Are you a fan of "American Idol"?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mckam. Show mckam's posts

Are you a fan of "American Idol"?

Fox's "American Idol" returns tonight -- Jan. 19 -- at 8 p.m. Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler are joining Randy Jackson at the judges' table. Will you be watching? Are you a long-time fan?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nesportsfan6013. Show nesportsfan6013's posts

Re: Are you a fan of "American Idol"?

Not without Simon. He's what made it great! Especially during the auditions!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommyboy2432. Show tommyboy2432's posts

The show is past its prime... and the new judges are horrible. J-Lo is an Abdul wannabe in her approach to judging and Steven Tyler doesn't have a voice... he screams and screaches.  SO not judging quality.  Tuned out officially this season! 

Minute-to-win-it & Modern Family definitely get my vote for tonight!!!   :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronbh. Show ronbh's posts

the girl from springfield, last name sullivan, was kinda cute and funny and not a bad broadway singer, with a comedic touch. i think there's something there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaisyGaGa. Show DaisyGaGa's posts

I watched last night. loved Tyler.  He was hilarious and JLo was as sweet as ever.  Last year was unwatchable.  I think I'm back for another season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

If the show hasn't already jumped the shark, it has now. Simon was the glue that held that show together longer then maybe it should have. It looks like a rip off of the original, if not for Seacrest and Jackson you would think this is just a rip off or a clone of Idol. I know these first audition shows are taped and edited so Tyler cannot slip and say something stupid that will make it on air. I would watch out for him live, some of his comments about sixteen year old girls made me wince. 

Unwatchable...maybe it will improve, we'll see! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I'd rather watch my grass grow or watch the snow melt.

The definition of an "idol" is : someone who is greatly admired , often to excess.

or: somethihing worshiped as a god.

or: a forbidden object of worship.

We have enough "idols" in the world without having a show which "discovers" another one.  The sad part is many of the stars and celebrities of today who are idolized are pathetic human beings setting a terrible example to younger people.

True "idols" are not manufactured but find their way to the top by hard work and practice. Todays celebrities create attention by being extremist.Either very rude, very naughty or very sarcastic. I think maybe the true idol of this show has always been Simon, because he is sarcastic and a little bit rude. I have seen the commercials and they always show him being a d*ck. Lovely example for young people, no wonder they are all so snotty and rude.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Don't know, don't care, don't matter. It is a bad Karaoke show. 

And sadly, Steven Tyler is the one who is jumping the shark here. Putting himself on the same panel as a celebrity/talent as J-Lo and wannabe star (Jackson - seriously - have you ever seen him when he played bass in some Journey videos) is going to seriously tarnish his image as one of the all-time greats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

"they gotta lay out the bread for me, baby"

'nuff said

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimPickensII. Show SlimPickensII's posts

In Response to Re: Are you a fan of "American Idol"?:
    [QUOTE]Don't know, don't care, don't matter. It is a bad Karaoke show.  And sadly, Steven Tyler is the one who is jumping the shark here. Putting himself on the same panel as a celebrity/talent as J-Lo and wannabe star (Jackson - seriously - have you ever seen him when he played bass in some Journey videos) is going to seriously tarnish his image as one of the all-time greats.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

You're about 9 albums and 30 years too late for avoiding tarnish, although some might date it earlier. Specifically, 1975, when the 27 year old Sleaze and his 14 year old GF were beating Woody and Soo-li to the punch, as it were.   Even if you were in serious denial during all those years of mediocre or worse albums, it's impossible to forgive the Putz for trying to keep Peter Wolf off the runway at Fenway this past summer.

The only good thing about the existence of Tallarico is that the power of R&R is on full display. When an ugly, scrawny jerk like that, who can't even sing, prospers, you know you're working with some powerful mojo.  Of course, if he turned up as a contestant on this show he'd be in the Audtions Comedy Segment and shown the door after his 15 second tryout.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

James just got F'ed hard.  He was the only one with talent.  Miss Piggy, Scotty stupid facial expression and that other girl who should of been axed 6 weeks ago.  If you listen closely you can actually hear the rating drop.