1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanceWithMe71. Show DanceWithMe71's posts

Re: Dancing with the Stars Season 13

She is going to leave with dignity. She didn't sound bitter she sounded frustrated and resigned. Certainly she sees the writing on the wall. No one really desires to stay in a situation where they are unappreciated. When people are hurt, they have a right to speak up. You are right dog lady. She has done them a favor just by showing up. Otherwise its just a bunch of second rate talent. She has a lot of courage and backbone both great quailities. She doesn't need to be validated by a bunch of washed up has been judges.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanceWithMe71. Show DanceWithMe71's posts

What I am hearing here is that Hope should not have stood up for herself. I disagree completely. She had every tright to speak up. If the judges cannot separate personal from professional then they should hang it up. Jackbu, you make my point with your Ricki Lake comment. all the more hope should have spoke up.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanceWithMe71. Show DanceWithMe71's posts

I competed plenty and let me tell you, in an real ballroom competition setting, these judges wouldn't last one day. The associations would not tolerate the personal remarks made by the judges nor the comments unrelated to dancing.If they judged her on anything other than the dance then they are in the wrong business.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanceWithMe71. Show DanceWithMe71's posts

No it could not be further from an actual setting in a real ballroom competition. Dancers can smile , Dancers don't bark at judges and judges are not showboating for a camera. The bottom line here is that the judges are horrible.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanceWithMe71. Show DanceWithMe71's posts

In Response to Re: Dancing with the Stars Season 13:
    Dancewithme I have a feeling along with your new name, you just started watching dwts. There was no need to jump over doglady. Like we explained to a few posters at the beginning of this thread, this is how the show works. There is no exact science in judging dance contests. If you really did compete, then I am sure you lost some that you should have won. The show is for real and will be around for a long time. Excuse me if I don't respond again, you remind me of my friend sandy. I like hope but last night I found out why she is a goalie.
    Posted by jackbu

My new name? Are you meaning cause I just signed up here? I didn't jump over dog lady. I like Robin a lot and all I did was ask her a question that she niceley answered Are you the forum police? Since you are beingpersonal seems like strong women threaten you.Hope had the right to say what she did no matter what you think. I don't care if I remind you of any friend of your. I have watched DWTS for years.thought it would be fun to be part of the discussion that Robin started.take a chill pill buddy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

No offense taken! Cool    I will watch Jimmy Kimmel online later to see Hope and Maks, no surprise there.  Next week the Monday night show will air late after the Patriots game,  however you can always catch it online the next day or so.  With the three left...it's anyones guess who will win!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Hmmm.  Seems more likely you're going to see Maks replaced than any of the judges. A win for me would be if both Carry Ann *and* Maks hit the pavement.  Hope is toast tonight, but it's not because she 'spoke out', but because she is the weakest remaining dancer.  At this stage, finally, it is about the dance.  She lasted longer than a couple of better dancers. (The Cavallari -sp? - chick in particular, was dancing at a higher level weeks ago than Hope is now).  JR needs to get that ankle fixed, stat, or else Ricki Lake is going to steal this.
    Posted by SlimPickensIII

I agree with regards to Hope..when I posted my comment the other night..it was after the tango and before the cha-cha. I thought she did really well on the tango..but then again what do I know..?lol. Her cha-cha was a disaster and I knew after watching that she was going home.
    I don't blame her for saying what she did..and although I agree that her timing could have been better...I think it's all semantics. I think she was going home regardless...so it's easy for others to say she should have done different..but at the end of the day..there are simply better dancers..no matter how much I may like her.
     The problem I have with Carrie Ann is that she is the same judge who was moved to tears every time Chazz performed ..yet struck quite a different chord when it came to Hope...so she's either phony or has too many mood changes..either way it's difficult to stomach.
    You know..Slim..it occurs to me that you are right..that perhaps Maks needs to go..if only because the judges' clearly have an issue with Maks and this will no doubt put his future partners at an immediate disadvantage.
    I think there needs to be some judging changes. Even American Idol changed up the judging after a few seasons..
    Actually..what would be funny is having Maks at the judging table..and Carrie Ann teaching a celebrity...hmmm..
    In any event...I think that both Riki Lake and JR are heads and shoulders above the rest . I don't know about the Kardashian kid since I rarely see his dances. Hope everyone enjoys the finals next week.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanceWithMe71. Show DanceWithMe71's posts

In Response to Re: Dancing with the Stars Season 13 : I agree with regards to Hope..when I posted my comment the other night..it was after the tango and before the cha-cha. I thought she did really well on the tango..but then again what do I know..?lol. Her cha-cha was a disaster and I knew after watching that she was going home. I don't blame her for saying what she did..and although I agree that her timing could have been better...I think it's all semantics. I think she was going home regardless...so it's easy for others to say she should have done different..but at the end of the day..there are simply better dancers..no matter how much I may like her.  The problem I have with Carrie Ann is that she is the same judge who was moved to tears every time Chazz performed ..yet struck quite a different chord when it came to Hope...so she's either phony or has too many mood changes..either way it's difficult to stomach. You know..Slim..it occurs to me that you are right..that perhaps Maks needs to go..if only because the judges' clearly have an issue with Maks and this will no doubt put his future partners at an immediate disadvantage. I think there needs to be some judging changes. Even American Idol changed up the judging after a few seasons.. Actually..what would be funny is having Maks at the judging table..and Carrie Ann teaching a celebrity...hmmm.. In any event...I think that both Riki Lake and JR are heads and shoulders above the rest . I don't know about the Kardashian kid since I rarely see his dances. Hope everyone enjoys the finals next week.
    Posted by miscricket

back track much?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanceWithMe71. Show DanceWithMe71's posts

Slimpicken why is it okay for a guy to swear but not a girl. Are you like jackbu and don't like tough women?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Hope and Maks didn't go on Jimmy Kimmel last night but the rest of them did!          They are taking this way too seriously!   

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanceWithMe71. Show DanceWithMe71's posts

Hope and Maks didn't go on Jimmy Kimmel last night but the rest of them did!          They are taking this way too seriously!    "You can't always get what you want    And if you try sometime you find  You get what you need."
    Posted by dog-lady

Thee guys on this forum are nuts! I work at night so couldn't see the coverage til this morning do the dancers have a contract to go on Kimmell( think he's overrated myself)?
    Dog-lady thank you for being so nice and for trying to keep your discussion on topic.And also thank you for the defending me on that library thread. I know there are a lot of creepy people in the world. I guess some people live in a bubble. that gang has a holier than thou attitude.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

In Response to Re: Dancing with the Stars Season 13 : Thee guys on this forum are nuts! I work at night so couldn't see the coverage til this morning do the dancers have a contract to go on Kimmell( think he's overrated myself)? Dog-lady thank you for being so nice and for trying to keep your discussion on topic.And also thank you for the defending me on that library thread. I know there are a lot of creepy people in the world. I guess some people live in a bubble. that gang has a holier than thou attitude.
    Posted by DanceWithMe71

Please don't get discouraged,  the psychology of this internet forum stuff is very interesting,  take it all with a grain of salt, if we all agreed upon everything... think how boring it would be! When people become argumentive or abusive in any way just shut down your computer and walk away. You can take a fresh look at it tomorrow.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts