1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: DWTS Season 17

Great news, Dancing With the Stars fans! Are you ready for more ballroom action? Season 17 is set to premiere Monday, September 16, 2013. 

The two-hour premiere will kick off the reality competition show's seventeenth season, and while the cast has yet to be announced, the casting rumors are already flying, with controversial former Food Network starPaula Deen and Indy 500 champion Tony Kanaan at the forefront of the rumor mill. 

Meanwhile, we're still waiting for confirmation on which dance pros will be returning for Season 17. Rumors have hinted that longtime pro Cheryl Burke might want out, but Cheryl put the kabosh on that, saying, "as long as Dancing With the Stars wants to have me, I'll be there."

And while Derek Hough and Maksim Chmerkovskiy's participation might be up in the air, there are plenty of pros who agree with Cheryl. Sharna BurgessPeta Murgatroyd, and Louis Van Amstel are all amongst those who are on the record saying of course they'd want to return. Karina Smirnoff also continues to talk about the show as if she has every intention of being on it. It can also be safely assumed that most of the newer pros want to return.

As for the new format, look for DWTS to make some serious changes this season, as ABC recently canceled its Tuesday night results show.

Are you excited for an all-new season, DWTS fans? Sound off in the comments!

Dancing With the Stars Season 17 will premiere Monday, September 16, 2013, at 8 p.m. EST on ABC.   http://www.wetpaint.com/dancing-with-the-stars/articles/2013-07-17-season-17-premiere-date-september-16

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Paula Deen? Racist OB! No thank you
    Tony Kanaan? Who? No thank you
    Jon Gosselin? Who? No thank you

Terrible news, Robin! I hope these rumors are false. I want a fun line-up this season

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

072113_mark_ballas_launch
    If you're a pro dancer on "Dancing With the Stars" and find yourself partnered with a disgraced celeb like Paula Deen ... that's too damn bad ... producers will FORCE you to rumba no matter how much you hate them.

Mark Ballas laid it all out for us on the streets of Hollywood Saturday. Our photog asked him, IF Paula was chosen for the show ... would he take issue cha-cha-cha-ing with her, in light of her n-word scandal?

Mark tells us ... he has NO SAY in the matter whatsoever. Meaning, even if you loathe your celeb ... or find their use of racial slurs questionable ... you better suck it up. Mark explains why.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/21/dancing-with-the-stars-mark-ballas-paula-deen-n-word/#ixzz2ZnOcPNQZ

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

What is TMZ asking MB that question for? It's not like he's ever gonna have to dance with Paula Deen

Ask poor Tony Dovolani or young Tristan McManus. Theyre the ones who likely will be saddled with her

If she ever makes it to the show, that is, which I doubt. She is poison at this point. No way she will be invited to join the cast in my opinion

I like jack's idea of bringing in George Zimmerman though. GZ looks a little like Chaz-titty Bono, who appeared on the show a few seasons back, so why not bring him on? He's a free man...

Okay, maybe not separated at birth, but still...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Whoa!  I see the resemblance.

Tony Kanaan: He’s an Indy car racing fella. He’s allegedly in talks to participate in season 17. This would definitely stay consistent with the show’s eagerness to always include an athlete or borderline-non-celeb in the mix.

Chris Colfer: The multitalented Gleed star would make a fine addition to the show and would be a great move on DWTS’s part to help their efforts in drawing a younger crowd to the show. Supposedly, the show will be trying to imbue the contestant lineup with younger celebs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

'DWTS' Maksim Chmerkovskiy & This Blonde Bombshell Can't Stay Away From Each Other

by Mary Fischer  7/30/13  http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/159027/dwts_maksim_chmerkovskiy_this_blonde?utm_medium=sm&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=dancingwithstars_fanpage

Maksim ChmerkovskiyUh-oh, you guys, Maksim Chmerkovkiy and Kate Upton were spotted together again -- making it even harder for them to deny rumors of a romance, hookup, friends with benefits situation, whatever, going on between them.

They recently enjoyed an intimate dinner together at Catch restaurant in the Meatpacking District of New York City, making many of us even more convinced that there's more going on here than they're willing to let on.

Kate even recently told Extra that she and Maks "go way back," whatever the heck that means. (Maybe that's some sort of new term the kids today are using to describe what goes on behind closed doors?)

If you recall, Maks and Kate had yet another romantic dinner together back in June, resulting in tongues wagging over the idea of them being a couple.

Who cares if he's 33 and she's only 21? It's pretty tough to put an age limit on sexual attraction, which is something it's starting to look like they have quite a bit of.

Oh come on -- how in the heck can Maks and Kate not be all over each other? Have you seen either one of them? They're hot enough on their own, but put the two of them together, and you've got a recipe for physical chemistry that's so off the charts it's impossible to measure.

They can deny that there's any sort of funny business going on between them all they want -- because going out on dates together kind of speaks for itself. And if this sort of behavior continues, they're going to have to fess up and admit they're seeing each other at some point in the near future, right?

(And if Kate turns up in the audience for the season premiere of Dancing With the Stars in September, we can totally go ahead and assume they're doing it.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In case anyone missed this, a couple of months ago.

Katie Couric dancing with Louie Van Amstel

http://katiecouric.com/videos/katie-dancing-with-the-stars-performance/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Nice video, Robin. A little dated, but fun:)

Bruno, very ruddy. That color cant be real, right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

LOL, I assume they all get spray tanned!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Dancing With the Stars Season 17: How Will Eliminations Work?

August 5, 2013 at 06:10PM EDT by Rebecca Martin

Ever since ABC announced that Dancing With the Stars is being cut down to one night for Season 17, fans have been wondering how voting and results will work without a results show. While the ABC Powers That Be have yet to come out with a specific, detailed plan, they recently revealed more about how the new format will work at the Television Critics Association press tour.

E! reports that ABC President Paul Lee explained that in the new format, we'll get not only dancing but also the results on Monday night.

"Effectively what we're doing is we're taking the votes from the judges and the votes from the audience and bringing them together at the end," Lee explained. "[Executive producer] Conrad [Green] has worked through a really interesting two hours. It builds to a climax at the end."

OK, so that definitely sounds like the results will happen at the end of every Monday show. The question is, how are viewer votes counted in? Our guess is that the votes will be from the prior week, but we'll just have to wait and see!

Catch the Dancing With the Stars Season 17 premiere on Monday, September 16, 2013 at 8 p.m. ET/PT onABC.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Makes sense to place the results at the end of the show, but assuming the voting is based on the previous week's performances, it means that every week one celeb will have practiced and then performed a dance in vain because the voting already will be in and he/she already will have been voted out

I dont like it, Robin. Not looking forward to the new lame format this season

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

"Dancing with the Stars" fans, the new season is on its way! "Good Morning America" will announce the new celebrity cast on Sept. 4. Who will be the newest stars?

The "DWTS" Season 17 cast will be introduced at some point during the East-coast broadcast of "Good Morning America," between 7 and 9am. Unfortunately, the show will never be more specific than that, wanting dance fans to tune in for as long as possible.

As of now, there haven't been many rumblings about which celebrities will appear on the upcoming season. The only prominent name to appear in recent weeks is Paula Deen -- but she will not be doing the show.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/08/dancing-with-the-stars-season-17-cast-to-be-announced-on-good-morning-america-on-sept-4.html

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I for one, would be delighted to see the results in one episode. To me, the two days broadcast was a bit too long. Most of what they were showing, was just reruns from the previous night.
    Even though, I enjoyed the second day the most, I think squeezing it in to one evening, will not hurt the show. The professionals were fantastic and they put on some very nice shows. Actually, I enjoyed them the most.
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

http://www.puredwts.com/tag/dwts-season-17/

And for any confused fans, Bergeron has this to say about how the new format will work: “Couples will be eliminated at the end of the episode. But the judges votes from that night will still count. So the viewer votes from the previous week carry over and are coupled with the judges votes from that night. So they’re still dancing for their lives there.”

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Oh, okay. So no one will be dancing "in vain" at least. That's good. I guess I was wrong

Still dont like the new set up though. I'm going to miss Tuesday night

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

FOX News reporter Geraldo Rivera tweeted this week that he also turned down an offer: "Honored to be asked to do DWTS. It's a great show, enduring & energetic. Sorry Deena but can't for lots of reasons including a bad foot. Thx."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Maks on GMA this morning for a minute http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/maksim-chmerkovskiy-gma-delivers-pop-news-good-19979285

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

1:59 to be exact

Stick to dancing, Maks

Reading off the teleprompter, not your thing

See you in September!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Kym Johnson Leaving Dancing With the Stars for "Amazing Work Opportunity"
    After 14 seasons on Dancing With the Stars, Kym Johnson is hanging up her dancing shoes. The 37-year-old Australian professional ballroom dancer exclusively tells Us Weekly that she's leaving the ABC reality dance competition show -- but not for good!

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/kym-johnson-leaving-dancing-with-the-stars-for-amazing-work-opportunity-2013198

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

KJ is a little too happy/smiley for me, so I'm not too sad to see her go. Plus with her gone, it leaves more room this season for the return of Sharna baby, my new favorite pro dancer

Wonder if Kym left for the reason she stated or if she was pushed out? Her "amazing work opportunity" which she didnt elaborate on sounds a little dubious to me. Not sure I'm buying it

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Latest 'DWTS' Season 17 Casting Rumors Include a Name So Ridiculous It'll Make Your Head Spin

Oh man, you guys aren't going to believe it when I tell you whose name has popped up in the latest edition of Dancing With the Stars season 17 casting rumors.

When I say you're gonna be shocked, I mean you're really gonna be shocked -- to the point that you might get up and scream at your TV if this person really is announced as part of the cast on September 4.

And no, I'm not talking about Teen Mom Farrah Abraham, though she'll make a very controversial contestant in addition to being absolute ratings gold for ABC.

Are you ready?

Supposedly "Tanning Mom" Patricia Krentcil could be on DWTS -- which is so completely insane I honestly don't know what to make of her appearing on the show if it actually happens.

Tanning Mom? Are you freakin' kidding me?!? Can someone please explain to me how, exactly, this woman is considered a star? Because I thought the whole point of DWTS was for pro dancers to dance with, well -- actual STARS. As in celebrities. As in people who are in showbiz in one way or another and aren't famous because they're addicted to tanning beds.

I don't know, you guys -- I might just lose a little bit of faith in the show if Patricia does manage to get cast. It just seems beyond outrageous, don't you think?

As for other new casting possibilities, Seth MacFarlane and Bella Thorne have also surfaced as potential contestants -- both of whom would be way better than Tanning Mom!

OMG. I just can't seem to get over this one.

What do you think of Patricia being part of the new DWTS cast?

http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/160152/latest_dwts_season_17_casting

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I must live on another planet, Robin, because I never heard of Tanning Mom, Teen Mom, or Bella Thorne. I have heard of Seth MacFarlane though, so maybe there's hope for me yet

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi Ache, that's because they're not really celebrities.  They have been on Inside Edition (tabloid tv) type of shows.

The Tanning Mom has some serious issues, Teen Mom and Bella are on those reality shows (cable) I don't watch.

Seth MacFarlane is very funny and talented, I wouldn't mind seeing him on DWTS.

25. This post has been removed.