1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCAEStaff. Show BDCAEStaff's posts

'Dancing with the Stars' season 12

ABC has announced its contestants for season 12 of "Dancing with the Star."  Take a look at who will be competing, and let us know your thoughts by joining the conversation below.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoise. Show illinoise's posts

Re: 'Dancing with the Stars' season 12

Where do you guys get your info?  When was the last time Basket played for the Eagles?  Anyway, I love Ralph M.!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from diannd21161. Show diannd21161's posts

Everyone, except for sugar Ray and Kirstie Alley, that came out from behind the curtain I said "who, who is that?" Now that I've read who they are I agree with HoleinOne402....lame very lame. A former gf of Hef, really? Lame, I don't think I'll watch this season. They need people that have more talent than what Kendra is "famous" for.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes700. Show mes700's posts

There appears to be a shortage of good "C" and "D" list celebs available this season. I guess too many of them are getting enough exposure on basic cable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from whazup. Show whazup's posts

Bor.  Ing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I'm looking forward to it..so far I am rooting for Kirstie Alley.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JackC1. Show JackC1's posts

Where are the "stars?"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from humarocknancy. Show humarocknancy's posts

I will watch, but not very confident that the season will be that great.  I was not that jazzed about last year either, but it turned out to be a pretty good contest.  And yes, it definitely will not be the same without Derek Hough.  I also miss Julianne Hough, Edyta Sliwinska and her husband Alec Mazo.  All great dancers as well.  Will keep an open mind and see what happens!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sophie08. Show Sophie08's posts

I haven't watched Dancing with the stars in ages.  The line up doesn't look too promising.  Anyway, besides Kirstie Alley, Wendy Williams & Sugar Ray, I have no idea who the other people are.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimPickensII. Show SlimPickensII's posts

I suspect all those daytime teevee watchers are going to keep that Wendy Williams character on far longer than she deserves.  This season's Bristol Palin . She's the worst dancer, by far, and too loud to be very likeable.

I wasn't too broken up by the Shock Jock's departure, until they announced it and I saw his reaction. I bet some are kicking themselves over that choice, because he did improve over week 1,  and he had alot of fun hamming it up at the end last night.

Seems to me they're grading Ralph harder than the others, he was one of the better but his scores didn't quite reflect that. 

Kirstie is way better than I expected, but my god, she does need to lose those 40lbs.  That shot of her from behind during rehearsals, not a good look.

I was also surprised at Sugar Ray. I thought he'd be alot better than most, but he's got to be on the short list to get cut too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimPickensII. Show SlimPickensII's posts

The elimination Tuesdays are impossible to watch.  It's nearly all fluff and commercials.  I tend to get home just before 10 on Tuesdays which is perfect. Like watching the last 5 minutes of a basketball game, it's all you need.  Mondays are better, especially early in the season, as there are too many dancers to get through so they cut right to the chase.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrEdZone. Show DrEdZone's posts

Last night, when I watched Mak carry Kirstie a good 6 feet before he crumbled, I felt the weight probably was the factor. I weigh in at 200+, have always felt "light" on my own feet, but I don't think my husband could carry me that far. People, please don't bash the fat factor. Their dance carried on perfectly! The sign of true performers. And, if Mak was fibbing to cover for his partner...he is a true gentleman. Hollywood needs more of them!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cambridgerjp3. Show cambridgerjp3's posts

ANYONE but the cult following Scientologist!

Poor Max if you watch the clip his leg gave out under her poundage.
    How embarassing for her.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimPickensII. Show SlimPickensII's posts

Kendra's got my vote (to leave that is).  Sugar Ray can't be long for this show either. I liked her early,  but Kirstie is starting to get on my nerves.

Overall the quality of this cast is the strongest I've seen, although I only got hooked about 4 seasons ago. No Palin-quality turkeys here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I hope Kendra goes. I agree..Sugar Ray should be next. My favorites are still Kirstie and Chelsea.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimPickensII. Show SlimPickensII's posts

My order of elimination:  Kendra, Kirstie, Petra,  Ralph. Pretty much the same as yours I guess. 

Once they came up with the term 'pancake hands'  I can't help but notice that yes, Ralph's hands are funny.  Not much different than the others,  but for some reason it stands out with him. 

Any of the remaining 4 would be worthy champions and if I had to narrow it down further I'd go with the football player or the wrestler.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

After having to watch Bristol Palin, they all look good.  The improvement in these dancers has been very good.  Ralph is doing a decent job, he is probably the only guy over 6 feet tall, his balance is a little off at times. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I hope Kendra goes...I am tired of her drama...as far as Kirstie ( and Kendra for that matter)..looking uncomfortable...have you ever tried to do those dances? I took a few weeks of ballroom dance lessons..it looks a lot easier than it really is. I have a lot of respect for them for even trying. Kirstie has the right attitude..she is having fun..and all the exercise is good. I think she looks amazing..especially when you consider that she's 60 years old. I am glad to see that not too many people are making an issue of her weight..not everone can be a size 5...lol

I think in the end it will come down to Kirstie, Chelsea and Ralph and I would be happy with any of those three winning.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimPickensII. Show SlimPickensII's posts

Not a chance,  Kirstie will be gone within 2 weeks.  If you're tired of Kendra's drama then you certainly should also be tired of Kirstie's. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I think Ralph will be okay. I hate to say it..but I think Kirstie could be in trouble. I think the chemistry between her and Maks is fading and it shows. I hope I am wrong, but I won't be surprised to see her go.

Kendra needs to go. There's everyone else..and then there is Kendra. Her performance had very little to do with dancing last night. Actually, for the first time, I felt a little sorry for her.  The judges' comments to her had nothing to do with her dance skills and everything to do with her ability to "shake her money-maker". I thought it was sad where they placed her value and it was demeaning to her.
    Also..it's funny. My son has no interest in that show..but sat down to watch the first few minutes with me. Then they had to go and bring out Hanson and that was it...lol...Dancing with the Stars lost him for good. I could have done without this overrated boy band attempting to cover a variety of songs..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimPickensII. Show SlimPickensII's posts

For those who thought "worst cast" ever -  wrong!  It has been the best cast I've seen. They've also been having alot of fun with those throwaway segments.  That clip of a young Bruno in assorted old Elton John videos was awesome.

I had Kirstie on my chopping block heading in to this week, but she did very well last night.  The wrestler had his weakest showing yet, but he's been so solid for so long I can't see him going - if this show were about dancing and justice, which of course are only small parts of it.

And then, yes, there was Kendra.  I'm with you on that, miscricket. She gave her best performance yet, but that's not saying much. The Charo bits of her dance were very bouncy.  The silicon and sequins were flying in every direction!  But between all that, there was not much else going on.  

Kendra should go.  But I can't shake the feeling it's going to be the wrestler this week.  That would be an injustice, but you get that every year.

Switching topics briefly, read this little nugget the other day.  The "Charity" that "Teen Activist" Bristol Palin represents took in 1.3 million in contributions last year.  They paid Bristol $262,000 of it for her efforts.   And how much do you think they actually distributed to organizations that they purport to represent?  About $35K.   Nice. It's a charity alright, I'm just confused about who the recipient is.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Slim...your feeling was spot on. I cannot believe Kendra is still there...but I thought the wrestler's performance on Monday was not one of his better ones.

Charities like the one Bristol Palin was involved are offensive to me on a number of levels...not the least of which is the bad name they give to organizations who actually do the right thing.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Robin, I was thinking the same thing..begrudgingly..about Kendra. She has improved, but I am not sorry to see her go. Ralph was my favorite by far the other night..I think Kirstie is having fun..but she seems like she's counting her steps..which considering the level of experience is perfectly understandable. I think Romeo should probably be the next to go.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts