1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: DWTS Season 18

Hi, Robin

I thought Drew outperformed expectations his first few weeks but then leveled off quickly after that. He might have even regressed a little actually. So no shocker he was eliminated. It was time for him to go

I dont like it though when they announce who is in jeopardy before any dancing takes place. Does that mean last night's scores had no bearing on who went home? If so, all the hard work Drew put in this week to learn a new routine was for nothing because he would have already been eliminated based on scores/votes from last week, right? I didnt like that. They did it last week too

But anyway, my top three right now are Meryl, James, and Amy. In that order

There's something nice about Meryl. I want here to win. She seems humble and shy to me. What a great partner for Maks to finally break the Chmerkovskiy Curse with

One more thing: That Redfoo guy. He had a few funny lines, which were probably pre-written for him ("You were like an entrepreneur out there. You owned that performance"), but other than that he added no value whatsoever. He was terrible. Agreed?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I have never heard of Redfoo before last night and he lost me with that silly crab analogy, lol.  He must have come up with that line by himself.

I agree about Meryl, James, and Amy.  But, don't forget Danica as a contender.

I also prefer Brooke to Erin, as Slim does.  Plus, Erin doesn't seem to have any chemistry with Tom.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Danica's been great, but I'm wondering if she'll be squeezed out by the human interest story that is Amy and end up being voted out early

I hope not. I like her. She deserves a spot in the finale

Erin was a bad hire. Wouldnt surprise me if this is her only season with the show

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Add me to the crowd, that miss Brooke and doesn't like Erin. Just hate her voice. And right, she and Tom has no chemistry. I don't even know, why they need her with the new version of the show. If DWTS continues next season, I hope they cut her.

I hope Maks wins this time. He has a great partner, and it would be a nice come back for him.

How is the painting, Robin? When we owned a house with siding, we used to do one side every year. One side was plenty, but manageable. Don't know, how you can do an entire house. I hope it is a small one. But good luck anyway.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Great episode Monday, Maks brought his A game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Danica McKellar breaks a rib while dancing

April 25, 2014, 6:53 PM EST
    WENN

Former "Wonder Years" star Danica Mckellar has become the latest casualty on "Dancing With the Stars" after breaking a rib in rehearsals.

The 39-year-old actress and author took to Twitter on Friday and asked her supporters to pray for her quick recovery.

She wrote, "So...I broke a rib in yesterday's #DWTS rehearsal. Trying my best to pull thru and could use your prayers!! #wanttokeepdancing."

Photos: Season 18 of 'Dancing With the Stars'

It is not yet known if McKellar will be able to dance her way through the pain or be forced to sit out the next round of live shows next week.

Earlier this season, "Star Wars" hero Billy Dee Williams pulled out of the ballroom competition show due to a chronic back problem.

Other celebrities still in the competition for Season 18 of "Dancing With the Stars" include former "Full House" actress Candace Cameron Bure, "Glee" star NeNe Leakes and "Big Time Rush" singer James Maslow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Tough injury to come back from. Gonna be hard for her to move around the dance floor with a broken rib. That's too bad. Maybe theyll shoot her up with something though, and she'll be okay

She's 39, huh? I would have guessed much younger. Looks more like 32 to me

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Here's the full list of scores from Week 6 of "Dancing With the Stars":

* Meryl Davis and Maks Chmerkovskiy: 39 out of 40 points + 39 team dance points
    * Charlie White and Sharna Burgess: 36 out of 40 points + 35 team dance points
    * Amy Purdy and Derek Hough: 36 out of 40 points + 39 team dance points
    * James Maslow and Peta Murgatroyd: 35 out of 40 points + 35 team dance points
    * Candace Cameron Bure and Mark Ballas: 35 out of 40 points + 39 team dance points
    * Danica McKellar and Val Chmerkovskiy: 33 out of 40 points + 39 team dance points

The outcome is getting pretty predictable now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

There are only two weeks left in the season, I believe, so next week must be a double elimination. I assume Candace will be one going home. Not sure about the other however. The sudden rash of injuries makes it harder to predict anything

Meryl is going to win though. That's one prediction I am sticking with. Another great performance last night solidified her position at the top

She is outstanding. As good as anyone who has ever appeared on the show IMO. Maks really lucked out with her

Hey, Robin, if Maks invites me to the victory celebration party two week hence, would you like to go with me? Bring Lola too if youd like. I'll introduce her to Sir Sleep-A-Lot. Theyll get along fine, I'm sure

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi, Ache

I agree about Meryl, at first I was worried about the height difference being a problem for Maks.

But at least she's a lightweight and quite agile, so he can flip her in the air and twirl her around and stuff.

Keep me informed about the celebration, lol.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimRidesAgain. Show SlimRidesAgain's posts

If Winnie keeps wearing cut off shorts it may inspire me to actually vote.  Otherwise I gotta think Maks and his Partner are going to take it. I have missed at least half of every week though, so maybe there's a dark horse lurking.  I suspect I might watch a little longer than I have been, but my tolerance for Erin Andrews is getting lower by the week.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Well that wasn't fair (Danica's elimination).

I don't blame Maks for the comment he made to that big @!% nasty guest judge, and besides, Erin set him up...she's got to go.

Interesting to see Mark Ballas singing.  Who knew! 

Still pulling for Meryl and Maks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimV7. Show SlimV7's posts

Mark had whipped out a guitar many seasons ago.  I'm not a fan, but he was really good in that opening number.  I didn't last very long.  I don't know who that loud, large, opinionated woman guest judge was, but she sent me heading for the safety of the BR where I couldn't hear her annoying voice in record time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Yes, that guest judge was definitely one big ball of negative energy.   She managed to push Maks's buttons from the get go.  Even the other judges appeared to be embarrassed.

She toned it down a bit after Maks said:  "I really don't care about anything she has to say."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Amy had a very strong night last night which may have vaulted her into the lead. I'm not sure

First time all season I'm worried about Maks and Meryl losing out on the MBT. That fat cow, Abby Lee Miller (or whatever her name is), gave them 8's for their rumba and for their Dance Duel number, pretty puny scores at this stage. Theyre at the bottom of the leader board now, four points behind the next nearest competitor (Candace) and nine behind Amy. That's a lot of points to have to make up for in viewer votes especially with all the Jesus Freaks voting for Candace

Robin, I'm worried!

The highlight for me last night was every time Nana Chmerkovskiy appeared on screen. What a lovely woman. Too bad she had to see poor Val being voted out. Oh, well. He's not her favorite anyway. Maks is...

PS MB sang last night? I dont recall him singing. When did that happen? I must have missed it

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Here it is   http://www.markballas.com/

I may have to start voting, I want Maks and Meryl to win! 

I liked Nana Chmerkovskiy too, I bet she makes a mean homemade Ukranian soup!   She was every sweet, but smart enough not to admit Maks is her favorite!  I'm sure she loves them both very much, and I bet those boys are good to her too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Thanks, Robin. I was late flipping on the show last night and missed the opening sequence. MB is a much better dancer than singer

I bet Nana Sofiya makes a great borscht

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi, Ache

Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever tried borscht.   Hmm, I must put that on my bucket list.

A vegetarian version, of course.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Borscht is a beet soup, right? Pretty sure there's no meat in it. So I think youre safe, Robin:)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Borscht is a beet soup, right? Pretty sure there's no meat in it. So I think youre safe, Robin:)

[/QUOTE]

I imagine they put a lot of stuff in it so it can pass as a hearty meal served with fresh warm bread.   "It can be served vegetarian style by omitting the sausage."   http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Ukrainian-Red-Borscht-Soup/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Robin

I think I'd prefer borscht with sausage to plain old borscht any day. Beet soup alone does not sound very appetizing to me

If anyone ever asks me what kind of borscht I'd like, I'm going to say, "Make mine Ukranian Red please"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I hope Maks and Meryl win, they are sooo close!  I don't think I have ever seen Maks look this relaxed and happy.

Btw: DWTS has been renewed for another season :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Robin

It would have been a travesty if Meryl & Maks didnt make it to the finale especially after posting those two perfect scores last night

They were probably never in any real danger of going home; I suspect the show placed them in the bottom two to create drama for everybody. But when James and the Jesus Freak were declared "safe" early in the evening, I got a little worried

They still have to beat out Amy & YDH, which will be a tall order, but with the highest scores entering the finale and with all that good/positive momentum from last night, M&M are perfectly positioned for next week, so I am optimistic they can get it done

I agree about Maks. He does look very content and happy with his partner. He and Meryl make a great team

Their Viennese Waltz last night was brilliant. I wonder if it was as good as the "Vietnamese" Waltz Maks and Brandy performed many years ago that our friend, uncle jackbu, was always raving about?

PS Nice job guest judging by Ken Ortega. Much better than that fat cow from last week. I liked his "Ten from Ken" line

Good news about the renewal too. Now if they could only just go back to the Monday/Tuesday format, I will be pleased

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Mark Ballas Seriously Injured in Dancing with the Stars Finale Rehearsal

By Monica Rizzo

05/18/2014 at 10:45 PM EDT

Dancing With the Stars had a bit too much drama Sunday afternoon when pro Mark Ballas fell to the floor while rehearsing his freestyle routine with celebrity partner Candace Cameron Bure, a show spokesperson confirms to PEOPLE.

"Mark was seriously injured during camera blocking," the spokesperson says. "His shoulder popped out during a lift and he was taken by ambulance to the hospital where he was treated and released. It's unclear whether or not he'll be able to perform on Monday's show."

The injury occurred at the CBS studio where Dancing is taped. Ballas and Bure were in the middle of a complex maneuver that involved Ballas lifting the actress onto his shoulders when the injury occurred.

Fellow pro dancers Derek Hough and Cheryl Burke were at the studio and rushed to Ballas's side on the ballroom floor.

They encouraged him to sit out the Monday finale so that the injury would not get worse, but Ballas is insisting he wants to perform. As a precaution, another DWTS pro will learn the routines and be ready to step in for Ballas should he ultimately need to sit out Monday's show.

This is the second time Ballas, 27, has injured his shoulder on the show. During the 2007 season five finale he dislocated his left shoulder while performing with his then-partner, actress Sabrina Bryan.

Four couples will compete in Dancing's season 18 two-night finale; the final performance show airs Monday at 8 p.m. ET on ABC. Tuesday's live two-hour results show will air following the one-hour recap special "The Road to the Finals" on Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET.