1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gidoughty. Show gidoughty's posts

Re: Your favorite pizza pie in Greater Boston?

Sabitino's in Waltham have the best pizza I have ever tasted. It is simply the best!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocket8. Show rocket8's posts

Ernersto's Pizza? absolutely awful pizza, this survey is a joke. Papa Gino's didn't make the list. Honestly, to even mention that dive of a place (pizza is always tasteless and old) is comical. You obviously haven't gone there have you??!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rms55. Show rms55's posts

Santarpio's is the best pizza.  It's all about the crust and sauce.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbeAnderson. Show BobbeAnderson's posts

In Response to Re: Your favorite pizza pie in Greater Boston?:
    I dislike "what is the best" topics. It is a matter of ones taste. When people say a place is the best, I always wonder how many places they have been. Regina's in the North End makes a good pizza. Their franchises do not compare to the original. Santarpio's is good but has gone down in quality recently. Sometimes I like the standard Margherita. Other times a like a lot of different items on my pizza. Most of the time I make my own pizza from scratch. My friends like my pesto and sliced tomato pizza best. Eggplant is my favorite. I use instant yeast and can have a pizza on the table in less than an hour.
    Posted by johnath

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antuare. Show antuare's posts

I have to agree with this post - Leone's is one of the best places for pizza and their Sicilian style can not be matched. In Response to Re: Your favorite pizza pie in Greater Boston? :
    Posted by nutbag

Nana's Pizza in Everett has a tray pizza that will blow away Leone's, and anyone elses for that matter. Go to Main st in Everett and order a tray - get either the fresh tomato and garlic(no sauce), or their chicken ranch- insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sharpie1932. Show Sharpie1932's posts

Regina's pizza is good but...
    in the Dorchester/Lower Mills area Pat's Pizza is the best.  I work in the area and everyday they have a different special for slices of pizza.  Their barbeque chicken pizza is delicious - but no matter what pizza you get there you can't go wrong!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilcs. Show wilcs's posts

LITTLE STEVIES -- BEST IN BOSTON

it's late at night.  you're starving.  nothing is open.  you NEED a slice of pizza.  a HUGE slice.  that is FRESH. and DELICIOUS.  and you only have a few bucks. 

NOT TO WORRY--LITTLE STEVIES IS THERE, right by Fenway.

this place is great for lunch dinner or whatever meal you eat until they close at 4 am.  slices are huge, fresh, tasty and classic.  i do not work there just giving respect where it is due. 

thank  you little stevies.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dotrat23. Show dotrat23's posts

I have to agree with Sharpie on this one..
    I'm shocked that Pat's Pizza in Dorchester is not a leader on this list.
    They have been around as long as i can remember.
    As a young girl in grade school,I used to frequent Pat's  2-3 times a week.
    Now as a young woman{no longer in the Dorchester area}
    I find myself taking the 20 min ride to enjoy a slice or two..
    Not to mention the friendly staff makes a great meal even better !!
    Trust me if you are in the Lower Mills /Dorchester area go to pat's you'll love every bite !!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_2321954. Show user_2321954's posts

The best Pizza I have ever tasted is Hoey's Pizza at the amvets post in Randolph.  My kids beg me to go at least once a week.  I drive the extra 5 miles for it all the time.  Beleive me its worth the ride.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucypoo. Show lucypoo's posts

Well, I know it's not Boston, but it's North of Boston - the Riverview in Ipswich....thin crust - often referred to as Polish Pizza - not your average Italian style pizza but really good....place is always packed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NausetStateOfMind. Show NausetStateOfMind's posts

You lose credibility when you use all caps. In Response to Re: Your favorite pizza pie in Greater Boston? :
    Posted by johnath

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NausetStateOfMind. Show NausetStateOfMind's posts

Why???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

For the same reason that you use 3 ?.
    Why???
    Posted by MBLowell

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oranginasyr2002. Show oranginasyr2002's posts

Although it often gets overlooked because of Santarpios, Dough Pizza in E. Boston is one of the best pies on the greater boston area. The variety and uniqueness of the pizzas and friendliness of the staff are unrivaled. Once you go Dough, you don't go back. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gpdmachine. Show gpdmachine's posts

OK good people of Boston and beyond, there cannot be one best Pizza, Pizza is like art different to everyone, or like sex....even when it's bad it's still pretty good.  if you want to truly be a pizza lover you have to love all kinds of pizza for each of their attributes..I am dissapointed as well in this article because it seems to give credit to people for putting weird things on pizza. woo hoo! who cares!....but if you want to talk about some of the best pizza around...you have to go to a working mans city or town..because, by design, pizza is a poor mans food.....Pizza, I am sure, is acceptional in the affluent communities like "Newton" and "West Roxbury", but if I want to spend $20 on a pizza it's gonna be Regina's, there places on the north shore that you missed that are staples in the community.....the Brown Jug in chelsea.....un beleivable pie, The Lido Cafe in Lynn, my favorite pizza for over 30 years, Tripoli Pizza in Salisbury beach, Off the Vine in Rowley, and another great pizza is Nicks in Saugus and Winthrop......but for the Money, and it's availability in every community around, rich or poor, is a chain that has perfected their pizza so well that you can get it from any one of their restaurants and it's better than good, it's great. I lived in Los Angeles for nine years and I have craved this pizza at times it's so good.....
    Papa Gino's.........true story.........stop putting figs on pizza.....please it's technically not a pizza then anyway

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WoburnPaulie. Show WoburnPaulie's posts

Look folks, this isn't about being provincial. I'm actually trying to do you a favor here. I'm an Italaina American food hound with great taste and I am steering you to LOUIES PIZZA IN WOBURN only because I want you to taste actual pizza heaven before you die. HYPERBOLE? NOPE!

PLEASE DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR AND EAT A LOUIES SLICE...IT IS TRUE ITALIAN...BEST SAUCE YOU EVER TASTED!! And when's the last time you had linguica on a pizza? I know, linguica is a Portuguese sausage but they are our Italian cousins, just like our great Greek American friends, and linguica is awesome on a pizza!  Hey, I love tripe that's how Sicilian I am!! (and no, tripe is not a fish).

By the way, off topic a bit, but spinache pie (spanicopita) is great isn't it? I make my own and it is heaven on this earth! Thank God for all this great food...I'm 20 lbs overweight but it's quality fat dammit : )

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

What kind of tripe do you like?
    Look folks, this isn't about being provincial. I'm actually trying to do you a favor here. I'm an Italaina American food hound with great taste and I am steering you to LOUIES PIZZA IN WOBURN only because I want you to taste actual pizza heaven before you die. HYPERBOLE? NOPE! PLEASE DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR AND EAT A LOUIES SLICE...IT IS TRUE ITALIAN...BEST SAUCE YOU EVER TASTED!! And when's the last time you had linguica on a pizza? I know, linguica is a Portuguese sausage but they are our Italian cousins, just like our great Greek American friends, and linguica is awesome on a pizza!  Hey, I love tripe that's how Sicilian I am!! (and no, tripe is not a fish). By the way, off topic a bit, but spinache pie (spanicopita) is great isn't it? I make my own and it is heaven on this earth! Thank God for all this great food...I'm 20 lbs overweight but it's quality fat dammit : )
    Posted by WoburnPaulie

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3816322. Show user_3816322's posts

Stella's in Watertown has a great crust...a traditional pie...been there for 50 years I think

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from golfchance. Show golfchance's posts

My favorite pizza in the area is Franca's Brick Oven Pizzeria in Waltham.  They keep odd hours though, so it can be tricky to time it right.
    http://www.francaspizzeria.com/

Gerry's Italian Kitchen in Watertown is excellent, as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCWoods. Show GregCWoods's posts

You nned to get out into "The Boston" neighborhoods more...Cambridge ain't Boston...there are certain things that go against the grain and putting spinich , broccoli,squash ....is a cardinal sin

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dsoares1. Show dsoares1's posts

How did Mama Lisa's In Somerville not make the list?  It has won a staggering amount of awards year in and year out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrkleen2002. Show mrkleen2002's posts

Santarpios, end of discussion.  No other pizza joint even comes close.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Superior Pie in Framingham (I think they have another location, too) is, well, superior!  I try to avoid "empty bread calories" so tend not to eat the back of the crust, but I can only resist superior pie's crust for about a minute after I think I'm going to be good.  I wolf it down like I'm still starving.

Their online ordering is on a perfectly crafted website - very rare thing in my experience, anyway.  Easy to use, and you get exactly what you want no matter how nutty your order is.  You can completely customize the order, and they have many toppings and sauces to choose from. 

Their delivery staff is always friendly, correct, and come bearing VERY hot food.

I moved away last year and now live too far away to get it...sigh.

www.superiorpie.com

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CDB71. Show CDB71's posts

Why is there such a rage for thin crust?  Unfortunately this article reflects the lack of good thick crust pizza in this town.  Best pizza ever is still the DC based Armands.  I only wish that someone would break out of the Atkins Diet crazed cracker pizza mold. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

How do you compare Santarpios today as opposed to 10 years ago? Do you see a drop off of quality? They are good, they used to be a lot better. Who would you put in second place? Even if, in your opinion, there is a big gap for second place .
    Santarpios, end of discussion.  No other pizza joint even comes close.
    Posted by mrkleen2002

Sections
Shortcuts