1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: DWTS Season 17

In response to 17Again's comment:

Hopefully this season will be as exciting as the others.

Only 10 days to wait for Season 17 to begin Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Leah Remini is on Ellen right now and says Tony Dovolani is her partner, somehow they are missing from the list I posted (oops).

What's with the removed posts?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Oh, okay. A line-up of twelve sounds more like it. Eleven didnt seem right to me

Good to know Tony will be back too

No idea about the deleted posts. Nothing unusual though. Not on this section of the board

Our overzealous mod staff strikes again

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi, Ache

I look forward to next Monday.   It is nice to have a diversion from all the crazy stuff going on in the world right now, even if it is only for an hour or two.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Robin

Yeah, me too. A new season is always something to look forward to

I hope the change in format isnt too much of a turn-off though

It probably wont be

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Robin, Ache - so today is "next Monday". I am sure you will be watching. So am I.  With all our differences, at least we have this in common. I do love this show. DH not so much, but he tapes the shows for me. We usually watch it together,and sighs and grunt. LOL
    Sorry, you are not my favorite posters, but I have no bones against you either. Different posting makes life entertaining. Speaking of entertaining - let's us just enjoy the new season of DWTS.
    And please, let's keep all the "crud" out of here.
    Tonight, I will sit back and enjoy the music and the dancers. I don't know most of them, but hope they wil grow on me.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Of course, It should be fun....we all need some silliness,  once in a while!

Plus, it's live entertainment, in a weird way,  it (DWTS) reminds me of the old Ed Sullivan Show Laughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to pingo's comment:

Robin, Ache -

Sorry, you are not my favorite posters,

What? I'm not your favorite poster anymore? Since when, pingo?

Who displaced me?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

It seemed like the McDonalds fast food, drive-through version of DWTS, the dance numbers were shorter too.

I also missed parts of it, but I was impressed with Elizabeth Berkley's and Snooki's performances.

Wasn't that Jennifer Lopez's bf Casper sitting next to her?

PS: It was nice to see Bruno, he is so animated and passionate, he always makes me smile.

I miss Maks :(

I didn't understand the 9s for Amber and Derek either.

I think I need HDTV, I'm not able to see who has had work done (on their faces anyway) that clearly.   Actually, when I watch the show online, I see a lot more.    http://watchabc.go.com/dancing-with-the-stars/SH559050/VDKA0_aw6dmjsn/week-1

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Lots of ifs, and buts. The scores last night did't add up the performances. Maybe they gave them higher points just b/c it was the first night.
    I do agree that Derek an his partner were the better of the entire crew.
    Some of the celebreties should never have been asked. Oh lord! 

- Eleanor Roosevelt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2013/09/16/brant-daugherty-peta-murgatroyd-cha-cha-on-dwts-watch-now/    Peta and Brant were not that bad either. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I didnt like the new makeover either last night. Everything seemed very rush-rush to me. Gonna be worse next week too with the 12 dancers all back plus the elimination. Dont know how theyre going to fit it all in. Maybe Maks did the wise thing by bowing out early before this thing tanks. I hope I'm wrong about that

With all the changes going on, one DWTS tradition remained in place at least: the tradition that YDH always partners with the best female dancer. There have been other BBWs on the show before (Neicy Nash, Wendy Williams, Sherrie from The View), but theyve all been pretty bad and were generally partnered with someone like Tony or Louis Van Amstel. It figures that the first quality BBW goes to YDH. We should have seen that one coming. Oh, well. Tradition needs to be respected, I guess

Other top performers: Eliz Berkeley, that Brant guy, Snooki, and the Disney kid who, as Slim pointed out, is no kid. I swear he looks 35. Very good dancer though. With Karina as his partner he may go all the way

Bill Nye by the way danced the Cha Cha Cha and recieved two 5's and a 4, lowest score of the night, so he may be in trouble

I think you are right that the routines were shorter, Robin. Sure seemed like it to me. Probably should expect more of that too. I dont like it...Dont know if that was Jennifer Lopez' bf or not

One other thing: Am I mistaken, or did they do away with the old DWTS theme? The one that goes "d-a-h dah dah DAHDAHDAH!" and is usually played as a bumper going in and out of commercial. You know what I mean, right? It didnt occur to me til the end of the show, but I am pretty sure it was not played at all throughout

PS Whose message got deleted today and for what reason?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi, Ache  The post deletion happened early on,  I never got a look at it...

And, as Slim pointed out, where was the band?

Jennifer Lopez attended the 17th premiere of "Dancing With the Stars" on Monday to support her longtime friend Leah Remini as she made her dancing debut with professional partner, Tony Dovolani.

The 44-year-old "Idol" judge was accompanied by her boyfriend Casper Smart and her presence at the event ended up encouraging more people than she expected it to.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/09/17/Jennifer-Lopez-attends-DWTS-premiere-to-cheer-on-friend/1411379440438/#ixzz2fCIDBErY

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ache, just to add to the misery - I didn't lilke the new version either. Too rushed - and the dances were too short. And I know, I will miss the second evening, with the professionals doing their "stuff". I have always thought that was the better part of the show. It was such a change from the old style, but I will give it some time to grow into it.
    Now you are mentioning it - yes, I do believe they changed the theme song. Whatever song it was,  it was not catching. Maybe the old one was too long, so they tried to cut it down.
    I still think, that Derek's partner (heavy or not) was one of the better performers. But a "9"? No way.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Even when someone gives a great performance, the judges are usually reluctant to reward him/her with a big score the first night, so the 9's across the board were very unusual

I'm going to give the new format a chance, pingo, but hmmm. Bad first impression on Monday

I hope things improve next week

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Amusing   http://www.pjstar.com/video?ndn=y&lid=ent&vid=25184019

Weight loss stuff  <Y>   http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/christina-milian-shows-slimmer-dwts-physique-article-1.1463968

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

The first elimination of Season 17 happens when Dancing with the Stars celebrates Latin Night on ABC MONDAY SEPT 23 8|7c. Learn more about the Samba, one of the quintessential Latin dances.
    http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/blogs/the-dances/samba?om_mid=_BSQI$aB81S1fbl&om_swid=AFMOH5&cid=ealert_092313_2013-dwts_nlo

off topic:  Hi, Ache.  On a happy note, I have a new member to the pack, a young adult cairn terrier mix boy...sadly, I lost a dog to cancer recently.

So far, everyone is getting along, well, kind of :)

We will all watch DWTS together on the futon tonight!

You and William are welcome to join us, as long you bring pizza and wine, nothing fancy, yellow tail Merlot will do.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Sorry to hear about your recent loss, Robin, but happy about the new arrival

The terrier/cairn mix i a very lucky fellow to have you as his mistress

Save some room on the futon. William and I will be right over. Expect us sometime before 8

Any particular topping on the pizza?

I'll bring the wine too, but William and I prefer Mountain Dew as you know

A recent picture of WOTLO
    (William on the look out)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Mushrooms, no meat on my half.

BTW: You know I'm joking, right?  I'm in my pjs already, lol.

Plus, I have had my quota of wine for the day :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

pjs? Great! We'll make it a pajama party then!

Mushrooms it is. I'll save the pepperoni for William and me

And soft drinks only!

ETA: Am I mistaken, or is William growing a set of teats?