Your favorite pizza pie in Greater Boston?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

Re: Your favorite pizza pie in Greater Boston?

I use King Arthur flour. I use a stone when making thin crust and heavy aluminum pan for thick pizza. I also make pizza on the grill. I use milk instead of water when I make thick crust pizza. It has a different texture.
    In Response to Re: Your favorite pizza pie in Greater Boston?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your favorite pizza pie in Greater Boston? : jonath wrote: "I dislike "what is the best" topics. It is a matter of ones taste."   Agreed.  I lived in the North End for three+ years when in college and became fond of Regina's.  I also worked at the Faneiul Hall store when they had the restaurant downstairs.  It was close to the North End in quality.  As for the frachises, I'm convinced it's the ovens that make the North End the best.  I'm experimenting with home-made, too.  Do you use a stone?  What kind of flour(s) have you tried/like?
    Posted by Slack[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homeduck. Show Homeduck's posts

If you take three english muffins and split them in half and put on some tomato paste, garlic salt, and mozzarella cheese and bake in a very hot over, you get "mini pizzas" that are awesome, and very cheap.  A pack of 6 english muffins is about 99 cents and you only use half a pack to get 6 mini pizzas.  I would say about 50 cents worth of cheese and 15 cents worth of tomato sauce.  Where else can you get an awesome meal for about a buck.  You can't even get a weiner from 7-Eleven for that much.  You wont be hungry after eating 6 of these bad boys.

[QUOTE]I use King Arthur flour. I use a stone when making thin crust and heavy aluminum pan for thick pizza. I also make pizza on the grill. I use milk instead of water when I make thick crust pizza. It has a different texture. In Response to Re: Your favorite pizza pie in Greater Boston? :
    Posted by johnath[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from organic. Show organic's posts

I did that when I was a kid and loved it!  Also if you take an english muffin and put a slice or two of american cheese on each slice then put them under the broiler and watch as the cheese puffs and browns but take but remove them before they burn, real yummy!

Response to Re: Your favorite pizza pie in Greater Boston?:
    [QUOTE]If you take three english muffins and split them in half and put on some tomato paste, garlic salt, and mozzarella cheese and bake in a very hot over, you get "mini pizzas" that are awesome, and very cheap.  A pack of 6 english muffins is about 99 cents and you only use half a pack to get 6 mini pizzas.  I would say about 50 cents worth of cheese and 15 cents worth of tomato sauce.  Where else can you get an awesome meal for about a buck.  You can't even get a weiner from 7-Eleven for that much.  You wont be hungry after eating 6 of these bad boys. In Response to Re: Your favorite pizza pie in Greater Boston? :
    Posted by Homeduck[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ron956. Show ron956's posts

From a former Newbury Street resident:

The former Newbury Street Pizza, (now Bostone Pizza), was the essence of pizza in Boston. Angelo had the best pizza in town for years! I just read in the archives of the Globe, (see link below), that he sold out and retired in 2006.
    I hope the new owners carried on his tradition and recipes! Angelo and Newbury Pizza was a fixture on the street for 30 years; Angelo was a terrific guy and his pizza was the best anywhere!

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2006/12/05/a_slice_of_life_dies/
    \

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimklukas. Show jimklukas's posts

reginas, absolutely!  upper crust is SO over-rated and over-priced.  yeah, town spa (stoughton) should have been mentioned.  for local (westwood / norwood), check out islington pizza.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox197785. Show redsox197785's posts

There are like 5 great pizza places in Somerville and they don't even get 1 on the list?  City Slicker's shrimp and bacon pizza:  Hands down the greatest pizza on the planet.  Not even up for debate.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shawzzy21. Show shawzzy21's posts

I think that the list of pizza places should have been larger. this town and area has a lot of good places to get pizza from. Two that were left off the list were Flat bread pizza. and Pushcart Cafe

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimikim1. Show kimikim1's posts

Santarpio's also gets my vote for the best Greater-Boston pizza I've had. I have made a great discovery however, and it's definitely not Greater-Boston, but it is in Mass! Classic Pizza in Brockton, yes you heard that right, has fantastic buffalo chicken pizza (the chicken is grilled, not breaded) with Bermuda onions and a blue cheese sauce. So if you ever find yourself down that way, or just love trying new pizza, check it out! I love pizza, and this one is legit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WoodDogg. Show WoodDogg's posts

Ponochhio's in Harvard Square is amazing and the best.  Try it, you won't be disappointed.  Pizzeria Regina is garbage.  It's a chain, how good can it be?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilikepizza. Show ilikepizza's posts

Cafe Fiore has the best pizza!  It tastes exactly like it does in Italy!
    Also The British Beer Company has great kinds of pizza!  My favorite is "The North End!"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox197785. Show redsox197785's posts

[QUOTE]Ponochhio's in Harvard Square is amazing and the best.  Try it, you won't be disappointed.  Pizzeria Regina is garbage.  It's a chain, how good can it be?
    Posted by Wood_Dogg[/QUOTE]
    ...obviously posted by someone who has only been to A Regina's and not THE Regina's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ftalisman. Show ftalisman's posts

How can one ever consider leaving out Bocelli's Restaurant in South Medford? Monday thru Thursday you can get a full size pizza (it's not a pie!) for a measly $5.99. This pizza is some of the best in New England and you can get outstanding homemade Italian entrees for prices that will leave you smiling. :-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimbar46. Show Jimbar46's posts

[QUOTE]bostone pizza on newbury street is great. Suprised it did not make the list.
    Posted by ensoul[/QUOTE]

Devra did NOT do her homework!  She missed Newbury Street altogether and in particular, BOSTONE PIZZA, probably the Best Sicilian and Neopolitan pizza in Greater Boston.  In the survey there is no space for "other" so it is bogus.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from devinja. Show devinja's posts

Denly's!!!

Regina's Pizzeria in the north end but since I live in the south shore I’d go with Denly Gardens in Weymouth known as Denly’s. You could pick that place up and drop it on Salem St. in the north end and nobody would know the difference. Chow….

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimbar46. Show Jimbar46's posts

Bostone Pizza on Newbury Street between Exeter and Fairfield has the best Sicilian and Neopolitan pizza!...and EXCELLENT, FRIENDLY SERVICE.  How Devra missed Newbury Street is a question her boss should be asking her.  The survey does not give anyone a place to list an "other" so the survey is useless and bogus. Shame on the Boston Globe! If you want great pizza, visit Bostone or one of the other three top pizza parlors in Boston.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

Where have you had pizza in Italy that taste like Cafe Fiore? I go to Italy every other year and have never had a pizza that taste like the pizza here.
    [QUOTE]Cafe Fiore has the best pizza!  It tastes exactly like it does in Italy! Also The British Beer Company has great kinds of pizza!  My favorite is "The North End!"
    Posted by ilikepizza[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MANGOTWO. Show MANGOTWO's posts

Any Queens NY corner pizza place. Boston still has not perfected pizza. And there are still no garlic knots. W T F ????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe45698. Show joe45698's posts

Alumni Cafe in Quincy, same type of bar pizza as Town Spa and the Lynnwood except much better

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

espresso in lowell - you have to request thin crust -- the best and the cheapest -- pizza nirvana -- sam & joes in danvers isn't bad either but small and expensive

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NausetStateOfMind. Show NausetStateOfMind's posts

EXPRESSO PIZZA

Lowell

The best.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

You lose credibility when you use all caps.
    [QUOTE]EXPRESSO PIZZA Lowell The best.
    Posted by MBLowell[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NativeBos. Show NativeBos's posts

What's a "Pie"?  New Yorkers we're not.  To Globe editors- please have your staff undergo localization training...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chesler. Show Chesler's posts

The best pizza in Greater Boston is in the Bronx.

If you can't travel that far, I like Santarpio's, Hi-Fi in Central Sq, Mike's in Davis Sq, and Louie's and My Brother's Place in Woburn.

Given what passes for pizza in most places around here, Homeduck's recipe (English muffin, tomato paste, garlic salt, and mozzarella cheese) is just as good.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffdo. Show jeffdo's posts

1.  Italian pizza?  Realize that "pizza" historically referred to a round piece of bread in Italy.  Cheese and tomato sauce were NOT required, but popular only in an area called Napoli (hence the term Neopolitan pizza). 
    2.  Brocolli is great on pizza.  So is rabe.  Much better than 10 kinds of dead animals people obscenely order on their pizza.  With toppings, less is always more. 
    3.  Another vote for Noke's (Pinnochio's).  Not being on the list pretty much destroys any credibility this survey may have had!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsboyz. Show patsboyz's posts

In Response to Your favorite pizza pie in Greater Boston?:
    [QUOTE]Where do you go to taste that perfect bite of pizza pie? Globe restaurant critic Devra First has shared her findings from a recent pizza crawl . Tell us what Boston-area eateries you visit to bite into a slice of your favorite pie? What places do you frequent beyond the city?
    Posted by BDCAEStaff[/QUOTE]