DWTS Season 16

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: DWTS Season 16

Good evening, Robin

I wanted Zendaya to win as well, so I'm surprised by the result and a little disappointed too

But Kellie is not undeserving. She and Z were 1 and 1A throughout the entire season. Her victory is no fluke

By the way:
    Hough family MBT total - 6
    Chmerkovskiy family MBT total - 0

I got a kick out of seeing Len dance with Lisa tonight. Thought that was great

Final dance of the season: a jive to "Rockin' Robin", a tribute to you, no doubt

PS I forgot about Hines Ward too! Oh, geesh. I guess there have been more bi-racial winners than I thought!

ETA: I hope the voting snafu didnt affect results, but that's something we will never know for sure. I want to believe though that K won fair and square

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Wish there had been two Mirror Balls. Both Kellie and Zendaya deserved the ball. Derek's 4th win. That should say something. One of the best male dancers and choreographer gave Kellie the edge, I suppose. Congrats to both Kellie and  Zendaya; they are both champions.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to pingo's comment:

Wish there had been two Mirror Balls. Both Kellie and Zendaya deserved the ball. Derek's 4th win. That should say something. One of the best male dancers and choreographer gave Kellie the edge, I suppose. Congrats to both Kellie and  Zendaya; they are both champions.

I think youre right, pingo

Everybody loves a winner, and YDH is the biggest winner in DWTS history

No question, Kellie benefited by having him as her partner. Any extra votes he earned for her might have been the thing that put her over the top

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ache, that makes me think, how do they pair them up? Also, I believe one of the reasons, the Season 16 had such a low rating, was due to the fact that your friend (Maks) was missing. He is a smart kid. Ratings going down, I don't want to be a part of it.
    I am not sure, what to say of the new model for Season 17. Can't imagine, they can do everything in one show. But it will not make much of a difference for me. We TiVo the show and watch it forwarding all the nuisance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, pingo

I dont know what process they use to determine pairings, but as we all know every season YDH is paired with someone young/nimble/attractive like Kellie Pickler, while poor Tony Dovolani, for instance, gets stuck with the old/broken down/scary looking leftovers like fat cow Wynonna

Not to take anything away from YDH. He's a great dancer and teacher, but when you look at who he has been partnered with over the years, it's actually shocking he has only won 4 MBT's. He should have won even more

I am skeptical too about the new format next season. Between the dancing and the vote off announcement...that's a lot of stuff to pack into one 2 hour show. Something is going to have to be trimmed in order to make room

As for Maks, his ego is bigger than ever. The other day he texted me the following message: "No Maks = No Ratings! I told you, Wildo! Haha!"

He is so full of himself right now, it's disgusting

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Full Name: Derek Hough
    Dance Style: Latin
    Nationality: American
    Height: 5'8"

Actually, two other sites have him listed as 5'10"

Derek Hough Height?
    5′ 10″ or 178 cm

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Good point about height, jack. It's probably a huge factor (maybe the leading factor) in determing the pairings. Hadnt thought of that before

PS Winona Ryder and Wynonna Judd are two different people

Please see below:

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi Ache, LOL...and you wonder why women develop eating disorders?

Hi jackbu, I figured you were kidding about Derek's height but Mark Ballas is no giant either.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Val 5'9"?    Tristan and Tony are tall, and of course Maks.

I hope they have some celebrities that we've heard of this fall.

Can't believe we have to go without DWTS till November Frown

Back in the day, shows ran till June and were back in September. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

ache:  My bad thanks.  You are quick with the change.  My iphone has Judd and when I went to the lap top the cow was there.

DWTS needs to get Ashley Judd next season.  That is if the Buddah will let her appear.

O boy, one more post like your last two and the heat will be off me and the hit seeking missle from my friend will be pointed at you.

Any time I can take the focus of your antagonist off of you and put it onto me, jack, I am happy to do it. Too much negative attention is a bad thing

Good idea about Ashley Jugg. She has nice t***. I'm in favor of her joining the lineup next season. That would be great

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Robin:

November? The new season doesnt start until November?

If that's true, I am bummed

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Well, September.  But don't worry, I will post any news here as we anxiously await for season 17.

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/last_dance_5ZTq6yvtLLB0hghscGknRJ

In the meantime I recommend Emergency! reruns with Randolph Mantooth (he's 6'1'') on MeTv Monday-Saturday at 5p.

It breaks up the news, who needs 3 hours of news anyway!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

Good evening, Robin

Final dance of the season: a jive to "Rockin' Robin", a tribute to you, no doubt

Hi Ache,  I guess the moderators agree with you Cool 

"RockinRobin"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Haha

You changed your screen name, huh? How'd you do that?

Well, I like it

*singing*

She rocks on the Pets Board all the day through
    Posting great info like she always do
    But mean old ladies at OBN
    Wish that she'd leave and not come back again
    Rockin' Robin...
    Rockin' Robin...
    Yo, Rockin' Robin, hey, youre really gonna rock tonight

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

http://boston.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/52/kw/change%20screen%20name

Thanks for the song :D

PS:  But shouldn't be like this: Rockin'Robin

I'll try not to ruminate about it... I don't think they allow an apostrophe in a screen name anyway.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Yeah, but I dont think our friend the apostrophe is allowed in screen names. I dont recall seeing one anyway

Why? Did you request it as "Rockin'Robin"?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I don't think I did, I thought of it after, but it's not terribly wrong the way it is, is it?

PS: I looked it up, it's listed both ways and a couple of other ways too!

No problems Smile

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Nope. Perfectly fine as is

Nothing you can do about the "no apostrophe" policy for screen names here. Gotta work around it

Keep rockin', Robin!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

‘DWTS’: Maks Chmerkovskiy on His Reunion With Ex-Fiancee Karina: ‘There Was Zero Tension’

by Carole Glines | April 16, 2013 at 10:45 AM | Dancing With The Stars, Interview

"DWTS": Anna, Maks, Jacoby and Karina (Photo: ABC)

Pro dancers Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Karina Smirnoff, who broke off their turbulent engagement more than three years ago, finally put their old differences aside to perform together on Monday night’s “Dancing with the Stars.”

Record Series

Amazingly, the whole experience was drama-free! “There was zero tension,” Maks revealed after the show. “We spent a week together. We danced two numbers. We were having great fun — and personal things are going to stay personal.”

In fact, during Maks’ first guest cameo since leaving “DWTS” this season, Karina even gave her former fiancé an on-camera hug as he coached her and Jacoby Jones with fellow pro Anna Trebunskaya in rehearsals.

As part of Judge Len Goodman’s side-by-side challenge, in which professional couples performed with the celebrities and their partners, Maks and Anna also joined Karina and Jacoby on the dance floor.

Karina later told xfinityTV that during practice, Maks and Jacoby “talked a lot about football. I was like, ‘Boys, cool it!’ I don’t know what you’re talking about, but we need to do the jive!’”

More seriously, Karina confided that dancing with Maks years after their split was “really good. I think I kind of thought it might be a little awkward but it wasn’t. It was a pleasant surprise. I was like, ‘I’ll take it. I like it. Thank you very much.’ And it was so long ago, I think it was last century!”

Karina added, “We’re good. We’re better than we’ve been since the break-up. It’s a lot better. And we’re dancing for fun, for a living, wearing rhinestones and neon colors. I mean, let’s put things in perspective!”

Jacoby and Karina got a strong score of 26 out of 30 for their jive, with the judges largely praising the dance but criticizing the look of the football player’s feet.

Maks told xfinityTV about coaching Jacoby, “He’s a funny guy with a lot of energy. To say that he’s going to work on his footwork to please Len is absurd. I tried to make him turn his feet out and he was like, ‘That’s impossible.’”

However, Karina thought the side-by-side challenge with her former flame was a huge success. “I think with his style of dancing and Maks’ style of dancing, it worked perfectly,” she smiled to xfinityTV.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/04/16/dwts-maks-chmerkovskiy-on-his-reunion-with-ex-fiancee-karina-there-was-zero-tension/

PS: I know, old news, but interesting :)