1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: DWTS Season 18

The Swimmer was worse than Billy Dee imo...but the judges gave her slightly higher scores for some reason.

Plus, Diana (The Swimmer) had a sense of humor about her performance, whereas Billy Dee looked hurt and befuddled.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Billy Dee Wiliams is a very talented and accomplished actor, he doesn't need this kind of aggravation.  I think the judges should have cut him some slack out of respect. He has charisma, something a lot of the other contestants lack.

I hope he bows out gracefully.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

(OT) @Ache, A recent post from Dottie:  http://boston.com/community/forums/lifestyle/confidential-chat/general/announcements-and-your-issues/60/6739086?page=3

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Well, I'm glad they put the judge's table back where it belongs and revived the skybox interview segment too. The show actually looked normal to me again last night. That's good

I agree with both of you about BDW. Seventy seven years old, two hip replacement surgeries, and an athritic back lol Oh, geez. And now poor Emma has to try and win with that mess? Give me a break. Not trying to sound mean or anything, but he just doesnt belong on the show. He is too damn old. Watching him out there last night was torture

I assume it's either him or hockey goon, Sean Avery, going home next week. I actually hope it's the hockey goon. I didnt like him at all. He seemed like a big jerk to me

And, Robin, I just want to let you know, I am dubbing young Cody Simpson "Hawk", okay? (For obvious reasons). So if you see me mentioning a "Hawk" this season, youll know who I am talking about. He wasnt bad IMO. I thought he showed off some pretty decent skills. I dont know if they're ballroom skills, but he moves really well

Thanks for the dottie update. More of the same from her though. I cant believe the she is still trotting out her "the developers are busy working on other projects" line of B.S. She needs to stop with the excuses, and fix the damn board already

PS Emma put weight on? I didnt notice. I thought she looked great

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I am a huge Billy Dee fan.  I figured the judges would have a snooty remark so I lowered the volume.

Good night and good to see Maks back.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought the Judges were about as respectful as they could be given the performance.   I can't shake the feeling that the voters are going to keep him around for another week or two,  but I'm not sure that would be doing him any favors.  The guy's a legend,  and from what little he did speak, it sounds like he still is dignified.  Maybe his handlers thought the exercise would be good for him, I still don't get it.

[/QUOTE]

There is also another angle to factor in.  I remember as an 18 year old how I froze in my first dance contest.  Boston had many clubs and a lot of them had dance contests.  We practiced for weeks and watched many but getting out there and being just the only couple on the floor was a bit nerve racking.  The next contest we were fine but it took that first one to really let us know what to expect.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In case anyone missed Diana Nyad's and Billy Dee's performances... 

http://uservideos.smashits.com/video/Ahycp1GooQg/full-dwts-18-opening-night-diana-nyad-henry-byalikov-foxtrot-week-1-3-17-2014-.html

http://uservideos.smashits.com/video/5HNRilkfyq4/Billy-Dee-Williams-Emma-Cha-Cha-DWTS-18-Opening-Night-.html

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to GoneToTheDogs39's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In case anyone missed Diana Nyad's and Billy Dee's performances... 

http://uservideos.smashits.com/video/Ahycp1GooQg/full-dwts-18-opening-night-diana-nyad-henry-byalikov-foxtrot-week-1-3-17-2014-.html

http://uservideos.smashits.com/video/5HNRilkfyq4/Billy-Dee-Williams-Emma-Cha-Cha-DWTS-18-Opening-Night-.html

[/QUOTE]

thanks

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

There is also another angle to factor in.  I remember as an 18 year old how I froze in my first dance contest.  Boston had many clubs and a lot of them had dance contests.  We practiced for weeks and watched many but getting out there and being just the only couple on the floor was a bit nerve racking.  The next contest we were fine but it took that first one to really let us know what to expect.

It wasnt nerves. At 77, he is simply unable to move like he used to. During his performance on Monday, he was practically immobile

The judges, I thought, were gracious in their remarks and generous in their scoring (he received all 5's)

I hope he does better next week, but it's going to be a struggle for him the rest of the way

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to steven11's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It wasnt nerves. At 77, he is simply unable to move like he used to. During his performance on Monday, he was practically immobile

The judges, I thought, were gracious in their remarks and generous in their scoring (he received all 5's)

I hope he does better next week, but it's going to be a struggle for him the rest of the way

[/QUOTE]

It is tough to believe the guy who played Gail Sayers is 77.  You're right, I hope he does better next week.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

'DWTS': Diana Nyad - I Want To Dance With Cheryl Burke!   :roll:

http://news.yahoo.com/dwts-diana-nyad-want-dance-cheryl-burke-215709626.html;_ylt=A0LEVxfDFCtTcj4Am3RXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0Yjkwb3VoBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDM3MF8x

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

For some reason I like it that she's a longtime fan of the show and knew the names of all the pro dancers

Diana Nyad is a scary looking woman though. If I were Cheryl Burke, I would be worried right now

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

For me, I don't know who was harder to watch, Billy Dee or Amy Purdy (I was worried about a possible prosthetic leg malfunction).

I can't believe Candace handicapped Mark (told him he had to keep his shirt on!) I don't think he appreciated that, he didn't seem into the dance at all...and the religion thing, ugh.

Robin Roberts from GMA is going to be a celebrity guest judge next Monday.

Also: "Dancing With the Stars contestant, Sean Avery, was eliminated from the show last night (March 24th)  in a shocking double elimination."

After his elimination, Avery tweeted a cryptic message saying,

‘I will tell everyone on #GMA tomorrow why i was voted off……my partner @Karina_Smirnoff is AMAZING’

Avery dropped a bombshell during an appearance on Good Morning America when he blamed the producers for his elimination. Avery explained he wasn’t happy with the way he was portrayed as the ‘bad boy’ on the show.   When he complained to the producer, Conrad Green, he said he knew his fate was sealed and he would be going home.

Avery said, in reality tv, if you have a disagreement with producers, that seals your fate.

Avery’s partner, Karina Smirnoff, remained silent while Avery spoke, but looked very uncomfortable.  We will post the video as soon as it is up, so you can see Smirnoff’s face.

Is that why there was a double elimination this week?  Did the judges intentionally have Sean Avery eliminated with the double elimination?  Do you think Dancing With the Stars is fixed?  excerpt from:http://haveuheard.net/2014/03/dancing-stars-fixed-sean-avery-blames-producers-elimination/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

with just the one night some last minute changes have to made.  If these two couple weren't getting many votes, then it was smart to nix them to make room for other things, including commercials.

I did like the way dwts let the eliminated couple dance.  Seemed not planned and with a live show, lots of changes had to be done.

Overall, I like the dancers and glad Billy made the cuts.  I don't think it was the first time he danced with three women.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

"Overall, I like the dancers and glad Billy made the cuts.  I don't think it was the first time he danced with three women".

I agree! lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

"...and the religion thing, ugh" lol

Yes x 100

I dont like it either, Robin. MB hates it too, I'm sure. He probably cant wait for the switch. Lose the Jesus Freak

She is not that great a dancer either. She's okay, but the judges overscored her last week. The 7's she received last night are more indicative of her skill level at this point

I dont believe DWTS is fixed, but those video packages they put togther on the stars every week def have an influence on the voting, and Avery's segment last week depicted him negatively. He looked like a big jerk IMO. I'm sure I wasnt the only one to notice either. How much of a role it played in his being voted out yesterday, I have no idea. But I can understand why he might be angry at how he was portrayed. He did not come off looking good

One other thing: Meryl Davis. What is up with the pallor? She is a very pale girl.  It looks like she is wearing mime make-up or something. Kinda weird

PS Those of you who have Twitter accounts and who are tired of seeing YDH winning all the time, please do me a favor. Tweet the following: #DWTSNeneDerek. Okay?

ETA: Thanks for the response, everybody. #DWTSNeNeDerek is now trending!

Thank you

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Whatever it takes to save the world from the sight of the flabby, tattooed chest of Mark Ballas works for me.   I'm only half watching, thought I heard something about potential partner swaps.  I hope he's done before those come along. 

In retrospect I should not have been surprised that Billy Dee is still around.  When the likeable disasters come along, they usual give them one last shot to do better.   Not to continue on to the next round, but to leave looking good, or at least not looking terrrible.  And he did do better this week even if the scores were exactly the same.   I suspect he'll be leaving next week.

That Diane Nyad looked like a sour puss and a very hard case during various camera shots.  But when she started talking she seemed nice and a great sport.   I think she left on an up note.

Went to bed before the last elimination.  I hadn't made up my mind about the hockey player, but he took it so poorly in his next day appearance that I'm thinking good riddance. 

I've got a crush on Danica.  Hot and smart and sweet.  Makes my former crush, Peta, look like the tramp I always knew she was anyway.

[/QUOTE]

"likeable disasters"  I love it.  He still dances better than Bristol Plain

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

@Ache, I did as you suggested.  I voted for Nene/Derek, I also voted for Peta/Billy Dee.

Don't know if my votes went through, the DWTS website is kind of screwy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Nice going, Robin. It will be great when YDH gets stuck with NNL in two weeks, wont it?

I voted using my FF Twitter account, and my tweet actually got retweeted by a woman named Virginia who is a huge Maks fan. I got a kick out of that. First time Ive ever been retweeted

Robin Roberts tonight. Oh, geesh. I know it's going to be awful, so I am preparing myself for the worst

PS Why Peta and BDW? Are you mad at Peta or something?:)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

No, I just wanted Billy Dee to have a chance to shine.  It's a non issue now, looks like he bowed out gracefully with a drs note.

That Danica is a live wire, and both of the ice skaters too.  Entertaining show tonight!

Ps: I've never tweeted, sounds like fun.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Robin

I just stopped by tonight to say that my most memorable year was 2003

That was the year I went to the local dog pound and rescued a beautiful Boston Terrier pup whom I later named William

I thought I was taking a house pet home with me that day. Little did I know, I was bringing home my new best friend *tears*

PS Yes, very good show, Robin. I didnt even let Robin Roberts bother me tonight

The two ice dancers were great. They crushed it. Theyre both going all the way. That's my prediction. Will be a great finale too

Also I was surprised/happy to learn the switch is only for one week. I thought it was permanent, didnt you? That's why I hated it. I still think it's stupid, but I guess I dont have to hate it so much anymore now