1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Re: DWTS Season 18

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We watched the finale of that other series, so missed the first hour.  First thing I caught was Drew Carey.  And it dawned on me as I watched,  this show isn't about the quality of the dances.  Yes, I've always been slow.  

How can you critique a dance when the camera shots are panning this way,  that way.  Now over here!  Flipping every 1.5 seconds to a different angle.  Hey look, they have a camera in the ceiling!  A little more fog please. Hit the flashing lights!

This realization put me near the edge.  Watching special guest judge Robin somebody parrot what everyone else was doing pushed me closer.  Listening to the idiot Carrie Anne and her bogus nitpicks sent me toppling over. 

Click. I'm done with this show. I did enjoy a few seasons, but they've lost me.   I thought it was going to be the sight of a shirtless Mark Ballas that finally did it, but nope, it was the heavy handed 'production values'.   Hasta la vista.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Robin's presence was boring.  I made it to Max then switched the channel.  I thought Max was deserving of his marks but some of the couples were getting gifts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice going, Robin. It will be great when YDH gets stuck with NNL in two weeks, wont it?

I voted using my FF Twitter account, and my tweet actually got retweeted by a woman named Virginia who is a huge Maks fan. I got a kick out of that. First time Ive ever been retweeted

Robin Roberts tonight. Oh, geesh. I know it's going to be awful, so I am preparing myself for the worst

PS Why Peta and BDW? Are you mad at Peta or something?:)

[/QUOTE]

I know Virginia and follow her.  I did have to block her retweets so I did not see yours.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Where is Tristan McManus?

I knew something was missing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I believe, I read Tristan got married to  his Australian girlfriend. So maybe he is taking some time off. I hope he comes back. Happy to see Maks back.

Re Billy. I think he just decided to bow out gracefully, instead of getting thrown out. This was not for him anyway. It was actually sad to watch, and yes, the judges were very kind.

I am quite surprised though, if the participants don't need a doctor's certificate, that they are well enough to participate. One has to have that in order to join a gym, and these dancing "exercises" can be a lot more strenuous.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to the previous comment: "I am quite surprised though, if the participants don't need a doctor's certificate, that they are well enough to participate. One has to have that in order to join a gym, and these dancing "exercises" can be a lot more strenuous".

That must be something new, I have joined a few gyms over the years and they never asked me for proof that I was in good health or physically fit.  They only asked me for my money! lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:

We watched the finale of that other series, so missed the first hour.  First thing I caught was Drew Carey.  And it dawned on me as I watched,  this show isn't about the quality of the dances.  Yes, I've always been slow.  

How can you critique a dance when the camera shots are panning this way,  that way.  Now over here!  Flipping every 1.5 seconds to a different angle.  Hey look, they have a camera in the ceiling!  A little more fog please. Hit the flashing lights!

This realization put me near the edge.  Watching special guest judge Robin somebody parrot what everyone else was doing pushed me closer.  Listening to the idiot Carrie Anne and her bogus nitpicks sent me toppling over. 

Click. I'm done with this show. I did enjoy a few seasons, but they've lost me.   I thought it was going to be the sight of a shirtless Mark Ballas that finally did it, but nope, it was the heavy handed 'production values'.   Hasta la vista.

The viewer's POV is manipulated by the director of the show, but the judge's POV is not. Bruno & Len et al watch the dance floor, not a tv screen. They see everything unfiltered. They are their own directors

So to them, yeah, it definitely is about the quality of the dance (QOTD). Maybe they are indirectly affected by the smoke, prop, and light show during each performance, but I'm sure they separate that stuff out. They probably hate that crap. Len especially

The "entertainment values" you now loathe are just for the viewer's benefit and do impact how the dances are perceived at home. Doesnt affect the judges though. Len/Bruno are still able to render judgement fairly and objectively. And the scores they give out definitely influence viewer votes. So QOTD still matters

Always did. Always will

False epiphany, Slim. Step away from the ledge

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

"False epiphany, Slim. Step away from the ledge"

Ache, I love this!  I'll have to remember it when I'm having a bad day, lol.

Ps: The rumors are flying that these two are having a "spring fling" James Maslow & Peta Murgatroyd Grab Sushi After 'DWTS' Jive

Btw: Ache, should spring be capitalized in that sentence?  I am confused about the rules regarding when to capitalize the seasons.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Robin

I'm going to use it whenever I think I'm having a "light bulb" moment, but the moment turns out to be something less than that

Not surprised about James and Peta. Two very good looking people, and they seem to like each other

Capitalize only if it's the first word in a sentence or part of a title. Otherwise lower case, like you have it in the sentence above.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi, Ache

Yeah, those lightbulb moments are something, always proceed with caution!

I just love the word epiphany, people should use it more often.

I like Peta, but I can see where Slim is coming from regarding his opinion of her.

(edit/what I had to say was snarky)

Ps: New post from Dottie

http://boston.com/community/forums/news/politics/general/very-interesting-the-white-rat-avatar-and-its-meaning/80/7092271?page=4

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Robin

I agree about 'epiphany'. Great word that is underused

Disagree about Peta though. I think youre being a little hard on her. She's only 25, right?

Dont know what to make of the dottie post. I dont trust that andijen though. I had one tiny exchange with her few years back. Not pleasant

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Oh, wow!  You are right (Peta July 14, 1986 age 27) I must have had her confused with Karina. I thought she was in her mid thirties, like Maks (age 34).  Still, time goes by fast.

I thought the post by Dottie was interesting, she doesn't usually get involved in these things.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Yeah, any dottie sighting is rare these days. But swooping in like that in the middle of a thread...when has that ever happened before?

A long time ago maybe when she had more of a presence on the board, but not now

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Off topic:  Ache,  this might make a nice avatar for someone.   It reminds me a little of your current one.  What do you think?

Roadside attraction seen on Rte. 133 as one drives from Burlington, VT to Montreal:

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/images/xc/ZCmufcoke2_gagfish.jpg

Back to DWTS:  "Cody Simpson Raffling a Private Dance Lesson, VIP Treatment at Dancing With The Stars for Charity"  
    http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/cody-simpson-raffling-a-private-dance-lesson-vip-treatment-at-dancing-with-the-stars-for-charity-201434#ixzz2y2cz1zwy   

Nice gesture. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Good afternoon, Robin

That's an impressive structure. I'd definitely stop there for a bite to eat. Nothing beats Johnny's, but I bet they serve great hot dogs up there

Good on ya, Hawk Simpson! I knew he was a nice kid. Something about the Aussies that is very appealing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Meryl and Val nailed it!   She actually works better with Val than Maks imo due to the height differences.

I liked Julianne Hough's retro Joey Heatherton hairdo.  She was one of my favorite performers from the 70s.  For those of you that don't remember Joey, enjoy:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYDwMm8Ud_s

But I didn't get the side/under boobage thing?  Distracting.  And why was Julianne so mean to Maks, "I think you phoned in your performance this week" Not an exact quote, but close. Ouch!

I thought the pros were trying extra hard to bring out the best in the celebrities.

I predict Candace goes next, she doesn't seem to be improving.

Ps: Maks was quoted as saying "Julianne is too young to criticize me"!

GMA recap: http://www.puredwts.com/2014/04/08/dwts-18-week-4-gma-recap-maks-chmerkovskiy-and-julianne-hough-interviewed/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Embedded image permalink   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Robin.

Yeah, Meryl was great last night. What a routine. In my mind, she is the one to beat. After that performance in the Argentine Tango, she has separated herself from the rest of the pack and is now the front runner

James did a pretty good tango himself though. I think he and Peta will be there at the end too

I like your description of Julianne's stylish 'do. It's right on

I had no problem by the way with her "side/under boobage thing". (In the fashion industry, I believe they call that a 'keyhole'). Didnt distract me at all. If anything, it helped focus my attention. William's too. You should have seen his little tail. It was pointing straight up the whole night

I didnt like her "I love you, Maks, but you phoned it in tonight" line, but Maks' "She isnt old enough to criticize me" response was hilarious lol Typical Maks. Very arrogant

He is going to have the last laugh though because he and Meryl are going all the way. Theyre going to win the MBT. That's my prediction

And give yourself a high 5, Robin. Thanks to you and me, YDH had to dance with NNL. Too bad it was only for one night

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

"And give yourself a high 5, Robin. Thanks to you and me, YDH had to dance with NNL. Too bad it was only for one night"

Yeah, I noticed he didn't try any lifts and twirls with her! lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Haha

No, he didnt. YDH is no dummy

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Attention,Ache:  A Dottie sighting.  http://boston.com/community/forums/lifestyle/confidential-chat/general/announcements-and-your-issues/60/6739086?page=3  Your name is mentioned :)  (off topic)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

The Wrath of Ache

That's pretty funny

Thanks for alerting me, Robin:)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi, Ache

Could this be a sock puppet pretending to be Dottie?  Several recent posts don't make sense.  Two or three over here:  http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/issues-for-bdc/100/6719145?ia=25240245

For example:

• BDCDottie
    • First: 5/29/2008
    • Last: 4/9/2014

Nah - these in-house moderators are handling only the Red Sox forum. We can see who blocks what and when, and if we saw either of them in another Forum, we would revoke their moderation privileges immediately.

The Politics forum is a whole other kettle of fish. I'll send a note to the outside moderators asking them to be more judicious in their handling of abuse reports from that forum.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Doesnt sound like her in a few of the posts, but unless someone hacked her account, it's definitely dottie

Thanks for pointing it out to me, Robin. I wouldnt have seen it otherwise

PS Where do I sign up for mod powers? If anyone had the temperment to be a BDC moderator, it is me

And if it ever happens, look out, OBN! Payback is a you-know-what

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi, Ache

I assume you are aware of this thread:  BDC Dottie Message http://boston.com/community/forums/news/politics/general/bdc-dottie-message/80/7113255?page=3

Btw: I should have mod powers over in Pets, don't you think?