1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

DWTS Season 16

Maksim Chmerkovskiy not coming back to 'DWTS' for season 16

Maksim Chmerkovskiy is done with "Dancing With the Stars"! Fans are shocked to hear that he won't be back. On Feb. 22, TMZ reported that he won't be coming back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ABC has announced that the Dancing with the Stars 16 cast will be revealed on February 26 during Good Morning America. The stars professional partners will also be revealed at that time.

The reality competition will feature 12 celebrities who are all DWTS newbies. After last seasons All-Star cycle garnered disappointing ratings, downt expect your favorite celebs to return to the dance floor any time soon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: DWTS Season 16

'DWTS' Karina Smirnoff
    From Ukraine to the Valley

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/24/dancing-with-the-stars-karina-smirnoff-new-house-gallery/#ixzz2Lppr95SX

http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/24/dancing-with-the-stars-chelsie-hightower-not-returning-video/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Regarding Maks: A source close to the show has now disclosed to Access Hollywood that Dancing with the Stars producers have not asked Chmerkovskiy back for season 16.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s92/dancingwiththestars/news/a461455/maksim-chmerkovskiy-not-asked-back-to-dancing-with-the-stars.html#ixzz2LvnRAuMy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

DWTS has been very, very good to Karina. Beautiful home. Spacious. It is going to cost her a fortune just to decorate and furnish it

By the way, it's official. Jacoby Jones of the Baltimore Ravens will indeed appear on the show this season. As you know I am not happy about it. Hate the Ravens

Is it wrong of me, Robin, to hope that Jones, during a performance of the paso, ruptures both his achilles tendons? If so, I wont hope for it. If not, I will. I leave it up to you though. You decide, okay?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Saw the line up of the DWTS picks on GMA this morning. Should be interesting. Now, we just have to wait and see, who they get paired up with. I am so upset, that Maks is not going to be one of them. I hope little Amy gets Derek. Would be a cute pair.

ETA: My hopes are already crushed. Amy will dance w/ Mark Ballas.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/cast-announcement?cid=ealert_022613_dws_promo1_dwsoptins

Poor Tony...

Val was paired with quite a lovely young cutie (Zendaya)  I wonder if Kelly will get jealous?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

Is it wrong of me, Robin, to hope that Jones, during a performance of the paso, ruptures both his achilles tendons? If so, I wont hope for it. If not, I will. I leave it up to you though. You decide, okay? (end quote)

I consulted with Fred the toad and he said to never wish ill will upon anyone, there is always the possibility that the negative energy will boomerang right back at you!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Zendaya is on a Disney kids show, Shake it Up Chicago. She is a dancer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

She's 16.   Don't you have to be at least 18 to be a celebrity contestant on DWTS, I guess not!
    Ache, you had better warn Val...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Poor Tony is right, Robin. Poor guy is going to need to be fitted for a back brace after hauling wide load Wynonna around the ballroom all season. (No lifts please, Tony!). For his sake, I hope she gets voted out early

Not a bad cast though. Andy Dick i a funny guy, and Aly Raisman is a star. I assume the two golden boys, MB and YDH, had to buck up to see who got to partner with her. MB won

Tristan paired with the eldest celeb again, I see, although DH still looks pretty good if that picture is at all accurate (ie, recent/unretouched). I wonder if she has any skills left from figure skating and whether they will translate over to the ballroom

PS I will take Fred's advice inre Jacoby Jones. I refuse to root for him though for reasons I have already stated

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

I looks like an interesting group.  I may have to tune in, well, DVR it because I am sure there is no way in h*ll that I could convince my DH to watch, lol.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I don't think so, Shawn Johnston was 17 when she went on the first time. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I think, that is what Tony got for winning the trophy last season. They figured, he doesn't need to win again this time. With all the newbies, I don't think, there will be much lifting anyway. At least not in the beginning, and I feel Wynonna will be out in a few episodes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:
    [QUOTE
    Tristan paired with the eldest celeb again, I see, although DH still looks pretty good if that picture is at all accurate (ie, recent/unretouched). I wonder if she has any skills left from figure skating and whether they will translate over to the ballroom
    [/QUOTE]

At 51 (and that is according to the internet!) Lisa Vanderpump is no spring chicken either.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

No! Tristan is paired with Dorothy Hamill and Tony got Wynona Judd.

I still can't get over the 16 year old, that's quite an advantage...at that age I could stand on my head and do cartwheels across the living room floor!

PS: Maks owns dance studios in NJ with his brother Val and Tony Dovolani.  (edit)

I agree about Mark, lol

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I'm a little uncomfortable with kids under 18 doing the sexually provocative dance moves and stuff...didn't everyone just make a big fuss about that 9 year old boy whose father made the rap video and he slaps a womans butt?  I heard DSS might be involved. 

Oh well, I guess things have changed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Aly Raisman graduated from Needham high. She completed her last year online so she could prepare for the Olympics. According to interviews she and her parents gave she went the tradtional way until her Senior Year. She didn't get to go to her graduation (2012), but she did go to Senior Prom. She will be 19 in May. 

Zendaya is the Disney star that actually has dance training. I suspect she has a private tutor for her high school. She just turned 16 in September. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:
    I'm not sure if I'm going to watch this season.  Tony finally won, so it's all sort of anti-climatic now.[QUOTE]

http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/28/bobby-brown-dinner-jail-sentence-lisa-vanderpump-video/

It might get interesting, maybe Bobby Brown will be in the audience.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Correction re: the dance studios

Dovolani along with Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Valentin Chmerkovskiy opened Dance with Me Studio in Stamford, CT on April 16, 2012.[8] The Stamford location is the fourth in the chain and the first in Connecticut started by Dovolani, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Valentin Chmerkovskiy and their partners. The other studios are in Ridgefield, N.J., Long Island, N.Y., and Soho, N.Y.[8]

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

You heard that Maks dumped Peta?

http://www.examiner.com/article/dwts-maksim-chmerkovskiy-and-peta-murgatroyd-split-up

So he would have had to work with 2 (that we know of) ex-gfs if he returned.  Awkward!

ETA:  I like Bruno, he wrote a book about his life (so far) a few months ago,  I've been meaning to check it out.

Born in Italy, Tonioli is fluent in Italian, English, Portuguese, Spanish, and French.[3] Tonioli is an out gay man, and has spoken of the homophobic bullying he suffered in his youth.[4]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20680516,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

With football players traditionally dominating Dancing with the Stars, Jacoby Jones has to be an early favorite.

But the NFL star has already fallen behind, getting a late start on rehearsals.

Following a minor knee surgery just before casting announcements, doctors did not clear Jones to dance for several days. The Baltimore Raven, 28, and pro partner Karina Smirnoff, 35, hit the studio for the first time on Thursday.

"Had a great 1st official day of rehearsals! @TheRealJacoby12 is cleared to dance! Yay!" Smirnoff Tweeted.

A source tells PEOPLE the couple are "very behind."

"It's unfortunate on a preparation level that they don't have as much time as everyone else," the source says, of the contestants on the show, which debuts season 16 on March 18. "It's crunch time."

But the source assures that Smirnoff  who recently told PEOPLE she was "on cloud nine" when her partner was revealed and Jones are "ready for the challenge, they are both incredible athletes and they're used to pressure and working hard under any circumstance."