1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: DWTS Season 17

Looks like a female dog to me. (re the pic in Ache's post)

BTW: I think Elizabeth and Corbin are leading the pack.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

It was revealed tonight that Len will be taking time off from the show and that in his place serving as a guest judge during his absense will be Julieanne Hough, the sister of Derek Hough, which means that YDH is going to be judged by YJH

Yeah, that sounds fair to me! How about you, Robin?

Surprising that they made the "not necessarily in the bottom two" announcement tonight. To me that means that one of the two standing up there at the end (Bill Engvall) was not in the actual bottom two. If Bill in fact wasnt the one who received the second fewest votes, makes me wonder which one actually did. My guess is Valerie Harper.  I hope I'm wrong, but hmmm...

Best Jive of the night: Corbin by a mile
    Best Paso Doble: Christina
    Best Rumba: Brant, but Jack's was pretty impressive. I am rooting for Jack this season by the way
    Best Samba: Elizabeth

PS The Jive is a Latin dance? It is? Really? I had no idea

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

The contrary critique given to Snooki last night by Carrie Anne and Bruno are hilarious. I didnt catch it myself

But I have to defend Bruno. I love when he gets up off his seat and starts flapping his arms and gesturing and screaming and yelling and spitting out dumb, overheated metaphors

His histrionics are entertaining to me and a fun part of the show that I look forward to

I also love Len's grimaced reaction to him

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ache, I enjoy the interaction btw. Bruno and Len too. I read some time ago, that Len may not be one of the judges this time around. Another contract was in the way. They must have worked it out. But to select Derek's sister? It will definitely give a lopsided result. She may either be judging him too harshly, or give him a few extra points. I just hope he will do his best ever, when she is judging, so there will be no discords. However, I don't think he will last that long with the baggage he has to carry along, so they may be out long before Sis will be sitting in Len's seat.
    As for the show, it has grown on me. Only two things I have to complain about are, that the dances are too short, and that the "who is saved" is too long. Cut all the "anxiety" for the last one out and just tell us, who is eliminated and add those precious minutes to the dances.
    All in all, I did enjoy the show Monday night.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

So Bill Nye got hurt, when he slipped at the end. Torn tendon. He is planning being back on the dancefloor next Monday.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

pingo:

I thought the elimination portion went on for too long as well. They need to tighten that up a little IMO to save a few minutes on the front end of the show, especially early in the season when there are still a lot of dancers left to work through

While Len is away, they should rotate the guest judge's seat:

YDH's sister, the first week
    Tony Dovolani's auntie, week two
    Mark Ballas' mother, week three
    Tristan's uncle, fourth...and so on

I'm sure each new judge will be objective, unbiased, and fair. Agreed?

Bill Nye tore his tendon, huh? Doesnt sound like an injury he's going to be able to recover from in a week's time to me

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ache, got a good laugh at your suggestion of the judges rotation.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

In response to 17Again's comment:

I have to admit I like the elimination process this year better.  Quicker and less stupid pauses.

Do I detect an attitude from Carrie to Snooki?  Snooki will slash Carrie's tires in the parking lot.

Do you really think Carrie drives and parks her own car? I am sure she is brought in by a limo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I assume 17Again meant that in the metaphorical sense. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I enjoyed the Hollywood theme and the 70s tune, I don't understand why Mark Ballas had a clown face for his number though.

I still think Elizabeth and Corbin will make it to the finals.

Snooki is performing better than I thought she would, the tabloids portray her as pretty much a space cadet!

Miss not having DWTS on Tuesdays.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Snooki's 9 may have been undeserved, but she was underscored last week IMO by all three judges, so it all evens out

To me she's been the surprise of the season so far. I didnt expect much out of her, but she's definitely taking this seriously and putting the effort in. I like her partner too. What's his name? Sasha? I'm kinda rooting for them now. They have a shot. Theyre in the mix with Eliz, Corbin, Amber, and Brant

The judges seem to like Leah for some reason. Not sure why. To me she dances at old lady speed, but all 8's last week and all 8's again last night

Valerie struggled. She looked lost out there. I wonder if it's getting to be too much for her? It's a lot to handle. Tristan though was a perfect Freddie Mercury

No more Len for a while, folks. Hope he isnt gone for too long. I'm going to miss him while he is away. How about you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Didn't get to watch last night. But we taped it. Now that I know the outcome, I can fast forward  and skip the boring end all together. That elimination process is much too long IMO. I didn't expect Bill Nye to last too long, and I am glad he is gone.
    Will definitely miss Len.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

They actually sped up the elimination portion last night. Didnt take nearly as long as last week

It was obvious who was going home though. Bill Nye would have had to bow out due to injury whether he had the least amount of votes or not

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I miss Len, Julianne was weak and bland as a judge (imo)

Still can't get used to the new format, no surprises tonight, Bill Engvall is probably next to be eliminated.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Snooki has more substance and character than I had imagined, but, I have never seen her reality show.  Just going by what the media reports.

Corbin and Elizabeth continue to lead the pack, imo.

What's with all the male celebs taking their shirts off?  Is it my TV, or are they all hairless?

Bring back Maks!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Robin

I agree with you about Judge Julieane: very bland/very boring. I would also add prolix as well (fancy word, means she talks too much). Her commentary went on and on. I couldnt wait for them to end. She tried to be instructive, but ugh...headache

Hopefully Len is back next week. He cant return fast enough for me. He is an integral part of the show, ie the Voice Of Authority/Wise Old Head...the judge whose opinion matters the most. He adds substance and style, and IMO he is irreplaceable. The show is not the same without him

By the way, did you notice the judges gave out matching scores for each of the ten dancers last night? (999, 888, and so on). All ten of them. Incredible. Ive never seen that before. It must be a DWTS first. No way it happens with Judge Goodman presiding

There were also ten different dances performed last night. If you can name them all, Robin, you win a fabulous prize (ourtesy of JL of R, the home of the famous BPS)

PS I too am a Snooki supporter. She did a backflip during her jive. Pretty impressive

And, yes, the two shirtless dudes were indeed hairless. (They were probably NoNO-ing each other just before airtime). This generation of young males is being raised to revile their own body hair

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/blogs/dwts-results-and-eliminations/fall-2013-dancing-with-the-stars-week-4-results

The ten dances.

You're right, Julianne was prolix, and she wasn't glammed up enough,  she could have done something with her hair.  It was awkward watching her judge her brother YDH.

Len is mature and paternal, the way a judge should be (at least one of them) imo.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

You used supplementary material that aided you in your response, Robin, so I am afraid I cant award you the prize

Yeah, Julieanne dressed rather plainly last night. That didnt bother me so much. I just missed Len

He is a good counterbalance to the other two

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

"You used supplementary material that aided you in your response, Robin, so I am afraid I cant award you the prize"

I know, I couldn't help myself :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

You couldnt resist it? Okay, well in that case, Robin, you win:)

Sections
Shortcuts