1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: DWTS Season 16

jackbu,  Ache is being facetious....can't you tell?

I don't remember the exact content of your posts from last season, but I do recall that you sometimes had an excuse for not being able to offer an opinion, which I found amusing, I'm sure Ache did too.  

You have to realize it's frustrating for us fanatics when people don't appear to be taking DWTS seriously!

I assume you're busy, but hope you'll continue to participate in this thread.

So, c'mon guys lets lighten up and try to have some fun   ;) 

Ps:  I watched Splash too, but I had trouble enjoying it because it just looked too dangerous to me.  I'm concerned someone might  get injured on that show.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

And just to be clear about it: I like jackbu very much personally. He is a gentleman IMO

But I fear if left unchecked, his lackadaisical attitude will infect the rest of us here, undermining the integrity of this thread, and before you know it, we will all end up sound asleep at 8:15 every Monday night just like him

ETA: As a precaution, I urge all of you to consume one 5 Hour Energy drink just prior to show time next week

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Ache, you were right about needing that energy drink!  Unfortunately I don't touch the stuff and for some reason I fell asleep during Aly's performance...

Looks like Kellie and Zendaya are still on top though!

Felt bad about Dorothy, she definitely froze.

They are all working hard, some of them just seemed rather lackluster, at least on the dance floor imo.

Who will go home tonight?   Lisa?  DH?  Andy?   So many to pick from! 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

jackbu,  I hope you are feeling better today...these things happen.

If by any chance you have the time, you can always catch up on missed episodes at this website  

http://abc.go.com/watch/dancing-with-the-stars/SH559050

And of course, as you know, they will rehash everything tonight!

Ps: Thanks for checking in  :)

Oh, here is another clip from last night.   http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/tv-zone-1.811968/dancing-with-the-stars-what-happened-to-dorothy-hamill-1.4909510

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I agree Ache,  Of course I don't know Lisa and am just speculating, but she strikes me as a bored wealthy woman that thought DWTS might be a fun thing to do...of course now that she knows the work involved I think she may be losing interest quickly!

One of the judges (Len?) used the word "wooden" to describe her, but she's not the only one lol

I feel bad for Gleb, he is doing everything he can to bring out the best in her.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/dancing-with-the-stars/performers/article/-/13347279/gleb-savchenko/

DWTS 2012 Dancers - Gleb Savchenko

Is it my imagination, does Peta look sad?   Maks is a cad.

Ps: I only fell asleep for Aly's number, there was a particularly long commercial break prior,  so I closed my eyes for a minute and the next thing I knew,  Aly and Mark were before the judges!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Ummm, I dont know about Peta. Havent noticed anything different about her really. But she just got publicly dumped by Maks, and she's dancing with a guy who is in love with a girl he is about to marry. So it's possible she is bummed by the situation she is in. Not sure. Will try to pay more attention to her next week

Youre exactly right about Lisa IMO. She signed up for DWTS not realizing how damn hard it is. Now after week one, she wants out. I suspect she will be thrilled to be voted off tonight. She is probably secretly hoping for it

Aly btw did well. Much better than last week. Danced the quickstep, and I believe received all 8s

I put her at number three on my personal DWTS Power Rankings behind Kellie and Z. Ingo is number 4

ETA: I see they deleted my previous post. Is that the third one now? I wonder if Mr BornUnderachiever had anything to do with it? no idea. Pfffft

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

“I’ve taken the advice of my spine surgeon and I need to withdraw from the competition,” quote Dorothy Hamil

Lisa and Victor were saved...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

I didn't get a chance to DVR this week's, but I did see the recaps.  Too bad about Dorothy.  I agree that Kellie and the "Disney" girl are going to be the ones to beat this year.

I do admit that I have a guilty pleasure of watching the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, where Lisa got her 15 mintutes of fame.  She actually isn't that bad, compared to the other wormen, lol.  She also owns a couple of posh restaurants in Beverly Hills.

Anway, I'm still liking Kellie.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Heartbreaking to see Dorothy pull out from the competition. But she did it with class, and like Tristan said, it was a decision, that had to be made.
    If Lisa and Victor leaves, I won't miss them.
    I find this season quite boring. There is such a large gap between the good dancers and the bad dancers, that there is no excitement left. Fortunately we tape it, so I don't have to lose my sleep over it.

ETA. I think some of the new pros are doing well. Especially the girls. But I do miss Maks.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

(Edited, corrected version)

Ache, if you want, you may criticize me all you like.  Don't be gentle...I have learned from your comments!

I'll let you in on a little secret; I double check my spelling and grammar hoping you won't find errors.

I'm sure you do, but you are kind enough not to say anything  ;)

If people want to post here that's fine, and if they don't that's okay too.

Misunderstandings happen, people lose interest, whatever...it's all good  imo 

Best Reason To Come Back Next Week: It’s Prom Night! What does that mean in the DWTS-land? Who knows? But I can’t wait to find out.

Read more: http://entertainment.time.com/2013/03/27/dancing-with-the-stars-watch-who-went-home-first/#ixzz2Ol1qQFJa

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Okay, Robin, if you insist:) Here goes:

Ache [PROBLEM: When addressing someone directly, always place a comma after that person's name. REMEDY: Place a comma after "Ache"] if you want, you may criticize me all you like, [PROBLEM: Misuse of a comma in between two main clauses (aka a "comma splice"). REMEDY: Remove comma. Insert period:)] don't be gentle...I have learned from your comments!

I'll let you in on a little secret, [PROBLEM: Misuse of a comma! REMEDY: Remove comma. Insert colon, which will serve as an "introducer" to the information that follows after] I double check my spelling and grammar hoping you won't find errors.

I'm sure you do, but you are kind enough not to say anything  ;)

If people want to post here that's fine and if they don't that's okay too [PROBLEM: This is a "fused sentence" (ie, two sentences jammed together with no punctuation). REMEDY: Place a comma after the word "fine":)].

Misunderstandings happen, people lose interest, whatever...it's all good!  imo 

----------

I thought it was interesting that all the new pro dancers landed in the bottom 3 last night. I guess fans really do vote to save their favorite pro dancers as much as they do for their favorite celeb. And it might explain how DL managed to avoid the bottom 3 as well

Aly Reisman: The girl has a belly on her, huh? I thought I was seeing things at first, but nope. She definitely has a gut

Hey, Robin, I notice another message was removed today. Did you happen to see who posted it and what the message contained? Just wondering

Okay, who wants to be my date for Prom Night next week?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Yes, it was our friend,  he thanked me and denied that he had anything to do with your posts being removed, he also made a vague comment that he didn't understand why you were allowed to speak to people the way that you do (it wasn't anything that intense).  Btw: I am assuming the poster is a he.

I don't know why it was removed.

Thanks for the criticism, it will take me a while to digest.  I've got to get busy, for years I only wrote a certain type of note. 

Yes, I think Aly has put on a little weight, I'll have to take a look at her performance and get back to you.

Is Johnny's Lunch a real place?  I bet they have good french fries there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Well, if he said he didnt do anything to have the posts removed, I believe him *groan*

Maybe the moderator who oversees this section of the board is hyper-sensitive and deletes even the softest kind of razzing. Who knows? At least I didnt get banned

Hey, you know who else is a little hyper-sensitive around here? I wont mention his name, but he goes to bed early every Monday night, and lately he has been a little under the weather:)

I typed "Johnny's Lunch" into a Yahoo image search a few weeks ago, and I found my new avatar. So there is/was a Johnny's Lunch somewhere

There used to be one in Reidville too many years ago right in the middle of a residential area. It was a seedy barroom. I am sure it is long gone now though

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Ache, I agree.   I hope our friend (you know who) returns.    We need his input, and he has been a valuable member of this community. 

Let's start fresh next week,  I think season 16 is going to be full of surprises.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I think he may still be under contract to participate in the dance ensembles, as Chelsie Hightower did last night.   We can only hope.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to Robin39's comment:

Ache, I agree.   I hope our friend (you know who) returns.    We need his input, and he has been a valuable member of this community. 

Let's start fresh next week,  I think season 16 is going to be full of surprises.

We need his input? Valued member of the community? Huh?

I apologize, Robin. I thought we were talking about j-j-j-j...you know. I guess I misunderstood:)

But anyway next week is a new week. Let's start fresh like you say above

By the way, Robin, I have a question for you:

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Finally caught Aly and Mark's number, she did very well, not as smooth as Zendaya and Kellie though.   All those gymnast girls look kind of heavy to me.  Maybe because they are so muscular.

Thanks, but I think my Prom days are over :)