1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: DWTS Season 16

You boys are adorable, if I had sons, I would want them to be just like you!

Not that I'm that old, after all, I'm not anywhere near as old as Betty White and she's still going strong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I think it would be great to have a mother who mowed and weedwacked the lawn all by herself. Just like you do, Robin

Would give jack and I plenty of time to sleep and watch DOOL

Sound like a good idea to you, jack?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I guess Ingo will be leaving tonight. Kellie and Derek did an awsome job with the Argentine Tango.

So, I think it's between Zendaya and her to win this thing,  I'm partial towards Zendaya.

Aly for the 3rd spot, Jacoby 4th.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Robin

I think it will be the three girls too, but JJ brought his A game with him last night. He needed to come out and wow everyone with two brilliant performances, and he did

Meanwhile Z's mediocre score on her first dance (the warp speed Quick Step) might leave her vulnerable. Hard to imagine a finale without her, but if the voting is tight, she might be edged out. Doubtful, but it could happen

Kellie and YAR at this point look like locks to me. Their performances last night were stellar, in particular Kellie's Argentine Tango and Aly's Afro-Jazz number. Agree with uncle jack: Kudos to MB for putting that routine together for Aly. Great job with the choreography and very entertaining

YAR by the way keeps ascending. She is all positive energy and forward momentum heading into the finale. She is having fun too, and it shows

Seventeen 10's given out last night. That must be some kind of record. (Average score was 9.4)

Out of a possible 300 points, the judges awarded 282, so only 18 points were left out on the floor, half of which were left there by Ingo

So long, Ingo Rademacher! Nice knowing you. Youre a good guy, but your journey ends tonight. Time for you to go

Only question that remains is who will join him?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Oh, it was single elimination. Now they tell me. Nevermind...

Happy 300th episode anyway, everbody

PS "Bubbly and full of fizz", one of Len's favorite expressions. I like it too, but it's redundant, isnt it?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

"ABC announced on Tuesday that Dancing With the Stars, a victim of sagging ratings, is cutting back to one night a week — performances and results in the same show — for Season 17 in the fall."

Oh no!  I hope that's not true....what will I watch on Tuesdays without cable?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

That's okay, I can always listen to Dan Rea (WBZ talk radio) rant and rave about something.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

Bye Ingo.....come back to General Hospital now :)

Sounds like DWTS is jumping the shark....

ABC announced on Tuesday that Dancing With the Stars, a victim of sagging ratings, is cutting back to one night a week — performances and results in the same show — for Season 17 in the fall.

But that didn't seem to dim the spirits of a jovial 300th episode and semifinals results show.

After Monday's performances, the show's two professional athletes, NFL star Jacoby Jones and Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman, were tied at the top of the leaderboard. Country singer Kellie Pickler followed. Disney star Zendaya had an uncharacteristically low spot, taking fourth place. Soap star Ingo Rademacher was at the bottom of the pack.

It was pretty obvious that it was time for Ingo to go home.

Here's how it played out:

Right off the bat, we learned that the first star going to the finals is Jacoby, with pro partner Karina Smirnoff.

Next up: Kellie and Derek Hough performed an encore of their perfect-scoring Argentine tango that started out showing off their perfect lines in silhouette.

Ingo and Kym

Ingo Rademacher and Kym Johnson perform on May 13.(Photo: Adam Taylor, ABC)

Sophia Lucia, 10, of San Diego was then spotlighted. "I train 40 hours a week. When I dance, I feel like the happiest girl on Earth," she said, explaining that in March, she broke the Guiness Book's world records for most pirouettes — 55. Pro Chelsie Hightower returned to the ballroom with three dancers to join the little girl, who sported one dance shoe and one ballet slipper, for a hair-flinging performance that included more of those pirouettes.

In a "most embarrassing moment" segment, USA TODAY blogger Mark Ballas revealed that Aly likes to steal bracelets from the show.

And then The Wanted performed Fill a Heart, followed by Avril Lavigne, who performed a new single, Here's to Never Growing Up.

Next up: Kellie and Derek were told they're going to the finals.

Zendaya and pro partner Val Chmerkovskiy were told they were in jeopardy (which no one believed).

And Ingo and partner Kym Johnson were told they were in jeopardy (which everyone believed, but some in the crowd still booed).

Aly and Mark were told they're going to the finals.

In the end, Ingo was eliminated.

"This has been an amazing experience," he said. "I thought I was going to be done after two weeks." He praised his partner for creating dances that were suited to his "two left feet."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2013/05/14/dancing-with-the-stars-narrows-to-final-four/2159887/

Honestly I thought DWTS jumped the shark when they did a whole season of recycled "stars". I watched and enjoyed several seasons of this show..but if they couldn't be bothered to ferret out some new contestants then I couldn't be bothered to watch. Besides over the years..like many of these shows it became more about the judges.

That being said, I am pulling for Aly. I catch her weekly interviews about the show in Mix104.1. She is charming and gracious.

My question is..how will they do the dances and the results in one show? Will they finally shed the illusion that the fans have anything to do with the outcome?   I hope for Robin's sake this doesn't happen. I know how disappointing it can be when a show you like goes away.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

My question is..how will they do the dances and the results in one show?

Easy. Fans will be asked to vote, but the results wont be announced until the end of the following week's show

The eliminated dancer will perform a routine not knowing that his/her fate has already been determined

Dont like it. I'm gonna miss the Tuesday night elimination show

ETA: Or the results will be announced at the beginning of the next week's show prior to any of the dancing. Either way though, whether the announcement takes place at the beginning or at the end, the departing celeb will have put in a hapless week of practice, preparing a routine that wont count because the votes against him will already be in

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

My question is..how will they do the dances and the results in one show?

Easy. Fans will be asked to vote, but the results wont be announced until the end of the following week's show

The eliminated dancer will perform a routine not knowing that his/her fate has already been determined

Dont like it. I'm gonna miss the Tuesday night elimination show

Okay..but ugggh..but that would really stink. Here's to hoping they get some good names on the show for next season. I guess they are really missing Maks after all.  That's all from me..lol. I will leave the rest of the comments to those who are watching this season's show :-)

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

ABC’S SMASH HIT ‘DANCING WITH THE STARS’ SIZZLES ON BOARD HOLLAND AMERICA LINE

Cruisers can meet the pros and stars, learn the steps and more — coming in 2013

Whether you like to Tango, Quickstep, Paso Doble, or sit back and enjoy watching the sizzling performances, this program offers guests an entirely unique experience on the seas.

Six theme cruises in 2013 and early 2014 will feature Dancing with the Stars events including dance lessons; a chance to meet the dancers, ask questions and take photos; and a dazzling production starring celebrities and the famed dance pros, complete with glamorous costumes and routines from the TV show. Currently scheduled to appear on select sailings are two-time champion pro dancers Mark Ballas and Kym Johnson; pros Tristan MacManus and Lacey Schwimmer; and some of your favorite celebrity competitors.* More dance pros and celebrities to be announced.

In addition to the theme cruises, every sailing on all 15 ships in the Holland America Line fleet will feature an exclusive Dancing with the Stars program including dance lessons and an opportunity for some lucky guests to dance center stage in an exciting dance-off performance. These activities will feature the ships’ professional dancers and will be developed in collaboration with the show’s dancers and choreographers.

Currently scheduled to appear on our 2013 Theme Cruises*:

• June 22, 2013, ms Veendam, 7-Day Canada & New England
    Professional Dancers: Chelsie Hightower and Mark Ballas.
    Stars: Shawn Johnson. Additional stars to be announced.

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/dwts-at-sea?cid=ealert_052013_dws_promo4_dwsoptins

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Sounds like fun, Robin, but I suffer from mal de mer, so I dont know if this is the right vacation idea for me

Plus I am no Chelsie Hightower fan. Not my favorite. She's not worth getting seasick over

Karina/Peta/Sharna maybe, but not her

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

#1 Zendaya, Val could use the win, it will be his first mirrorball trophy!

#2 Kellie

#3 Aly

#4 Jacoby

PS: "Mal de mer" lol,  I thought it might be fun to have some dance lessons with Tristan, like the Argentine TangoWink

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I didnt like it that the dancers performed in reverse order of their apparent seedings last night, ie, JJ danced first and was 4th seed...YAR danced second and was 3rd seed...Kellie danced third and was 2nd seed...and Zendaya, Queen of the Ballroom, danced fourth and was 1st seed. (They saved the best for last, I guess)

Not that we didnt already know where the dancers ranked in relation to one another, but I wish the show didnt make it so obvious

But anyway...

If Z wins, I will be happy for her. She deserves it. Nice kid. Led the pack the entire season. Always gave a good performance, never took a week off. Outstanding again last night too, although I preferred Kellie's free style (great lifts and spins, and that forward lean thing she did with YDH was pretty amazing)

Assuming she wins, Zendaya will be the second bi-racial winner in DWTS history. (If you know who the first is, you win a dozen free homemade sugar donuts from Johnny's Lunch of Reidville). More importantly, a Z victory means that the Chmerkovskiy Curse will have been broken

First the Dovolani Curse...now the Chmerkovskiy Curse. Wow

Robin, we are running out of curses!

We're gonna have to make up a new one for next year, okay?

I'm looking forward to tonight's show, but not anticipating any surprises. I didnt feel either YAR or JJ did enough to earn a spot in the final 2. So it should be Kellie and Zendaya at the end with Z winning

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Nicole Scherzinger?  No thanks on the donuts though, I avoid sweets...just don't think they're worth it.  I'll take a big plate of french fries with plenty of ketchup instead!

I can't believe tonight is the last show till fall, it's not even summer yet.Frown

Have to shut the computer off, too much thunder and lightning going on right now,  later.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Well, according to Wikipedia, Nicole's father is Filipino descent, and her mother, "half-Hawaiian and half-Russian", so I guess that makes her bi-racial, although she isnt who I am thinking of

I declare you the winner anyway, Robin

The original question is still open though, if anyone wants to guess

Johnny btw makes the best steak fries in Boston, not to mention his very own ketchup from scratch (old family recipe). Youre gonna love it

Please give him my best

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hines Ward, I forgot about him.

11:15p  I wanted Zendaya to win Frown

They said they didn't count the phone calls.  Just the texts and online votes...

They all will be doing the morning shows tomorrow.

Sections
Shortcuts