1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: DWTS Season 17

Valerie Harper, who is battling brain cancer, will compete on "Dancing with the Stars" despite being given three months to live back in March.

The 74-year-old actress, famous for playing Rhoda on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show", will appear on the upcoming season with Scientology survivor Leah Remini, Snooki, "Saved by the Bell" star Elizabeth Berkley, Amber Riley from “Glee” and pop singer Christina Milian.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/valerie_harper_will_compete_on_dancing_3zHQLcfHUJkZ8qyAgiNVuI

Good for her! (Valerie Harper)  Oh, and she's being paired with Tristan McManus.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

"PS Naturally she is being paired with Young Tristan McManus

YTM's last five partners:

Dorothy Hamill
    Pam Anderson
    Gladys Knight
    Nancy Grace
    Rhoda Morgenstern

Approximate average age per partner: 59 years old!

I'm sure he's happy just to be on the show, but is this poor guy ever going to be paired with a nice, nimble, young dancer, Robin??"

Sure he will, but he will have to wait his turn, just like Tony Dovolani had to :)

BTW: Rhoda's cancer is in remission for the time being.  Yoo-hoo!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

She was an attractive woman. Played a very memorable character too

Glad to hear she is in remission

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Okay, so somebody leaked the names of the female stars of this season's DWTS

Why no leaks of the male stars yet, Robin?

What are your sources telling you at this point?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi Ache,

Here is another list http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/08/dancing-with-the-stars-casting-valerie-harper-britney-spears-and-more-season-17-celebrity-rumors.html

I hope Jack makes it back in time for the season premiere, we'll have to keep our eyes open for him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

That's Valerie Harper in the photograph on the left, isnt it? She looks pretty damn good. Hope it's a recent photo

Jason Varitek, ex of the Red Sox, made somebody's list of potential DWTS stars? Hard to believe he would ever be considered for the show, but okay

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

‘DWTS’ Season 17 Cast Revealed

Snooki, dancing with Sasha Farber

Keyshawn Johnson, dancing with Sharna Burgess

Valerie Harper,dancing with Tristan MacManus

Brant Daugherty, dancing with Peta Murgatroyd

Christina Milian, dancing with Mark Ballas

Bill Nye, dancing with Tyne Stecklein

Elizabeth Berkley, dancing with Val Chmerkovsky

Corbin Bleu, dancing with Karina Smirnoff

Amber Riley, dancing with Derek Hough

Bill Engvall, dancing with Emma Slater

Jack Osbourne, dancing with Cheryl Burke

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Except for Valerie Harper, I don't know anyone. Who the heck are they? And I have not been sleeping under a rock.
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber Riley is from the show Glee, Keyshawn Johnson was a NFL football player, Corbin Bleu is a former Disney star who was in High School Musical and Jump in, and Elizabeth Berkley was one Saved by the Bell maybe 25 years ago.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks Winter and Slim,
    I may watch few of the shows - at least the first couple, just to see, how they are getting away w/ just one show a week. But when I watch, I do like to watch celebrities, I know. And this season, I haven't heard of any of them except for Val. Go for it Valerie.
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

That is the full cast? Really? Kind of a puny list, isnt it? Only eleven. I dont remember it ever being that short before

A ton of no-names on it too. Moreso than usual. Both celeb and pro dancer

Half of them I never even heard of

Jack Osbourne...heard of him. He has multiple sclerosis, I believe. He'll probably say he agreed to do the show because he wants to promote MS awareness in the hope of finding a cure one day. Everyone will cheer and tell him how brave he is

Ugh. I have a headache already just thinking about it, Robin

Notable names absent from the list: Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Tony Dovelani

I guess this is the end of Maks, eh? If so, what a said day in DWTS Nation...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Did you notice YDH got the heavy girl?

Elizabeth Berkley was in that Paul Verhoeven film Showgirls 1995.

It was so bad it was good!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

No, I never heard of Amber Riley. I assumed because she is YDH's partner she had an extensive dancing background a a classically trained ballerina or something

She's a big fatso though, huh? Good. I will have to look her up

E Berkely is one I actually know about. I remember Showgirls being a huge bomb

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Showgirls was a bomb, but it developed a cult following.

Amber Riley Actress Amber Riley arrives at the 69th Annual Golden ...  Amber Riley

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

LOL

That's a "heavy girl" alright

Good luck, YDH

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

This must be a mistake
    I'm Young Derek Hough
    I dont dance with FAT girls!
    Stop messing with me
    She's Tony's partner, right?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Tony Dovolani and Maks Chmerkovsky are probaby keeping busy at their dance studios.

http://www.dancewithmeusa.com/

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

ETA:

Btw, Robin

I just learned from a very reliable source that jack's banning was for remarks he made in the Red Sox forum

(I thought for sure it was either evil obstinate or evil cricket who provoked his banishment, but apparently not)

Sounds like it is temporary to me though, so hopefully he will be back with his old screen name very soon

Just thought you would want to know

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber Riley can actually move pretty well. She's on Glee and has a great voice.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar