for Santarpio's as the pizza is way to greasy and salty... for my money it's Kelly's on Meridian Street, East Boston.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesTho. Show JamesTho's posts

The best pizza definitely comes from Kelly's Pub in East Boston. The place is totally old school with all the decorations and photos on the wall. The pizza is the best too. I can't believe this wasn't visited.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomaser. Show tomaser's posts

I don't understand why STONE HEARTH PIZZA was not included in the article. Their thin crust pizza is definitely the "Best of Boston" in my book. Try any of their offerings, but my all time favorite is the banana peeper and homemade sausage pizza. STONE HEARTH has restaurants in Cambridge, Belmont and Needham. Check out the web site www.Stonehearthpizza.com.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambski. Show lambski's posts

These are all snobby, boutique places.  The best "regular person" pizza in Boston is Halftime Pizza across from the Boston Garden.  And I'm from New Jersey, I know pizza!  Unfortuantely though it's $3.17 for a slice of pepperoni, a rip-off.  They should included a jar of vaseline for that price.  It's good though!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Slack. Show Slack's posts

jonath wrote: "I dislike "what is the best" topics. It is a matter of ones taste."

Agreed.  I lived in the North End for three+ years when in college and became fond of Regina's.  I also worked at the Faneiul Hall store when they had the restaurant downstairs.  It was close to the North End in quality.  As for the frachises, I'm convinced it's the ovens that make the North End the best. 

I'm experimenting with home-made, too.  Do you use a stone?  What kind of
    flour(s) have you tried/like?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jethrotree. Show jethrotree's posts

I've lived all over the country and am now stuck in the midwest.  Hands down the best pizza in the whole country is Town Spa pizza in Stoughton.  Started by Henry the Pizza King something like 50 years ago with his own Greek recipe.  You know it's good when you have it for lunch and you go back for dinner.  They cook it in a pan 1 size only with different toppings.  For a time the local dairy would deliver them frozen and you can still get the frozen ones to go out back(not as good as fresh cooked).  Last time i was in Boston I bought 10 frozen and carried them on the plane back home with me, kinda of a hassle but let me tell you, you've never had any pizza like it.  I've tried to duplicate the method at home but it's in the ingredients and they don't post THAT on the web, at least not that I can find.  Make the trip, it's well worth it

P.S.  If anyone has said recipe, I got a firstborn I'm willing to trade off on!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutbag. Show nutbag's posts

I have to agree with this post - Leone's is one of the best places for pizza and their Sicilian style can not be matched.

[QUOTE]I usually agree w/ the food rankings on Boston.com but I can't believe Leones in Somerville was left off the list - they are the best!
    Posted by nca[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from organic. Show organic's posts

What is over rated is New York Pizza.  I travel to NYC often to visit friends and we always get a slice in one of the many high rated joints.  Though some are indeed good, I have still yet to be impressed given their reputation and find many in Boston and it's environs to be just as good if not better.  For a great no frills slice go to  Bianchis on Revere Beach or Same Ole Place in Jamaica Plain!  The Real Deal also In JP is a cheesey, saucey, tastey crust pizza too!  I agree with Reginas in the North End only is delicious but have not been in a long while.  Mangia and Upper Crust are good current places!     

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

[QUOTE]Hands down the best pizza in Boston is Regina's. It tastes so much like New York pizza in many ways, it is uncanny. Other then that you have to leave the state to find good pizza, and I noticed that pizza doesnt get good again till you hit at least Hartford, CT, south all the way to the pizza capital of the world - New York.
    Posted by ctx126[/QUOTE]

...you mean New Haven! I can think of 3 places in New Haven that are better than anything in New York

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homeduck. Show Homeduck's posts

I agree.  A Santarpios pie well-done with fresh garlic and pepperoni is the best pizza I have ever had.  For some reason Santarpios is a little better on the weekends. Their pizza has a very unique crust and comparing Regina's with Santarpios is a joke.  No contest.  Also lamb tips and in-house stuffed sausage made over coals behind the bar.  Awesome.  In-N-Out Burger is the best fast food restaurant in the world.

[QUOTE]I like Regina's in the North End but it's kind of turned into a tourist trap.  For my Money, Santarpios is the best  Pie in Boston.   For the Burbs I would have to go with the 400 Club Plus in Framingham.. Excellent Pizza and you don't have to worry about paying for parking.   
    Posted by v057296[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

Keep your first born. Greek pizza in the pan has got to be close to the bottom for my taste. They put to much oil in the pan.
    [QUOTE]I've lived all over the country and am now stuck in the midwest.  Hands down the best pizza in the whole country is Town Spa pizza in Stoughton.  Started by Henry the Pizza King something like 50 years ago with his own Greek recipe.  You know it's good when you have it for lunch and you go back for dinner.  They cook it in a pan 1 size only with different toppings.  For a time the local dairy would deliver them frozen and you can still get the frozen ones to go out back(not as good as fresh cooked).  Last time i was in Boston I bought 10 frozen and carried them on the plane back home with me, kinda of a hassle but let me tell you, you've never had any pizza like it.  I've tried to duplicate the method at home but it's in the ingredients and they don't post THAT on the web, at least not that I can find.  Make the trip, it's well worth it P.S.  If anyone has said recipe, I got a firstborn I'm willing to trade off on!!
    Posted by jethrotree[/QUOTE]