1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCAEStaff. Show BDCAEStaff's posts

How do you feel about the end of Oprah Winfrey's famous talk show?

Oprah Winfrey said good-bye to her long-standing daytime talk show. Are you sad to see her show end? Is it time?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustoff. Show Bustoff's posts

Re: How do you feel about the end of Oprah Winfrey's famous talk show?

Who cares. That broad was nothing but the start of trash TV. No talent. Just garbage on the screen. Oprah opened to door for all of the garbage that came in after her. Carson was talent. Oprah was a zero.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ursulagirl. Show Ursulagirl's posts

I thought her show was important when she started, but have seen no relevance in the last 20 years.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sophie08. Show Sophie08's posts

I've never seen her show. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

never once watched the show so I don't care one way or another

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fendawg. Show fendawg's posts

Oprah?  She was in the Spielberg Civil War era movie right? Anyway what show and why did it end? Was it one of the shows NBC pulled after two episodes?  Anyway on to more important news, how about those Bruins?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Now that the show is off the air, I will be able to see it as often as I did when it was on.

I would tend to agree that Oprah took a format that was (mostly) worthy in the hands of someone like Phil Donahue and turned it into a vehicle for vapid self-glorification that paved the way for most of the dreck that permeates talk TV today.

I'm sure Ms. Winfrey has done her share of good works (and made damn sure we all knew about it, too), but I say good riddance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anita2121. Show anita2121's posts

I love how all the people who claim to not really care, are the only ones who took time out of their day to comment. Comical..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Never cared for her.  I'm sorry to see Ellen DeGeneres leave her morning slot to take over Oprah's vacated slot.  Ellen's funny but I think a definitely a morning show.  Don't know how she'll do in the late afternoon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifeistooshort. Show lifeistooshort's posts

The finale was a waste of tv watching

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from samanthastevens. Show samanthastevens's posts

In Response to Re: How do you feel about the end of Oprah Winfrey's famous talk show?:
    I thought her show was important when she started, but have seen no relevance in the last 20 years.
    Posted by Ursulagirl

Sadly, Ursala, she wasn't any different than Maury Povitch when she started.  Vapid, sensationalized shock tv.  She "reinvented" herself over the years. 

A local Chicago tv reporter who filled a slot when Donahue went off the air.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: How do you feel about the end of Oprah Winfrey's famous talk show?:
    I love how all the people who claim to not really care, are the only ones who took time out of their day to comment. Comical..
    Posted by anita2121

The reason this happens is because it's not enough to simply to tune Oprah. She's omnipresent and it annoys a certain kind of person who wishes she would just go away (which, of course, she won't).

More comical to me is that, for all her greatness, it appears almost nobody is going to miss her . . .  which, again, is a pretty solid indication that she's not really going anywhere.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steverino1. Show Steverino1's posts

Her ego is nearly as big as the Trump's.
    Good riddance.

Sections
Shortcuts