DWTS Season 18

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: DWTS Season 18

Yeah, we only notice the bad surgeries/treatments, I suppose

The good ones we arent even aware of. They probably outnumber the bad by quite a bit too

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

'DWTS' Drops Brooke Burke-Charvet — Who Then Comments On Her 'Shocking' Axing

The music has stopped for Dancing With the Stars co-host Brooke Burke-Charvet.

As reported by E! Online, Burke-Charvet got word on Friday afternoon that her services would not be needed for Season 18 of the ABC competition series, which premieres March 17.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/dwts-drops-cohost-brooke-burke-charvet-then-comments-050259555.html

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I'm a little surprised by this, but not really. They reduced her role significantly last season. With the new tighter format, she no longer interviewed the dancers after they performed, which used to be her primary function

So she became expendable, I guess

I thought she did an adequate job with whatever she was asked to do and looked good while doing it

I'm not happy about her being let go. Not unhappy either. I dont know what to think actually

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I wonder who they will have in her place, someone younger and blonder? lol

You don't think they will let Tom carry the show alone do you?

Although, I suppose the pros provide plenty of eye candy...maybe that's enough.

Ps: See what I mean about botox and plastic surgery, it only works for so long.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I dont know. Maybe theyll replace her with someone we never heard of. Younger and blonder is okay with me by the way

Whoever it is though, they better hire her fast. Only three weeks til the first show, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Yup, I'm keeping my eye on GMA in the mornings.  They should be announcing the new cast any day now.

Ps: Remember when Brooke did the talk shows to talk about her thyroid cancer and surgery... tmi?  Does anyone really want to know about someone else's medical ailments?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Yeah, they should be announcing the damn line-up already. Let's go, people! Hopefully we find out this week

BB on the talk shows? Didnt see any of it. I dont imagine it played a role in her being canned though

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

http://www.eonline.com/news/361493/brooke-burke-charvet-has-thyroid-cancer-dancing-with-the-stars-cohost-talks-surgery-staying-positive

Brooke Burke-Charvet has a lot more to think about than who gets kicked off Dancing With the Stars next week.

ModernMom's YouTube channel. "I need to have thyroid surgery and a thyroidectomy, which means I'm going to have a nice, big scar right here across my neck," she said.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

UPDATE

Erin Andrews to replace Brooke Burke-Charvet as Dancing With the Stars host

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/erin-andrews-replace-brooke-burke-charvet-dancing-stars-230500556-us-weekly.html

Tom ... and maybe Erin, or maybe just himself … will reveal the new DWTS Season 18 cast Tuesday, March 4 on Good Morning America

Erin, at age 35 is not that much younger.  But, she is blonde!  Brooke is 42...

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnxicosIjVs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Erin Andrews, huh? Oh, geez

Robin, if I had to make a list of the top ten women I absolutely did not want replacing BB-C on "Dancing", I'm pretty sure Erin Andrews would top the list. I dont like her at all. Most sports fans hate her

So I'm not happy about the new hire

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Don't worry, she's not quitting her day job.  You will still get to see her on the sports channels.

Won't this be awkward for Maks?    Karina, Peta, and now Erin, three ladies that he got to know really well, all working together.  I wonder if they will compare notes, lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Three ex lovers under the the same roof? For Maks that represents a "slow day"

So dont worry about him, Robin. I'm sure he'll handle this situation like he does all others: Smoothly. Maks is a total p imp

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Maksim Chmerkovskiy is going to be back on "Dancing with the Stars" dance floor, if toofab is to be trusted. According to the site, sources say that the Ukrainian dancer will be on the cast line-up for the upcoming 18th season of the dancing competition series.
     Read more: http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00068776.html#ixzz2uVz7zo00

Also:  Sean Avery is joining the cast of “Dancing With the Stars,” sources exclusively tell Page Six. Other contestants rumored to be joining the spring season include NeNe Leakes and Candace Cameron.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Sean Avery - the hockey player?
    NeNe Leakes - never heard of him (I'm a crossword puzzle addict though,  and so I do know that a "nene" is a Hawaiian goose!)
    Candace Cameron - never heard of her

Not too thrilled yet, Robin. I guess we have to wait until Tuesday for the big names to be announced

At least Maks is back though

ETA: Actually I have heard of Nene Leakes. It's a her, not a him. So sorry

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Danika McKellar – Val Chmerkovskiy

Cody Simpson – Whitney Carson

Billy Dee Williams – Emma Slate

Diana Nyad – Henry (new dancer)

NeNe Leakes (RHOA) – Tony Dovolani

James Maslow – Peta Murgatroyd

Sean Avery – Karina Smirnoff

Drew Carey – Cheryl Burke

Candace Cameron Bure – Mark Ballas

Charlie White – Sharna Burgess

Meryl Davis – Max Chmerkovskiy

Amy Purdy and Derek Hough

It looks like Derek lucked out again!   Interesting changes coming up, the contestants are going to change pros mid-competition...based on how the audience votes.

Maks and Meryl, looking good.   Danika and Val, promising.

Drew Carey is funny!

ETA: I did't know  "Amy Purdy had a typical childhood until losing her legs at 19 as a result of Meningitis, which has led to an adulthood of extraordinary accomplishments".

More info: http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/cast-announcement?om_mid=_BTFdxtB84jUhhb&om_swid=AFMOH5&cid=ealert_030414_2014-dwts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Looks good. Much better than the past two seasons.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Figure skaters have a history of success on the show (Kristi Yamaguchi, Evan Lysacek), so the two ice dancers, I suspect, will do very well

I never heard of Amy Purdy, but if she's paired with YDH, then she must be a real dynamo, prostheti legs and all

Switching partners mid-season? Ugh. Sounds like a terrible idea to me. I hate it already

Hey, DWTS! No more bad ideas please. How many more of them do you expect the public to tolerate?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Switching partners mid season? That is the dumbest idea, I have ever heard. Except, if the eliminated dancers get matched up with the survivors and get a second chance - that would be interesting.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

It looks like the partner switch is going to take place early...like right after week one. If so, I still hate it, but not as much as if it happened mid-season like I originally thought it would

Hopefully the viewers will do what the DWTS producers refuse to do, ie, stick YDH with a partner with whom he will likely struggle (NeNe Leakes or Diana Nyad), not with someone who practically guarantees him a spot in the finale

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi, Ache

Looking forward to tomorrow evening, 8pm!

The partner switch thing is going to be a mess, after all, the chemistry between the professional and the contestant is a BIG part of the deal. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Robin

Do me a favor please. Whoever turns out to be the worst female celeb dancer tomorrow, vote to have her paired with YDH, okay?

And whoever is best, pair her with Maks

Thank you

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Okay, lol   You know, this could be a nice opportunity for the new pros to show what they can do...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Looks like Maks might have a winner!   https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152242987856740&set=vb.8214706739&type=3&theater

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Yes, Robin. She looks like a winner to me too. She's MBT material

I'm surprised she wasnt automatically paired with YDH

Hopefully Maks keeps her for the full season and doesnt get switched off

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

It was painful to watch Billy Dee Williams, Diana Nyad too.  Emma Slater looks like she put on a little weight.  Cheryl Burke looks fit and trim, usually she is the one that comes back from hiatus looking plump.

The set lacked pizazz, too many budget cuts (imo), the numbers were too short, not enough razzle dazzle.

Erin is annoying. I thought she looked awkward/wooden in her role, doesn't exude warmth and approachability like Brooke did.  She flubbed her lines a few times too.

This is the first time I've ever seen Derek appear a little overwhelmed, he has his work cut out for him with this one!

Nice to have Maks back!