DWTS Season 17

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: DWTS Season 17

Ache, I think you should tell Maks to get over his commitment phobia and hurry up marry this girl, if she will have him!

http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/10/25/Kate-Upton-on-acting-This-is-just-the-beginning/5551382722668/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

If there is any girl worth taking the plunge for, it is Kate Upton

I will try my best, Robin, but you know how Maks is

Wouldnt surprise me if he isnt already planning an exit strategy

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Well, that wasn't right, poor Snooki, those tears and hurt looked genuine.

I can think of one or two others that should have left first.

They've gotten rid of two good ones in a row now.

Is Amber gaining weight?  She looks heavier to me, and Derek keeps complaining of back pain.

What was wrong with Carrie Ann?  Expresso? Yeah, right.

And next week, Cher as a judge!  Seriously, what does she know about professional ballroom dancing?

Ugh, I need some coffee :)

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Yup, next week sounds like it has all the potential to become -A Dog and Pony Show- metaphorically speaking, of course :)

Did I notice some chemistry between Peta and Val during one of those provocative dance routines?  That might be kind of awkward, seeing she dated his brother and all...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Bill Engvall must have an extremely loyal fan base out there cranking out the votes to keep him on the show every week. By my figures (which, as you know, are always accurate), Snooki had a pretty decent lead in the percentage of the judge's scores - 12.4% to Bill's 10.9. That's a 2.5% difference which Bill had to make up for in viewer votes. Not sure how much 2.5% translates to in terms of actual votes, but seems to me it's quite a bit. Millions of people vote on these shows, so just half a percent is significant

I feel bad for Snooki. She deserved a better fate. She was good enough to make it to the end IMO, and she really seemed to enjoy her time on the show. Now she has to go back home and be a full time mother again to little Lorenzo

You know who else I feel bad for? Bergeron. He had like three seconds last night to console poor, weeping Snooki after she got voted off before he quickly had to segue into the announcement for the telephone numbers. It was an awkward transition he never had to make in seasons past when the dancing and the results took place on separate nights, and he had time to comfort the one that had just gotten canned. Oh, well. That's the new format for you

I cant tell if Amber Riley gained weight, Robin, but have you noticed her underarms?

OMG Not pretty!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Poor Snooki, that's the most upset I've ever seen anyone get when they were told they were leaving.

For a second I fantasized that Bill Engvall would step up and say "Don't cry Snooki, I'll leave, you stay."

But no, life isn't fair :(

Everyone looked upset.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Yeah, her tears were immediate. Almost like a child the way she reacted. Very hurt. I guess she really enjoyed the experience and wasnt ready for it to end

I like Bill though (and Emma). Glad he's still around. Not much of a dancer, but he seems like a good guy

And btw the difference between 12.4 and 10.9 is only 1.5, not 2.5, like I said in my previous post. I guess my "figures" arent always so "accurate" after all

Oops!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

PHOTO: Chaz Bono and Cher at the GLAAD Media Awards in Los Angeles, Calif., April 21, 2012.

Chaz Bono and Cher at the GLAAD Media Awards in Los Angeles, Calif., April 21, 2012. Jason Merritt/Getty Images

Cher is guest judging "Dancing With the Stars" on Monday, and everyone involved is beyond thrilled, but the iconic singer said she's actually a little frightened.

"I know that people take this seriously," she told ABC News on a conference call today. "I just don't want to be responsible for someone getting a different mark than a professional would give them."

The "Believe" singer, 67, explained that she doesn't exactly feel technically qualified to judge the couples because she doesn't know too much about ballroom dancing.

"I don't want anyone to not have all the breaks they would have with someone with expertise," she said. "I am a little bit worried about that part."

Cher has been talking with her son, Chaz Bono, who competed on the show in 2011, and asking him for advice.

"He's coming tonight to give me tips!" she exclaimed. "He said, 'Mom, you don't understand how seriously people take this. I'm coming over tonight and ... I'm going to tutor you.' Obviously, I'm going to need all the help I can get."

Cher and Chaz will be studying a "huge binder" that they gave her with everyone's bios and what they've done so far on the show. It also has a scorecard at the end.

"Someone's going to have to do some cramming with me," she joked.

Cher was well aware that on Monday the show would pay tribute to her legendary music career and said she felt "great and confident" about that, but the judging part came as an added surprise.

"I don't know, I don't know how you judge it," she said. "I was there when Chaz was doing it and saw how difficult it was. I just don't want to miss some fabulous thing that someone is doing ... and that would be a big deal, and I wouldn't even know it!"

Cher, a consummate professional, likes to know what she's doing, and then do it really well.

"In this particular instance, I have no idea what I'm doing," she said.

All fears aside, it wouldn't be a Cher performance without a costume change. She has three outfits picked out for Monday.

"It's not all beaded and stuff like that, because that's going to be well taken care of by everyone else there!" she said.      http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/cher-chaz-bono-dancing-stars-tutor/story?id=20759172

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Well, at least she's aware she doesnt know anything and is being upfront about it, not pretending she is actually qualified to serve as judge

I give her points for that

She's like a guest referee at a pro wrestling match: No legit credential for the job/brought in strictly for entertainment value

It might work. I doubt it, but I'll try to keep an open mind, Robin

Do you think Chaztitty B will be there for support tomorrow night?

I hope not. She's gross!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I think Chaz will be there to support Cher.  

I was upset when Sonny and Cher split up, always thought they would make it for the long haul.

"I Got You Babe."   

Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe - CD-Rip ( HD Video With Photos ...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

@ Slim, have an expresso at 7:45p, it worked for Carrie Ann last week. Laughing

Off topic: Channel 2, Tuesday November 5 at 9p 

American Masters Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train a Comin'

A profile of Jimi Hendrix (1942-70), featuring footage from the 1968 Miami Pop Festival, home movies and remarks from family, friends and fellow musicians, including Paul McCartney; band members Noel Redding, Mitch Mitchell and Billy Cox.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Peta and Brant are gone,  all the Cher songs were a little too much (imo). I actually liked some of her songs that were done by other vocalists better.

Derek really can pull off the white slacks look,  however, I couldn't help wondering if he had a sock stuffed, you know where, lol.

Amber and her knee, torn tendon issues...maybe she will be next to go.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Sorry to see Peta go. Brant, not so much. Nice guy/competent dancer, but...meh. I feel kind of meh about the entire cast though thi year. Not crazy about anybody. Usually there's one or two every season who I look forward to seeing each week, but no one does it for me this year, including and especially the three presumed leader: Amber, Corbin and Elizabeth

No reaction to Cher night really. Dumb idea though to have her as judge. She obviously didnt know what she was doing. I'm just glad that the utaways to Chaztitty were kept to a minimum at least. I only noticed two

And, Robin, I told Maks about your suspicion of sock stuffing. He laughed and referred to YDH as "that little boy". No one ever accused Maks of stuffing a sock, I'll tell you that much

Forgot to ask, but I wonder if Maks will be returning to help out Val in the trio dance next week?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to RockinRobin39's comment:

Off topic: Channel 2, Tuesday November 5 at 9p 

American Masters Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train a Comin'

A profile of Jimi Hendrix (1942-70), featuring footage from the 1968 Miami Pop Festival, home movies and remarks from family, friends and fellow musicians, including Paul McCartney; band members Noel Redding, Mitch Mitchell and Billy Cox.

I saw about 20 minutes of this today. It looked really good. Hopefully there'll be a repeat showing during the week. Would like to see the rest

American Masters is an outstanding PBS program

Last year it profiled Phil Ochs, who I was not all that familiar with, but...really well done. I watched the episode twice

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

It's on today, also, you can watch it online.   I missed it, but I will try to see it this afternoon.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/episodes/jimi-hendrix/film-jimi-hendrix-hear-my-train-a-comin/2756/

Jimi Hendrix: Hear My Train a Comin'

Sunday
    11/10/13 2:30 PM
    WGBH 2

Sunday
    11/10/13 8:00 PM
    WGBX 44

PS: I watched the movie "Dressed to Kill" with Angie Dickinson and Michael Caine on ThisTv last night, I forgot how good it was, Michael Caine is one of my favorite actors.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Thanks, Robin

I'm gonna try to catch the 8 o'clock

I prefer not watching shows on line

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Well, Robin, that was a damn shocker. The tears were already welling up in Emma's eyes anticipating what we all were expecting to happen, and then BAM! Good bye, Elizabeth

Her reward for posting a perfect score in her trio dance was being voted off the show. Those 30 points might as well have never happened. Theyre useless to her. Now she gets to take the red eye to NY for an appearance on GMA early tomorrow. She must love that

Personally I am not sad to see her go. I just didnt like her for some reason. Not sure what. Her botox face maybe

I'm starting to think the same wingnuts who voted Bristol Palin through to the finale a few years ago are responsible for keeping Bill Engvall on the show this season. Not fair, I suppose, but I'm glad Emma is still around at least. She looked nice in the pink wig tonight, didnt she?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Bill Engvall looked like he had died and gone to heaven, dancing with Emma and Peta.

He must have the most secure wife on the planet!

This season has been unpredictable so far.

I thought Elizabeth was a definite contender for the Mirror Ball trophy.

She kind of has a horsey look to her face (like Melissa Rivers), don't you think?  Tall girl, I thought she danced beautifully.

I don't know about the botox...there are so many subtle rejuvenation techniques available these days, it's almost impossible to tell anymore.

I guess the votes really do make a BIG difference.

Do you think Amber could win? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Robin LOL

Now that you mention it, Elizabeth is kind of a horseface. Never noticed before, but youre right. Maybe that's why I dont like her: She suffers from "equine physiognomy"

Yes, not since Donald Driver teamed up with Peta and Katerina in May 2012 has one man been the recipient of so much good fortune on DWTS as Bill Engvall when he got to dance with Emma and Peta last night. Oh, lucky man

That trio dance btw is a real winner. It's always fun and entertaining. The performances last night were great. The only thing missing was Maks. It should have been him instead of Gleb teaming up with Val and Horseface

Do I think Amber could win? Definitely. I hope not though. That would mean MBT number 5 for YDH. I'm tired of him winning all the time

At this point though, Corbin would have to be considered the front runner. He is a better dancer than she is. Good partner too