1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

If you could dream up a Boston-based reality TV show, what would the plot be?

We've come up with seven ideas for Boston-based reality TV series (on the heels of Jan. 22's "Wahlburgers" premiere), but we want to know: if you could create and cast a Hub-inspired show, what would it be about? Who would it star? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mykljonez. Show mykljonez's posts

Re: If you could dream up a Boston-based reality TV show, what would the plot be?

The Real MBTA

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: If you could dream up a Boston-based reality TV show, what would the plot be?

A reality show about the culture of message boarding

Boston angle: It will be set right here at the bdc message board

The cast will be chosen from among the dim bulbs/shining stars of these forums

Each 30 minute episode will be packed with existential conflict, low comedy, and human drama

The conflict will result from the ongoing frustration felt by the entire cast toward 1) the mod staffers, who will be portrayed (accurately) as arbitrary, unresponsive, and inept...and 2) the board itself, the functionality of which is always breaking down and never being fixed

The humor will arise out of the comic interaction/infighting taking place daily between/among the ast members, who will responsible for posting their own material but who will be expected to follow a pre-written story line prepared especially for them by script writers and story editors

Human drama - Each week a different cast member will be highlighted, and viewers will be given an all access look into his personal life. Where he lives (presumably down a basement somewhere), what he does for a living (*smirk*), and his relationship with his mother will all be explored. If done well, this segment will evoke genuine pathos and make sympatheti figures out of some of the internet's biggest losers

Flashy graphics, vibrant musical score, and slick direction will tie everything together

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

"A reality show about the culture of message boarding

Boston angle: It will be set right here at the bdc message board

The cast will be chosen from among the dim bulbs/shining stars of these forums

Each 30 minute episode will be packed with existential conflict, low comedy, and human drama"

I love it!  Maybe I'll finally get my 15 minutes of fame Laughing

"All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."     Norma Desmond in Sunset Boulevard          

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Robin!

If you agree to join the cast (and I hope you do) and assuming the show is a hit (how could it not be?), then I predict that you will become the next breakout reality tv star

America is going to fall in love with you. Youll probably end up with your own show out of this

Dont look now, Robin, but youre about to become famous overnight!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Edit/Nevermind, I'm being silly, again :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Wouldnt that be something, if as a result of the notariety you gain from this show, you end up being a celebrity dancer on DWTS? And maybe even winning the MBT? That would be great!

I just hope they dont pair you with Corky Ballas like they did to poor Florence. Or with pudgy Johnathan. I'm thinking you and Gleb would make a good team. Or maybe you and Tristan

But if Tony is your dream partner, Robin, go for it!

PS I dont know Dr Ablow, but if you recommend him, I'm sure he is very skilled. He may be a little pricey though

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Actually, a reality show "The Real Ladies of Confidential Chat" would gain a big following, I think.  True to life how we all guard our anonymity, yet by chance of fate, unknownst to us, our paths cross in places like Trader Joe's, Marshall's, Job Lots, restaurants, even our choices of medical facilities.  Lives intermingled through children and grand children and their schools and sporting and recreational events.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

That's a good idea, trumpet. Each of you has a unique personality which we'll be able to exploit and make a caricature out of (ie, good tv)

Kargiver, for instance, will be the "sickly one". Every week she will show up wearing a hospital johnnie and suffering from a new ailment: double vision, migraine headache, back pain, interurinary infection and so on. First episode she will become sea sick after taking a hot bath

Youll be the "literary one". Each ep begins and ends with one of your ummm...poems that links up thematically with that week's subject matter. A bust of Emily Dickenson will be prominently displayed on your desk. We will even create a phoney backstory about you being the great great great great grand neice of Elizabeth Barrett Browning

pingo will be the "wacky immigrant lady" from Khazakhstan. I know she's Danish, but no one will know the difference. Not even pingo will notice

ambergirl, wherever she is, will be the "fiery impulsive one" who flips over tables every time you refuse to acknowledge her, which will be every episode

The star of the show though will be WinterBride-y because of messages like this:

Last night I bought DS a pair of red sneakers. He doesnt like them though. He wants blue ones instead.

Hope everyone has a nice day

In a complex world filled with ambiguous heroes and vague uncertainty, America will come to embrace this simple, straightforward woman and her artless, plain spoken prose style

And thus a star is born...

I look forward to working with you, trumpet. Please tell the others about our plans

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Look at me, Wildo!
                                      I'm gonna be a reality tv star!
                                       Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schillings_Ankle. Show Schillings_Ankle's posts

None.  Reality TV is garbage.  And it's not even real.  No one's real life is interesting to watch.  For instance, even though I'd be interested in seeing glimpses of how Tom Brady trains and practices, it would get old fast.  I can't believe the disgusting, moronic, trite and self-indulgent reality TV program is still working.  What a pathetic statement on our pathetic culture and the sorry individuals who inhabit it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ache, have you thought about casting?  Of course, it's a foregone conclusion that if she's available Helen Mirren will play me.  You and I have always felt she is most like me both in looks and presentation of self.

You have forgotten some of our chatters tho.  I suppose you're going by older postings , but Hats is a very active chatter now, as are Princess Cal, Icer, Rama, Novembride, ShakerSilly, and there are others  like Miscricket and Beastsgirl, who jump in from time to time.  Thought should be given to who would portray each.

I must confess that now that the idea has been thrown out there, I myself, will try to make each posting a little more interesting with added Irish wit interlaced - playing to the audience, you know.

I wonder when these ideas will be suggested to producers?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In a reality show the characters would portray themselves (obviously) :roll:

reality show

n   (Broadcasting) a television show in which members of the public or celebrities are filmed living their everyday lives or undertaking specific challenges

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Out of curiosity (even tho I know it killed the cat) I had to open your post, Robin, because I felt it must have some remark addressing my post - yes, I'm well aware what a "reality" show is, but playing ourselves wouldn't work in the case of C.C. because we all still want to protect our anonymity.  The stories would be true (well, maybe slightly "embellished") but speaking for myself, I don't want people waiting outside of Job Lots or the Dollar Store for my autograph every time I shop.  Actresses who have the same physical appearances as we do, such as Helen Mirren for me, could be chosen.

Ache, I've thought of another feature that would add interest to our show - you know how on the "housewives" shows, the women always seem to start their own business ventures?  Kargiver could (and should) write her health conscious book including her recipes using grains, cultures and all that good stuff - my friends urge me to go into my own card making business, and there's always that suggestion that I put my poems in a book - Hats, does a great deal of crafts which I'm not sure she isn't already selling - a couple of others are already in their own professional careers (Icer with her cakes).  Who knows - the network might even get a couple of spin offs from that.

If anyone can present it to bigwigs so it is accepted, it's you.

ETA:  Ache, plus, there's Cheerio - she might become the next Garfield -

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Ache, we definitely need Dr Ablow's input.  He loves the camera, and maybe he will give us a reduced rate?  He might remember me, it was a pleasure working with him.  http://keithablow.com/   He is a local boy, lives north of Boston.

“There is no reason why anyone with depression, anxiety or any other psychiatric problem cannot be helped. The patient-doctor partnership simply needs to be more powerful than the affliction.”

- Keith Ablow MD

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Casting? Hello?

toytrumpet will play toytrumpet
    pingo will play pingo
    Kargiver will play Kargiver and so forth

You want to become famous, dont you? You wont become famous by remaining anonymous all your life, trumpet

By agreeing to appear on the show you are essentially giving up your safe haven of anonymity

That's how it works. This is reality tv, not the Y and the R

Other members of the cast will include:

Hats who will play the "judgmental one" whom the audience will grow to loathe. Remember Omarosa from The Apprentice? Hats will be this show's Omarosa

mothermitzi, wherever she is, will play the "Ultra Uptight one" (for obvious reasons)

Novemberbride-y will be the "MILF-y one". You know what that is, I'm sure. She will appeal to the important 18-35 male demographic out there

Icer - Dont know what role she will play, but everytime she appears on screen, she will be seen with a Chef Boy-R-Dee hat on her head and a spot of flour on her nose to remind the audience she is in the cake making biz

Those will be her "visuals", ie, little props of some sort that help explain what each cast member i all about. Everyone will have her own visual

Yours will be the Emily Dickenson bust
    Kargiver's will be the hospital johnny (as well as a perpetual thermometer sticking out her mouth)
    pingo's will be a babushka and peasant s hirt
    NovemberBride-y's, a see-thru negligee
    Hats will have horns growing out of her head...and so on

By the way, I'm thinking of casting Cheerio in the role of "wry commentator". I will tell you how it works later. One thing though: She wont be shy about us videoing her litter box activity, will she? I hope not, otherwise this segment wont work

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi Ache, I am concerned about how Cheerios teeth will photograph?

After all, didn't she miss a recommended cleaning or two a while back...

We might have to use a stand-in.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Okay, Robin. Any friend of yours is a friend of mine

I will be happy to hire Dr Ablow on your recommendation. He sounds highly qualified to me

I'd like to rub his head for luck first though

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Her teeth? Ummm. No problem. We will simply s hoot her from the back or sideview

That ought to take care of it

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You really don't have a handle on what we're, or I'm all about, and I guess neither do I, you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

A handle on who you are? What difference does that make, trumpet?

This is reality tv. We create our own reality

Are you backing out on me already? OMG

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Well, I'm in....and I think I still photograph pretty well considering my age and what I've been through (you don't want to know).  LOL

Edit

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Thank you, Robin. I knew I could depend on you. We will stay with the original format I outlined on Friday

PS Did not see some were RNs. Well, that's interesting

ETA: We'll use this as your publicity photo:

Oops! It's a little big!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

edit/delete

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

delete!

Sections
Shortcuts