1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: DWTS Season 16

Another post removed???  It all started with a post that contained a benign word (rhymes with trick) that was used to describe Andy and also rhymed with his last name...nothing offensive imo.

Someone must be very bored or lonely to complain about these silly things, I hope they feel better soon.

PS: @pingo, sorry if I offended you in any way, I was oblivious to any connection.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

I am pretty sure that the person who arrived here in hope of making friends, is responsible for the deleted posts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Maks Chmerkovskiy, who left “Dancing with the Stars” after last season but returned for a guest appearance last week, is in severe pain from bunions, revealed his brother Val Chmerkovskiy.

“He’s really embarrassed to say but I think he’s got some sort of bunion issue,” Val told reporters at “DWTS” on Monday night. “But an extreme situation where it’s growing into—he’s saying it’s excruciating pain.”

Dancers are often known to get bunions, deformities that result when the big toe points towards the second toe and causes a bump to appear on the outside edges of people’s toes. Many doctors think that bunions result from wearing tight-fitting shoes.

Val, who is paired with Disney star Zendaya Coleman this season, also said Maks “has pain in his ankle, pain in his back. He’s got a lot of issues.”   

edited from:  http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/04/23/dwts-maks-chmerkovskiy-in-excruciating-pain-from-bunions-brother-val-says/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to Robin39's comment:

Another post removed???  It all started with a post that contained a benign word (rhymes with trick) that was used to describe Andy and also rhymed with his last name...nothing offensive imo.

Someone must be very bored or lonely to complain about these silly things, I hope they feel better soon.

PS: @pingo, sorry if I offended you in any way, I was oblivious to any connection.

Hi Robin:

I had a little scare just now. I caught your subway thread and saw the deleted posts and thought you had removed yourself from this site.  Seeing the usual suspects on your thread, now I understand why you removed your posts.

Don't take their comments personally.  I have posted on twitter and other sites my affection for subway, and thru their interest in my twitter account and what I do in general, I am sure they know it.

Subway is a geat subway shop.  I know a few guys who manage sub shops and go to subway for their pepper steak.  The subject of great cookies in Boston came up on chowhound and I posted that subway bakes their own and they are great.  Several people agreed with me.

Subway bakes their own bread but does not pump out the smell.  The smell of fresh bread will roam the area on its own.

The nice thing about subway is their rewards card.  It is nice to get something free once in a while.

Subway is doing so well that McDonald's is now focusing their attention on them. I read an article recently regarding this and have a friend who is a regional manager for McD's who confirmed it.

Their meats are not old and generally subway sell outs of most products quickly. 

Anyway, hope you are well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

@jackbu, thanks,  I realized that I had said all I wanted to say in my first post, so I just consolidated the message.

The last thing I want to do is argue with anyone over a difference of opinion!

I can think of many establishments I would prefer to dine at... but they aren't within my budget these days.

Subway gives you a nice, big, fat sandwich for $5!

I appreciate the rewards card too :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Hi Robin:

Their bread is lighter then most sub shops so it is a great way to watch calories. Their salads are pretty good and very healthy.

I go to one on a regular basis and I know their inspectors come in all the time.  I think they are pretty clean in the dining area and spotless behind the counter.

Yes, it is not worth it to agrue.

Yes, Subway is gentle on the wallet.  Here is a tip, don't use your points on the six inch sub.  Less points in the long run to get the large and eat half later.  They use dark tuna but it is pretty good and I am a fanatic when it comes to good tuna.  Not too many sub shops offer baby spinach, another reason to eat at Subway.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

That's exactly what I get, a tuna with a lot of veggies, including baby spinach!

Another tip, go before 9a and get the 2 for 1 special, put it away in the fridg for later.

ETA: Check on the 2 for 1 specials, I'm not sure if they are offered all the time.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Mark Ballas' 'DWTS' blog: Three's company

Mark Ballas, Special for USA TODAY9:21 p.m. EDT May 3, 2013

The 'DWTS' pro preps two dances while recovering from last week's back injury.

This week promises to be a lot of fun, with the "Trio" round. Lucky for us, we have the pleasure of having Henry Byalikov in our our group. It's awesome because when my back was at its worst last week, he stepped in to help me with Aly, so she already feels comfortable dancing with him. He is also great at dancing as a team player and has great choreographic ideas, so I'm stoked to have him.

Our trio dance is the jive, which is one of my favorite dances of all time. It's quick, it's slick and it's got a lot of personality. We are going for a cool theme this week too which will add a lot of flare to the dance. Aly is constantly improving with the counts, which has been her weakest thing so far.

The other dance we are taking on is the Argentine Tango, which is a complete change of pace for Aly. The story of the tango is all about the woman of the night and I represent the paying customer. I'm really pleased with Aly's progress with this character considering she has not had an intense dance yet. She's handling the sexy very well.

My back is still not 100% but I'm powering through. Only a few weeks left to go and I want to keep dancing for all the fans that have been so great to us! Really hoping y'all enjoy this week.

And, once again, when I'm done dancing, I'll have my show this Monday. If you're in the L.A. area, come down to The Sayers Club on Hollywood and Wilcox at 11 p.m. and come see me play with a full 8-piece band set. Each week is more and more fun – hope to see you there! And don't forget to check out the new markballas.com if you haven't already and follow me. And follow me on Twitter @markballas. I'll be getting some exciting things under way next week!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

The jive looks tough to do and it really separates some from the pack, either in a good or bad way.

The Argentine Tango is one of favs and I have a few past couples utubed.

Looking forward to Monday, getting used to my 4:30 a.m. schedule so staying up to 10 is getting easier.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

That's exactly what I get, a tuna with a lot of veggies, including baby spinach!

Another tip, go before 9a and get the 2 for 1 special, put it away in the fridg for later.

Yes, I load up with the veggies.  Their meatball sub special during December was a killer on my diet.  I do breakfast there once in a while but usually stick to McDonalds.  The woman on the grille is a friend and drops fresh eggs for my McMuffins, and I love Newman's coffee.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Ann Romney, 63, decided, however, to turn down an offer from "Dancing with the Stars" after strong consideration because she believes she's past her prime.

"I did consider it," she said. "I love the show."

Romney added she would've love have done it - if she were a bit younger. http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/detroit/index.ssf/2013/03/abcs_dancing_with_the_stars_of.html

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Ann Romney, 63, decided, however, to turn down an offer from "Dancing with the Stars" after strong consideration because she believes she's past her prime.

"I did consider it," she said. "I love the show."

Romney added she would've love have done it - if she were a bit younger. http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/detroit/index.ssf/2013/03/abcs_dancing_with_the_stars_of.html

Yes, people like to make jokes about dwts, yet it is one of the most popular shows.  I am sure I have said this before, I never thought I would like the show and never tuned in.  I love Brandy so when she was on the cast, I tuned in and have been hooked.

Seth Meyers is a comedian, and the joke was funny.  But the show is not lacking people trying to get on. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi Ache, we are getting down to the nitty gritty!

I think Aly is too young to pull off a successful Argentine Tango...but we'll see.

My bet is on the young colt!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Robin:

I am going to go off topic but the comment sort of belongs here.  I saw you mention Deborah Walley on another thread and I cannot now seem to locate it.

She was a great actress and Gidget goes Hawaiian was the best of the gidget movies.  She did all her own surfing in this wonderful movie.  The dancing was very good along with the singing.

I remember giving a set of Gidget movies to my sister and Deborah was her favorite actress.

She passed too soon.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Robin

I bet you one Subway sandwich (a tuna with baby spinach) that Aly performs a successful Argentine Tango tonight

I think she's gonna do it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

Hi, Robin

I bet you one Subway sandwich (a tuna with baby spinach) that Aly performs a successful Argentine Tango tonight

I think she's gonna do it!

I'll throw in my rewards card which is loaded with points.  Hey Robin:  Don't forget to fill out those questionares to get a free subway cookie.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I don't eat cookies!   Just watched a rerun of Emergency, I have a thing for Randolph Mantooth.

Yes, jackbu, Deborah Walley was my favorite in the Beach Party movies, I used to pretend I was Deborah and my friend would pretend she was Annette.

We would listen to the albums and sing and dance with hairbrushes as microphones in front of the mirror after school, when we were supposed to be doing homework, lol.

The Beach Party movies were featured on the This Tv channel after Annette's death. I think I mentioned it somewhere.  http://www.boston.com/community/forums/arts-and-entertainment/tv/general/rip-annette-funicello/10/6600831

I still say Zendaya takes this thing home!

PS: Ache, tuna and baby spinach sound very tempting...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Zendaya and Mark at the top of the leaderboard :)

I missed Kellie and Derek's trio number, I'll catch it online tomorrow.  I want to know why Len gave them a 7 and Carrie and Bruno gave them 10s.

Sean's done.

PS: Another inappropriate post removal noted...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Robin, you owe me a sandwich. (Aly performed a successful A.T.)

I will take my usual: a large Italian with everything, okay?

Kelli's trio paso looked pretty fabulous to me, but it didnt have enough content for Len. Too much Hershey/Not enough Highway. His reaction was great though. I loved it

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I'd have a bite...but the nitrates might kill me.  Enjoy!  My moms fav btw.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Just watched the Kellie, Derek and Tristan performance.

Very good, excellent entertainment, reminded me of Phantom of the Opera!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD8XM0dDzWw

I see where Len is coming from though, he doesn't always appreciate razzle dazzle, he likes to see the dance in it's purest form.

ETA: Mark your calendars, 5/11 Saturday 1p  ION channel:  "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" (again)

Sections
Shortcuts