1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: DWTS Season 17

Hi Ache, I think you mentioned she was one of your favorites, thought you would want to know :)  
    "Dancing With the Stars" veteran Edyta Sliwinska is pregnant!

Read more: http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/10/11/Edyta-Sliwinska-expecting-first-child-with-Alec-Mazo/8871381518876/#ixzz2hSBdvhua

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Robin. I didnt see your post yesterday

Edyta, not just one of my favorites, she is actually my all time fave pro dancer on the show

She was Queen of the Skimpy Outfits. The skimpier, the better

They always seemed to pair her with a clumsy celeb though. Except for her season with Jason Taylor, which was before I started watching, she didnt enjoy a lot of success. She and her partner usually got voted off fairly early. I'm sure she got fed up with it

Dont remember her husband much. Had to look him up

I hope they name the baby "Leonard" after head judge, Len Goodman

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek0QgH3YouU&list=PL974BE02881339530

DWTS Kelly Monaco & Alec Mazo Freestyle  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Who's the one in the Brooke Burke role? I dont recognize her. Glad they got rid of her though. She's terrible

I thought Samantha Harris was the first interview girl. She must have been second

The judges were much more reserved back then. Took them a while to evolve into what they are now, I guess. Theyre better now

I dont care for Alec that much. Glad they got rid of him too:)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I started watching in 2009 or 2010.

"The first season of Dancing with the Stars (U.S.) debuted on ABC on June 1, 2005. Six celebrities were paired with six professional ballroom dancers. Tom Bergeron and Lisa Canning were the hosts for this season."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Lisa Canning. Hmmm. That name does not ring a bell

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I agree, sometimes I think DWTS is more of a popularity contest than a dance competition.

Mark seemed upset and Christina looked angry.

Leah looked surprised, I think she expected to go.

I was curious about Bill Engvall...never heard of him before.

Seems like a nice guy, same wife sice 1982, 2 adult children that are doing very well.

I think he's doing better than expected on DWTS.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Yeah, Leah wasn't a happy camper, glad we didn't have to hear about those scientology people.

I LOVED the 70s, take me back!  I'll get it right this time :)

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Off topic:  Speaking of the 70s, anyone remember Charo?     She's still performing. 

Scullers Jazz Club   

Fri. - Sat. October 25-26   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Oops!  Didn't mean to speak about Leah in the past tense, she is still an active contestant.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I'm rooting for Elizabeth Berkley     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Berkley

Berkley in an advertisement for PETA

Berkley is an animal rights activist and in 1997, donned a $600 form-fitting gown made entirely of collard greens for the "Lettuce Be Lean" campaign, sponsored by PETA to try to encourage people to embrace vegetarianism.[34] In 2008 & 2009, she was among a number of celebrities included in an online poll by PETA to select the "Sexiest Vegetarian of the Year".

In 2000, Berkley was made the subject of a $45 million lawsuit when actor and screenwriter Roger Wilson took action against Leonardo DiCaprio, claiming that DiCaprio had encouraged his friends to assault Wilson in a street fight after he tried to defend Berkley, who had been the subject of DiCaprio and his friends' unwanted advances.

On November 1, 2003, Berkley married artist and occasional actor Greg Lauren at the Esperanza Hotel in Cabo San Lucas. Berkley formally changed her name to Elizabeth Berkley Lauren; however, she still uses her maiden name professionally. On March 5, 2012, Berkley announced she was expecting her first child in the summer. On July 20, 2012, son Sky Cole was born. Berkley gave birth just 8 days before her 40th birthday.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Well, I was a little surprised by the results last night, but not too much. hristina Milian is famous for doing what exactly? I dont think any of us here know, and I doubt she had much of a support base

But she was kinda victimized by the new system IMO. If the old system was still in place (ie, judges scores and viewer votes based on the same dance), she likely would have gotten a nice bump up in votes thanks to the perfect 10 she received from Len (first of the season) and that boost might have been just enough to carry her through to next week. But America never had a chance to vote on that performance, so she got a little bit of a bad break there

Oh, well

Snooki's jazz routine was my favorite dance of the night

Didnt like Eliz's jive. Hated the little acting sequence that preceded it too ("Jive Pills"). I'm surprised Len didnt trash it. He usually hates that sort of thing. He must have been jetlagged

PS The judges were very generous last night. They awarded 235 out of a possible 270 points, which means the average score given out was an 8.7. Awfully high for this point in the season. The quality of dancing has been good, but not that good

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I finally got to watch this past Monday's performance. It was indeed a shocker. Cristina and Mark leaving so early in the game does not give us much of entertainment for the rest of this season. I am not a fan of Mark, but he is an entertaining dancer. Except for Elizabeth and Derek (not together though) I find the rest boring. All in all, I feel they ruined the show, by cutting it down to one evening only. I have always enjoyed the second evening the most, where we saw a lot of the professional dancers performing.
    I am not trying to guess, who will dance off with the trophy. It has obviously become a popularity contest instead of a dancing contest. I am glad Len is back.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Maksim Chmerkovskiy confirms 'romantic' pairing with Kate Upton

By Nardine Saad     http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/

October 19, 2013, 7:30 a.m.                                                                                

The brewing Kate Upton-Maksim Chmerkovskiy romance has finally been confirmed. 

The voluptuous Sports Illustrated swimsuit model and "Dancing With the Stars" alum have acknowledged their relationship, thanks to Chmerkovskiy opening up to Us Weekly. 

"She's an amazing person," the ballroom-dancing hunk told the mag.

PHOTOS: Kate Upton through the years

"We have an incredible time together, and, you know, I definitely didn't see that coming and I think neither did she," Chmerkovskiy, 33, added. "We enjoy each other's company very much and like I said, she's a great girl that I never thought anything romantic like this could have happened."

And the ballroom dancer for the win!

A source had reportedly shut down the romance last June after the two were spotted canoodling at a dinner around Upton's 21st birthday.

In late September, the recently named Model of the Year and the Ukrainian ballroom bad boy were photographed holding hands while taking a stroll in New York's West Village. Despite months of rumors, their public display practically confirmed they were official, even though they said it didn't necessarily mean they were dating.

Apparently it did.

Even Chmerkovskiy's brother Val, who is partnered with Elizabeth Berkley on this season of "DWTS," seems to be a fan.

"I think she's awesome," he told the mag. "She's a great girl, and we're great friends. She's an incredible chick and we have a great time."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Way to go, Maks

Dont know how long this thing is going to last, but enjoy it while it does

That's my advice

Youre being disingenuous tho when you say you never thought anything romantic between you and Kate could ever happen. Please! It's all youve been thinking about for months now. Youve been planning for it since that night in the West Village. Dont even lie

But good luck. You are the envy of young men everywhere

Hope you bring Kate to Freak Fest. I'd like to meet her

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

The show seemed a little lackluster last evening, I did enjoy Len's crankiness though.

That jumble/switch tunes thing they did at the end was stupid.

I thought it was mean to let Bill and Emma think they were going to be eliminated, even if it was for only a minute or two, not entertaining imo.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

For those of you who don't know who Corky is :  http://www.ask.com/wiki/Corky_Ballas?o=2800&qsrc=999

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I know!  A dancer is old or at least middle aged at the age of 30,  similar to athletes. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I agree about the "switch up" dance (or whatever they called it). Bad idea in what is becoming a season of bad ideas. They had 15 minutes of air time to fill, and that's what they came up with? Blech

It should have been Corbin and Elizabeth left standing at the end during eliminations. That would have put a momentary scare into everybody, thinking one of them was about to go home. Would have been funny. Glad it wasnt Bill by the way. I am starting to fall for Emma

Average score last week: 8.7
    Average score this week: 8.7
    (211 points awarded out of a possible 240)
    Judges being way to generous this season IMO

PS One more "I'm not a professional dancer" out of Leah Remini, and I am going to...I dont know what, but she is getting on my nerves. Very whiny. Maybe if she was still slim and nice (like during her "King of Queens" days), I would put up with her whine. But she isnt...

She danced well last night, but I hope she is the next one to go

MB's grandfather invented the weed wacker? Wow, the Ballas family must be loaded

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts