1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Bonnie Franklin RIP

Bonnie Franklin -- who starred as Ann Romano on the classic TV show "One Day at a Time" -- died today due to complications from pancreatic cancer. She was 69.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/02/arts/television/bonnie-franklin-actress-dies-at-69.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Bonnie Franklin RIP

One Day at A Time was one of my favorite shows growing up. Sad to see her go at such a relatively young age. She was a great actress.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Very sad. As a teenager, I badly wanted  her to  be my mother-in-law. (Barbara, not  Julie).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Very sad. As a teenager, I badly wanted  her to  be my mother-in-law. (Barbara, not  Julie).

Late to this thread, but I agree. I had a major crush on Barbara/Valerie Bertinelli. Bonnie Franklin was excellent on that show. Sad to see her go. She was very talented. After ODAAT, it was too bad she didn't do another series as a regular, but I guess she had a successful career on the stage. Only did a few TV appearances.

I never realized that she was so young when the show started (31). If her character had the same age, which she didn't, that means the character would have had Julie at 14 and Barbara at 16.

I don't know how old her character was supposed to be, but I do recall that she was supposed to have been young.  Also, Bonnie Franklin was 31 when the series started and her sometimes seen ex-husband was played by Joseph Campanella, who was 48 when the series started.

Reminds me a little of "I Love Luce" where William Frawley was something like 20 years or so older than Vivian Vance.

I also got a kick how Schneider would simply just walk into the apartment of a single mother with two teenaged daughters. 

Sections
Shortcuts