1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: DWTS Season 16

In response to jackbu's comment:

HI Ache:

Gee, I am starting to think we are family in the respect that you can talk about me, but you come to my defense when someone else does.   Thanks.

Yes, jack. Youre all like family around here to me: aunt pingo, cousin Robin, uncle jack, and so forth. It's one thing for me to mess with you every once in a while, but when someone else tries to do it, well, I dont tolerate that sort of thing. You know what I mean?

Nice VW by Brandy and Maks. I kinda remember it now. One of the few seasons, Maks actually had a quality partner to work with. He must have thought the producers screwed up and paired him with Ballas's girl or Hough's girl by mistake

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Andy? Who is Andy?

Nice group photo. That is aunt pingo on the left

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to chrissy1430's comment:

I'm in the middle...navy blue suit Laughing

Welcome Chrissy, hope you'll join us, we discuss DWTS every week

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I left a message in Talk to BDC regarding all the benign posts that were removed from this thread for no good reason.  I consider reporting false abuse claims a form of harassment.

Now, back to DWTS: 

Return of the Maks! Tom mentioned at the end that next week, the couples must dance alongside returning pros in "Len's Side-By-Side Challenge." His highness Maksim Chmerkovskiy will dance with Anna Trebunskaya alongside brother Val and Zendaya. Tristan MacManus, Chelsie Hightower, and Tony Dovolani will also return.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jackbu's comment:

HI Ache:

Gee, I am starting to think we are family in the respect that you can talk about me, but you come to my defense when someone else does.   Thanks. (end quote)

Yes, jack. Youre all like family around here to me: aunt pingo, cousin Robin, uncle jack, and so forth. It's one thing for me to mess with you every once in a while, but when someone else tries to do it, well, I dont tolerate that sort of thing. You know what I mean?

Nice VW by Brandy and Maks. I kinda remember it now. One of the few seasons, Maks actually had a quality partner to work with. He must have thought the producers screwed up and paired him with Ballas's girl or Hough's girl by mistake (end quote)

Aww!  Time for a group hug!

Best group hug in TV history, ever!     Mary Tyler Moore Show.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LNc4KkxmZQ  hug starts @4 minutes in...

Ache, I think you should be Gavin MacLeod, I'll be Georgia Engel (the nicest one), Jackbu can be Ted Knight, Slim, Ed Asner?  I don't think any of us are that old, of course, just trying to match personalities...

Btw:  The Dickster is a nickname for Andy Dick, current DWTS celebrity contestant.  It is not a dirty word (in regards to the posts deleted)

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Robin, I agree. Phoney baloney abuse reports are a form of harrassment. Habitual filers IMO should be punished. Even worse though are moderators who act on the reports and delete messages that dont need to be deleted

What anyone could have found offensive about the MTM photo from yesterday, I have no idea. Pretty weird. (You dont suppose pingo was upset I compared her to Sue Ann Nivens, do you?:)

PS Good luck getting a response from dottie to your post in the other forum. If she even bothers responding (big if), I'm guessing her reply wont appear for weeks. She'll ask for an example of a benign post that was removed, make an excuse for why the deletion wasnt her fault, promise to "file a ticket" for you, and then pretend she has done everything to make the problem go away

More likely though, she will just ignore your post

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

And by the way, I like the idea of jackbu playing Ted Baxter. Best casting decision ever!

ETA: Just kidding, jack. You know I like to kid. I'm a kidder!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi Ache,

I try to have empathy for people that do silly things like that (press the abuse button for no reason), maybe they are very unhappy.

Valerie Harper (Rhoda) has been on the news lately, due to terminal illness.

That's why I had the MTM Show on my mind.

Have a nice weekend everyone, the forsythia bushes are blooming!

Oh, wait a minute, it's only Thursday...

Well, you know what I mean  :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Forsythia stays yellow for only a few weeks. Enjoy it while it lasts!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

@jackbu:  Knight earned two Primetime Emmy Awards for his portrayal of Baxter. Time magazine wrote that "Knight embodied a wonderful comic oaf: vain, inept and hilarious."[6] Bravo ranked Baxter 48th on their list of the 100 greatest TV characters.[7

We still need someone to play Mary,  how about ms_obstinate?

Okay, I think we are all set!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

"According to her "DWTS" contract ... Zendaya collected $125,000 to kick off the competition and appear on the first two weeks of the show. After that, she gets paid weekly -- SOP for all the contestants.

The good news for the dance-savvy Disney star -- the $$$ goes up, the longer she can last. Here's the breakdown:

Weeks 3 & 4: $10,000 per week ($20k total)
    Weeks 5 & 6: $20,000 per week ($40k total)
    Weeks 7 & 8: $30,000 per week ($60k total)
    Weeks 9 & 10: $50,000 per week ($100k total)

Grand total for all 10 weeks: $345,000"

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/15/zendaya-dancing-with-the-stars-money-contract/

Ps: Tony and Maks were on GMA this morning, tonight's show promises to be an extravaganza!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Thoughts and prayers to everyone involved in this nightmare.

DWTS posters, please check in, hope you're all okay.

I did welcome DWTS as a diversion last night (shown on Me TV Channel 5-2) although my mind was elsewhere.  Boston was mentioned several times.

It seems kind of trivial to speculate who will go home tonight....DL or Andy?Frown

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Yes, and Aly is from Boston also, of course.

So sad, I don't remember having to worry about these things when I was a kid.

But then, didn't people have bomb shelters in the 50s...

I'm not a runner, but I've often thought of walking the marathon (I'm good for 10 miles).

I'll forget about that idea.

I don't think I'd feel comfortable at any outdoor group event anymore, at least not for now.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts