Charlie Sheen and My Three Men

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Charlie Sheen and My Three Men

What do you make of Charlie Sheen's rambling on a radio talk show about his self cure of his addiction and bashing the writer/producer of "My Three Men"?  Do you agree with the producers' decision to pull the plug on the rest of this season's episodes?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: Charlie Sheen and My Three Men

Can't help but feel bad for his co-workers who now will share in his fate as far as the show goes.  The report of him getting detox help in his own home blew my mind.  He needs to be away from his regular environment, with rigid rules, and for a long time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

A drug addict is still a drug addict, no matter what "privilege" they may have grown up in.  He has a disease but is in denial which is very typical.  It is true what AA and NA say that you have to hit rock bottom.  Charlie has not yet.  He thinks he is in control and everyone else is crazy, hence the rambling.  I had an alcholic father and my nephew was a herion addict for many years.  My father is dead and my nephew has been clean for over 5 years.  I feel badly for him and hope he gets help as he will either be in jail or dead.  No inbetweens with the disease.  I do feel bad for his co-workers and let's pray he gets the help he needs and the show can come back next season. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

He needs at least 6 months of treatment and then sober living.  BUT he has to want it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimPickensII. Show SlimPickensII's posts

Time for Martin to schedule an intervention.  Charlie physically looked like hell this entire season.  

And the producers need new writers,  the material has been appallingly bad this season.  Or maybe the well has gone totally dry and they should pull the plug permanently.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hi Slim,
    His father did speak out and Charlie does look terrible.  I think they should pull the plug to be honest.  You are right, the show is not as funny as previous years and maybe pulling the plug is what he needs to get well...

In an interview Wednesday, his father, Martin Sheen ("The West Wing," ''Apocalypse Now") compared his son's fight against addiction to that of a cancer patient.
    "The disease of addiction is a form of cancer," Martin Sheen told Sky News in London. "You have to have an equal measure of concern and love and lift them up, so that's what we do for him."In an interview Wednesday, his father, Martin Sheen

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Charlie Sheen and My Three Men:
    [QUOTE]20/20 is paying him for an interview,  this is part of the problem, people willing to pay to watch him self destruct,  this is starting to remind me of the Anna Nicole Smith fiasco, [and we know how that ended].  I think there might be more to this than addiction,  Bipolar, manic?
    Posted by robingirl[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right, robingirl . . .   this is exactly the problem. Two-and-a-Half Men succeeds primarily because it has always appealed to the lowest common denominator among television viewers, but also because it's little more than a thinly-veiled real-time biography. The people who want to see Charlie ramble, barely coherrent, on 20/20 are the same people who enjoy living their lives vicariously through him by watching him play Charlie (himself) on Two-and-a-Half Men.

It's troubling to see Sheen apparently still in denial about who and what he is . . .   sometimes it has to get pretty bad for people to see what they need to see, but I'm also troubled by the enabling of someone like Chuck Lorre . . .   who has been cashing checks on Sheen's tightrope walk since his Spin City days, and only now (and really, not even now) showing any concern at all for the gravy train he's been riding.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I saw that interview on this morning's "Today" show too.  I had a hard time watching it, Charlie seemed so out of it with his ravings, his eyes had a wild look.  There's a trait referred to about alcoholics even when they are on the road to recovery, it's called "stinkin thinkin".  Their brain cells are so saturated that it's a long long time before they think clearly and rationally again.  I'm sorry for his co-workers if the show isn't picked up, but I hope the network stands its ground.  Frankly, I don't think he ever will seek serious help.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Charlie was more than a little disturbing on the Today show this morning.  He may be off the drugs and booze, but his mental illness seemed to be in full view.

I get the impression that the drunking and drugging were symptoms of real problem. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

When you go on a drinking and drug binge for 36 hours, I would say you are an addict.  He is in denial of course and not all addicts do drugs 24/7, but if you cannot stop when you start, you are addicted.  AA/NA 101.  I believe it has def addled his brain, which is what happens when you use drugs/drink that much over the years.  Brain cells do die.  Disturbing to say the least..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It would be good if I got the name of the program "Two and a Half Men" right!  Guess you all knew what I was talking about anyway.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Don't know.  Don't care.  I've seen the show a handful of times, and it's not funny. 

The fact that the show made it this long only speaks poorly to its "competition" which must be worse.

Move along...nothing more to see here....