1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: DWTS Season 18

In response to GoneToTheDogs39's comment:

Hi, Ache

I assume you are aware of this thread:  BDC Dottie Message http://boston.com/community/forums/news/politics/general/bdc-dottie-message/80/7113255?page=3

Btw: I should have mod powers over in Pets, don't you think?

Nope, I was not aware. Thanks for the link, Robin. Word is getting around about the new arrangement in the Sox forum, I see

Absolutely you should have mod powers in Pets, but why stop there? You and I should jointly moderate OBN

It will be tt trumpet's worst nightmare

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Not so, Ache.  You know I love ya.  Your cohort, however, I have on "ignore".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I don't put anyone on ignore, I am interested in what everyone has to say.  I like to stay open minded.

What a nasty thing to say, who cares who has who on ignore.....geesh!

Ache, don't ever retire, if you can help it, for obvious reasons. 

I'm going to start doing some outside painting starting tomorrow (can't afford a professional job). 

Wish me luck, I hope I don't fall off the ladder.   I have to scrape, prime, paint (2 coats).   I should have quite the tan in about a month or two.  I will be quite proud of myself if I pull this off!

I even have Duluth work gloves...

Sorry, folks, off topic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Not so, Ache.  You know I love ya.  Your cohort, however, I have on "ignore".

You will change your tune once Robin and I are given mod powers, trumpet

Youll be running to her seeking easy treatment after Ive banned you a several times for breaking the rules (or for not breaking the rules)

Robin will be the lenient mod. Not me

So you better be careful what you say about her. I would take her off ignore, if I were you

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Robin, very cool that youre doing your own house painting. I think that's great. Good luck with it

How big a job are you doing?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I did some of it a couple of years ago. The scraping is the worst part.  I keep putting it off, but tomorrow, I will begin.  I"ll pace myself and a couple of my friends said they might help. 

I don't enjoy it, but it has to be done. 

I am picking up some special heavy duty primer for the problem side, that's the key.

Eta: I forgot to mention the sanding and smoothing.  Ugh, I'm tired already, just thinking about it :/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Pacing yourself is a good idea, Robin. No need to rush. Slow & steady is the way to go

Sounds like you know what youre doing to me. Good luck! I bet youre going to do a great job

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Eta: I forgot to mention the sanding and smoothing.  Ugh, I'm tired already, just thinking about it :/

Ive done a little house painting myself, Robin, so I know how tedious a job it can be. Just take your time though. Youll get it done. It will look great too

PS If youd like to borrow my Ryobi sander, you are welcome to it:

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Thanks, Ache

But I can barely manipulate the hand scraper and a little sandpaper.  Just worked for 5 minutes and decided I needed a break :)

This is the last time I take on a project like this, I don't recommend it.  A lot of work, from now on, I'll call "Mr Handyman".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

First day is always toughest, Robin. Being discouraged is just part of the deal. Not to worry though

Painting is a long process. Youll be okay

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

testing 1...2...3

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Site appears to be broken, but what you post in the headline will show up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Robin. This board is stupid. What else can go wrong with it, I wonder?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Isn't this silly! I think James Maslow and Meryl Davis are the top contenders. Wasn't Carrie Anne acting strange?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

And Donnie Osmond was entertaining as a judge

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Agree about Meryl & James. Pleasantly surprised by Danica too. After last night, I am starting to see her as a frontrunner

testing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I think Carrie Anne may be on pharmaceuticals

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I agree. I forgot to mention, Candace looked ridiculous in that wig!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I know. Cant believe they sent her out in that thing. Looked very cheap. A nicer one for 2 bucks on sale now at Halloween Outlet

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

testing 1 2 3

test?    It works!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mile26. Show Mile26's posts

[QUOTE]

test?    It works!

[/QUOTE]

test

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Drew's gone, no big surprise.   I bet Candace is next.  I didn't appreciate all the flashing strobe light activity during the numbers, seems like they are doing it more.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimRidesAgain. Show SlimRidesAgain's posts

I gave up this show, but my wife hasn't, so I wound up catching about 10 minutes of it, off and on.  Saw Mak's dance - is this going to be his season?    He looked great, and his partner looks normal sometimes with him, although mostly she looks like a character out of some French animation flick.

Gotta say that Erin Andrews has done the impossible, and made me miss Brooks. Gack, this woman is the worst. Plus way too tall. But mostly it's the sound of her voice.